Celtic v Rangers Saturday 11th May 12:30

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think that for us to still be technically in the title fight at this stage after Beale's start to the season is incredible, 

Utter shite. Clement had the title in the palm of his hand about 3 weeks ago and dropped 5 points at Dingwall and Dundee. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

Utter shite. Clement had the title in the palm of his hand about 3 weeks ago and dropped 5 points at Dingwall and Dundee. 

The serial shitebag nature of the squad reared it's head once we got our noses in front 

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

‘Form goes out the window in a derby’ is one of those mind numbingly stupid cliches that come out alongside a myriad of others when these games come around. 

File it neatly alongside ‘VAR isn’t the problem, it’s the guys operating it’ for calibre of people saying it. 

It's one of these things people love to say for no apparent reason.

You could say it about any fixture in the world. Hearts have already wrapped up third this season and have a great away record, yet got beat at Ross County.

We all know that form goes right out the window when Hearts play Ross County.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's one of these things people love to say for no apparent reason.

You could say it about any fixture in the world. Hearts have already wrapped up third this season and have a great away record, yet got beat at Ross County.

We all know that form goes right out the window when Hearts play Ross County.

Indeed. Isn’t it funny too that when newly promoted rangers played derbies they regularly got skelped for 4 and 5 by Celtic instead of them playing out multiple goal thriller draws 4 times a season. 

A statistical anomaly. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

An Aberdonian being dour and negative,  I'm shocked..

3 hours ago, bennett said:

An Aberdonian being dour and negative,  I'm shocked..

You disagree with what I said? Rangers had the title won (positive) and Clement’s team shat it (reality).

49 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You disagree with what I said? Rangers had the title won (positive) and Clement’s team shat it (reality).

We had the chance to stay in contention and shat it, at no point was the title ever won.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

We had the chance to stay in contention and shat it, at no point was the title ever won.

It was. It fits in with your narrative to say that it wasn’t.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was. It fits in with your narrative to say that it wasn’t.

It obviously wasn't won.

Pretty disrespectful to the rest of the league claiming that Rangers had the league won in February/March or whenever it was that they had a 3 or 4 point lead.

I agree that they bottled it but the league was far from won. If Celtic lose the league now they would also have bottled it and I wouldn’t say the league is won right now with a 3 point gap and 3 games to play.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Pretty disrespectful to the rest of the league claiming that Rangers had the league won in February/March or whenever it was that they had a 3 or 4 point lead.

I agree that they bottled it but the league was far from won. If Celtic lose the league now they would also have bottled it and I wouldn’t say the league is won right now with a 3 point gap and 3 games to play.

I'm not talking about February/March. I was talking about the 14th April, less than four weeks ago.

9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think that for us to still be technically in the title fight at this stage after Beale's start to the season is incredible, but I just don't think that a large percentage of this squad has the bottle to go to Celtic Park and get a win when we need it.  Injuries aren't helping, but I fear it will be the same story as before, gift them an early goal, fall apart, rally a wee bit but too little too late.

Interesting take when you consider that Clement has won roughly a similar number of points as Beale over a similar period. So really  if you kept Beale you would probably be about where you are.

It was Celtics pish poor run of form and results that let you in if you are being honest with yourself. 

Posted (edited)

So many people writing Rangers off makes me a bit nervous. I’ll be glad once this one is over however I won’t get to watch it, first one I’ve missed in as long as I remember so hoping it’s worth the watching back 

Edited by Jinky67

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Yeah, we were never more than 2 points ahead. And even at that, I’m sure we were only top for 3 or 4 match days due to Celtic then having played a game or two more than us at points from matchday 29 onwards until the split.

So yep, I agree we bottled it, but we were top for 4 of 34 matchdays so far this season with at most a 2 point lead or games in hand to potentially go 2 points ahead. To say the league was won at that point with 2 derby games to come is silly.

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It was Celtics pish poor run of form and results that let you in if you are being honest with yourself. 

I don’t really buy into this line of thinking that I often see, both up here and down south.

You say it was Celtic’s poor form that allowed us to go top, surely the whole point of a league campaign is to try and better the results of your opponent? If Rangers went ahead in the league it was because they had amassed more points than Celtic at that point. So, rather disingenuous to suggest it was only down to Celtic dropping points rather than anything to do with the form of Rangers.

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Interesting take when you consider that Clement has won roughly a similar number of points as Beale over a similar period. So really  if you kept Beale you would probably be about where you are.

Even you don't believe this pish. 

20 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Even you don't believe this pish. 

It was a classic shifting of the goalposts from Jinky.

You mentioned Beale’s start to the season, which was incredibly poor (1.7 points per game and 7 points behind Celtic after 7 matches) and he then conflated that with Beale’s overall record since he was first appointed to make it seem as though we haven’t improved much under Clement since his appointment. We clearly have as Clement has about 2.4 points per game this season in comparison to Beale’s 1.7