The dull dull dull John Swinney thread

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s me resigning my SNP membership.  Can’t see me voting for them in any elections either.

Why is it that an avowed racist would never get a position like Deputy Leader but it’s OK to appoint an avowed homophobe?

^^^^

download (2).jpeg

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s me resigning my SNP membership.  Can’t see me voting for them in any elections either.

Why is it that an avowed racist would never get a position like Deputy Leader but it’s OK to appoint an avowed homophobe?

Resign from P&B as well and do us all a favour.

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

Who's getting your vote now? There are always a ton of options for Holyrood.

Apparently there's a far-right environmental party. They sound like fun.

Greeny Danger.

31 minutes ago, HulltoonDee said:

Those independence dreamers are like fans of the Titanic waiting at New York harbour for it to sail in. It's not gonna happen people. 

Is the local paper not accepting your letters anymore? Try Facebook comments sections.

13 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Watching fmqs. He really is boring. 

Dunno about that. His wee arithmetic lesson to the Tory demonstrated that the "education was better years ago" may not be true, as the Tories clearly don't understand the effect of inflation on fixed budgets.

15 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

By boring do you mean his actual voice as I'm not sure what anyone can do at FMQs to be made to look less "boring". Juggle ? Dance ? 

9 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Swinney being First Minister again is pretty depressing, but I'm quite happy with boring bureaucratic leaders. It's more difficult to imagine them being mad shaggers or burying troves of public money in their gardens.

...but then you remember that John Major, the ultimate grey bank manager, was taking baths with Edwina Currie  :yucky

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

By boring do you mean his actual voice as I'm not sure what anyone can do at FMQs to be made to look less "boring". Juggle ? Dance ? 

Yes his voice and the way he speaks.

I actually think he's going to kill them with kindness and they'll not be able to slag him off because he's a nice man.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Yes his voice and the way he speaks.

I actually think he's going to kill them with kindness and they'll not be able to slag him off because he's a nice man.

I'd take his oratory style over the likes of Johnson anyday. I think most MSPs are pretty similar in that respect across the spectrum.

54 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Can't accuse Labour of being boring. They're about to admit Rose West, Tommy Robinson and Leigh Griffiths into their 'broad church'.

4 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Can't accuse Labour of being boring. They're about to admit Rose West, Tommy Robinson and Leigh Griffiths into their 'broad church'.

Too far, m9. Nobody's going to take you seriously with patter like that.

Swinney should lean into being boring - we've had too many charismatic leaders, lets have a really boring one.

The 'Bueller... Bueller' First Minister.

My profile pic is probably enough of an indication that political leaders aren't really my bag in general, but if we must have them then I don't think that picking them based on their charisma is wise.  Trump, Johnson and Berlusconi - among many others - were able to do a lot of real damage to the lives of a lot of real people because the morons that comprise the media class found them entertaining.  Leave that stuff to actors and musicians.

6 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Has he been First Minister before….?

Good point. How easy it is to forget the days of Continuity Labour.