Staggies v ‘Well 11/5

Just in from the game - enjoyed it a bit more than the December version...

I know Aberdeen and Hibs supporters have been doing performative "season's over" patter as a result of being in the Bottom 6 - but our recent history says that some jeopardy-free fitba can be genuinely good fun and the last 2 weeks have shown that perfectly. We've seen 9 goals, some of them as good as anything we've seen this season - so if you're liable to finish 7th or 8th regularly like us, best to enjoy it - and the fairly decent support we had up did that.

The game was more open than I expected and County didn't do what Livi, Saintees or Accies (in the distant past) would have done by turning it into a shitfest in the hope of getting anything they could out of it - so there were lots of chances and lots of pish defending on show. It felt like we were the better team for most of the game but not 4 goals better - that was due to County giving it up *completely* when the 3rd went in (similar to Fir Park version in Adams last game in fact). 

Hope County stay up - by far my favourite away trip (and I don't think our points total for next season could deal with Livi and County disappearing at the same time) - so good luck on Wednesday.

I've slightly calmed down 24hrs later. The 'performance' from the 3rd goal reminded me of watching Dundee Utd last season here when Mulgrew et al looked like they had downed tools.

Heads turned to mush, you can not trust this team, lack of leaders.

Things I learned : an advanced single on the train means the conductor gives you a strange look if you get the one 20 minutes earlier back to Inverness; amongst the delicacies in the Wimpy (the real reason for the journey) is a thing called a bendy, I just went with it; the seagulls in Dingwall like to share your tea; 4 times out of 5 the trip is a success for Motherwell even without KVV.

A thoroughly enjoyable trip, they have caged in the outside of the Mallard unlike County’s first ever game in the top league when fans were mixing and teetering on the edge of the platform (one probably follows the other).

As much as Perth is almost a home game for me I would miss my trips to Dingwall, good luck in the games ahead although I do hope next Saturday’s game still has some jeopardy for Saints.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, silver said:

Still not convinced DC is the man to take us forward.

I’m with you there. DC is a good egg but I can’t quite convince myself he’s the right man. 

Edited by Lanky Highlander

Yip have to agree with the above two posts. Fighting for survival and to capitulate at home to a mediocre team is extremely poor all round. Not just the defeat but our goal difference has been shot to pieces and that alone could put us in the playoffs. 

Not convinced by DC.

11 minutes ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Not just the defeat but our goal difference has been shot to pieces and that alone could put us in the playoffs. 

Yip, that pounding the goal difference has taken could 'Well come back to bite us.  However win on Wednesday and we are safe.  I really dont want to go into the Aberdeen game having to win.

DC has my support until he has had a window, he's inherited a lot of mediocracy.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

DC has my support until he has had a window, he's inherited a lot of mediocracy.

That's a fair point. It's tricky judging the merits of someone of having to work with an inherited ropy squad versus someone being judged on having had a close season to build a squad.