The dull dull dull John Swinney thread

I’m watching him now on some Sunday breakfast politics type show and he’s just an absolute charisma vacuum. So dull.

He’s talking about cohesion in the party. He is so dull. And bald.

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m watching him now on some Sunday breakfast politics type show and he’s just an absolute charisma vacuum. So dull.

He’s talking about cohesion in the party. He is so dull. And bald.

He’s Scottish tbf. 

25 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Aye, much better if he was a dancing fool like Boris, a parroting Anas, or a bumbling Dross. 

Much better if he wasn’t so dull.

11 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

With all the extremism, hysteria and downright disgusting nature of politics, I think dull is what we need right now.

Well, John is unashamedly dull, so good luck to him.

Posted (edited)

Swinney is the steady hand that the party needs right now, there will be in time a more dynamic leader a la Sturgeon but right now what we need is stability and a rebuilding of trust and unity at Holyrood and Swinney will provide that.

On the same programme this morning Geissler made a twat of Andrew Bowie, or should I say that Bowie made a twat of himself.

Significant that he was unopposed for FM.

Edited by SandyCromarty

43 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Prefer my folk who have the hands on the till to have at least some political nous rather than some YouTuber tbh.

It’s the Levers of Power rather than the till(er).

Steady as she goes, Mr Sweeney.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

With all the extremism, hysteria and downright disgusting nature of politics, I think dull is what we need right now.

boring and doing the job well is fine, so if he does a good job in the 2 years hes going to be in role then its fine. It does seem though that hes had the job lumbered on him and I dont think he wanted the role I think its been forced on him to some extent. 

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Thank f**k for that.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Swinney is the steady hand that the party needs right now, there will be in time a more dynamic leader a la Sturgeon but right now what we need is stability and a rebuilding of trust and unity at Holyrood and Swinney will provide that.

ri-chun-hee-north-korea.thumb.jpg.3f14de0ae02e90d63acac065101c3bf1.jpg

I think there’s a bit of a misconception sometimes with these bland technocrats. Very often we see a politician with a boring, uncharismatic persona and we mistake that for competence.

I’m not saying Swinney isn’t competent (although his performance in the pandemic left a lot to be desired), and he deserves every chance to prove himself, but we shouldn’t automatically assume he’s a “safe pair of hands” just because he’s a bit dull.