Livingston vs St Johnstone - 11/05/2024

5 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Some laugh when Livi turn us over for 3 or 4

On one hand I think we could win two out of the three games left. Then on the other I can see us getting pumped every game.

Probably leaning towards the second option tbh. Just attack the b*****ds.

On 07/05/2024 at 19:59, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Moving McGowan into midfield important to add a presence and give the team a better balance. Don’t think it will even enter Levein’s head though. 

Unless Sprangler is miraculously available then this has to happen for me.

Phillips is the only player we have capable of winning duels but we need more than that.

I wouldn't even be against the idea of having McGowan, Sprangler and Phillips as the midfield if we had Wright and Carey as wing backs.

Then Kimpioka and Sidibeh up front. You don't need Clark as a number 10 under some sort of pretence of making us more robust if you have a dogs of war midfield. 

Win the ball and either get it wide or in behind. Simple game.

58 minutes ago, Radford said:

And I don't even have me facking badges mate.

You can work towards the season after next as you'll need them for Europe. Or we could just do that stupid thing Hearts did this season.

On 07/05/2024 at 18:55, Fife Saint said:

Some laugh when Livi turn us over for 3 or 4

First thought was no chance of us wining let alone scoring 3 or 4 goals, but we beat County 2-0 in our last home game, and could have scored a few more, so who knows, it might happen. Pressure is off now we're relegated, we actually played some nice stuff against County.

Levein on Saturday morning - "we're going to go for it, nothing to lose now, we need wins"

Line up Kirk picks 

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Considine - Gallacher

M. Smith - Phillips - Max - C. Smith

Kimpioka

11 hours ago, Radford said:

Phillips is the only player we have capable of winning duels but we need more than that.

I wouldn't even be against the idea of having McGowan, Sprangler and Phillips as the midfield if we had Wright and Carey as wing backs.

Then Kimpioka and Sidibeh up front. You don't need Clark as a number 10 under some sort of pretence of making us more robust if you have a dogs of war midfield. 

For as much as the squad isn’t very good, neither is most of the rest of the league and really feel we could have been safe already if Levein had utilised it properly. That’s the big worry for the last 3-5 games - will he pick the right team.

Certainly didn’t think in the middle of the season that Motherwell would be 9 points clear of us at this stage and when you think Ross County have had to sack two managers…

On 09/05/2024 at 09:05, Radford said:

Don't worry, Levein has said MacPherson is going to add the midfield presence you desire. 

It'll be next week - after he injures himself on Saturday - that it transpires he's triggered an appearance-related extension.

Terrifying that he might get a new deal.

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

It'll be next week - after he injures himself on Saturday - that it transpires he's triggered an appearance-related extension.

Terrifying that he might get a new deal.

That's it. Get them all to f**k and burn the place down. Adam if you're reading this, sell the fucking lot for housing and get as far away from Scottish football as you can.

MacPherson and Phillips are arguably our best CM pairing tbf. I mean it's shite and there's flaws everywhere, but it's better than Max/Carey/Smith(either) in there beside Phillips, who's either half arsed or half fit or both.

If Spranglers able to play then that changes.