Killie in Europe 2024/25

2 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Was at the Brugge derby in November with my son. Back again this week with my wife, this was our tea.

IMG_1222.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

Superb stuff, I've got a bottle of Brugse zot blonde in the fridge which will be getting opened shortly as it's roasting here today (purely to keep hydrated of course 🤣)

Have you done the brewery tour? Reckon I'll do it this time around, also did you have to make a reservation for the restaurant? The last time I was there it was just after COVID and it wasn't too busy so we were able to walk in and get a table without any hassle.

4 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Superb stuff, I've got a bottle of Brugse zot blonde in the fridge which will be getting opened shortly as it's roasting here today (purely to keep hydrated of course 🤣)

Have you done the brewery tour? Reckon I'll do it this time around, also did you have to make a reservation for the restaurant? The last time I was there it was just after COVID and it wasn't too busy so we were able to walk in and get a table without any hassle.

Yeah, did the tour in November with the boy, enjoyed it. 

3 hours ago, centralTon said:

Yeah, did the tour in November with the boy, enjoyed it. 

Sorry, didn’t say that all three times I’ve been there and had food we just turned up and although it was busy, we got served no problem. Have you been to De Garre? Best Tripel out there, 11% and €5.80 a glass, cubed cheese included. Monk is a kinda traditional pub and just off the square, Duvelorium isn’t, but has magic views of the square. 

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1218.jpeg

8 hours ago, centralTon said:

Was at the Brugge derby in November with my son. Back again this week with my wife, this was our tea.

IMG_1222.jpeg

I had Brugse Zot when over in Brugge in April, and was definitely the best beer I had then. 

Looking forward to a few more when back over for the game. 

43 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I had Brugse Zot when over in Brugge in April, and was definitely the best beer I had then. 

Looking forward to a few more when back over for the game. 

Aye, cracking beer. Get to De Halve Maan if you can, absolutely brilliant bar, brewed there.

12 hours ago, centralTon said:

Sorry, didn’t say that all three times I’ve been there and had food we just turned up and although it was busy, we got served no problem. Have you been to De Garre? Best Tripel out there, 11% and €5.80 a glass, cubed cheese included. Monk is a kinda traditional pub and just off the square, Duvelorium isn’t, but has magic views of the square. 

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1218.jpeg

I generally don't drink Triple (as I'm a bit of a lightweight these days) but De Garre is definitely on my list of places to visit.

Thanks for the info regarding the restaurant, I'd seen a few reviews with folk complaining they'd got a bit of attitude for not having a reservation, usually in those occasions it's the reviewer that's had the attitude, if I get a moody waiter I'll charm them with my Dutch/ Vlaams language skills.

Edited by stevieKTID

On 18/07/2024 at 18:49, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Fair play to Killie, good effort, especially post Germany. Feel a bit sorry for Brugge fans having to travel to Kilmarnock for the return leg right enough.

I’d feel sorry for them too seen as the return leg is in Belgium. 

KuPS Kuopio from Finland or Tromso from the arctic circle if we drop down into the conference. None of those trips look pleasant on the wallet. Tromso are currently 12th out of 16 in Norway though and you like to think you'd fancy us against a team from Finland... So maybe a wee chance of winning a tie if we don't get past Cercle. 

19 hours ago, Coooombe said:

KuPS Kuopio from Finland or Tromso from the arctic circle if we drop down into the conference. None of those trips look pleasant on the wallet. Tromso are currently 12th out of 16 in Norway though and you like to think you'd fancy us against a team from Finland... So maybe a wee chance of winning a tie if we don't get past Cercle. 

Splendid. A potential trip inside the Arctic circle. 

Have to say I'm insanely jealous of this drop down option you have. Just show's you the importance of pipping us to that 4th place.

Massive kudos to you guys for the support you're taking to the away leg too. I know you've had the benefit of a longer notice period and a very accessible country, but regardless that's an outstanding effort by any measure. Hope you go over there and do Scotland proud.

Compare that to our situation. A weeks notice to get to extortionate Iceland and a ticket allocation of about 100. 🤦‍♂️. Whilst I know our supporters have been buying home end tickets, I honestly doubt we'll have more than 300/400 there under those circumstance.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Have to say I'm insanely jealous of this drop down option you have. Just show's you the importance of pipping us to that 4th place.

Massive kudos to you guys for the support you're taking to the away leg too. I know you've had the benefit of a longer notice period and a very accessible country, but regardless that's an outstanding effort by any measure. Hope you go over there and do Scotland proud.

Compare that to our situation. A weeks notice to get to extortionate Iceland and a ticket allocation of about 100. 🤦‍♂️. Whilst I know our supporters have been buying home end tickets, I honestly doubt we'll have more than 300/400 there under those circumstance.

yeah we'll be in the same boat for the next round. 4 ties, all in Scandinavia and if (and it's a big if) we beat Cercle, i'll get home on the Saturday, Parkhead on the Sunday then likely off to the Arctic Circle on the Tuesday! Had worse predicaments tbf. Looks like 3,000 or so travelling, know plenty in the home end plus the club got 200 hospitality tickets. 

Less than 100 tickets in the home end for Thursday. Really need to look at how we can segregate the away end. 

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

yeah we'll be in the same boat for the next round. 4 ties, all in Scandinavia and if (and it's a big if) we beat Cercle, i'll get home on the Saturday, Parkhead on the Sunday then likely off to the Arctic Circle on the Tuesday! Had worse predicaments tbf. Looks like 3,000 or so travelling, know plenty in the home end plus the club got 200 hospitality tickets. 

Less than 100 tickets in the home end for Thursday. Really need to look at how we can segregate the away end. 

Yeah we’ve had to do that for our home game too. The 3 traditional home ends are all sold out, but apparently the club has agreed with the police that we can open up another 900 tickets in our away end. That leaves about 700 which I assume will be made up of around 200 for segregation and 500 for the Icelanders. 

That's us now sold every ticket available to Killie fans for the home and away legs. Remarkable achievement tbh, I don't remember us ever selling out rugby park before and taking 2500+ to Belgium is a mad amount so soon after the euros. 

41 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

That's us now sold every ticket available to Killie fans for the home and away legs. Remarkable achievement tbh, I don't remember us ever selling out rugby park before and taking 2500+ to Belgium is a mad amount so soon after the euros. 

How many tickets have Cercle sold?

I assume it’s the away stand that remains unsold. Surely at the very least you could take the top or the bottom or top and bottom one side or the other? Or is it not as simple as that?