Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

Watched that back this morning just to see the main points, was much more enjoyable this time around instead of stressing the f**k out for the last 20 minutes or so. 

Ruth's second from multiple angles is something I could watch for a long time for the first touch alone. 

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Shame the fan base has dwindled so much since then. Hopefully our first season of progression in about a decade might bring a few back.

I think the answer is a breeding programme and you should shag your way round Dumbarton to help build the club's fanbase. Think of it as a sacred duty.

11 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I think the answer is a breeding programme and you should shag your way round Dumbarton to help build the club's fanbase. Think of it as a sacred duty.

:lol: P&B isn’t letting me greendot this but I’m not sure there’s enough antibiotics in the world for what you’d pick up from that!

29 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

We took far more than 500 to Annan, Cowden, Airdrie, Celtic and Spartans. All of those were 4 figure attendances of Sons fans.

Yeah, I remember going to Cowden for that draw, we had 6 or 7 supporters' buses there.

Jim Chapman winked at me after I shouted some encouragement towards our dugout.

11 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Yeah, I remember going to Cowden for that draw, we had 6 or 7 supporters' buses there.

Jim Chapman winked at me after I shouted some encouragement towards our dugout.

I think the club put on 10 buses for Cowden. Plus everyone who made their own way. We outnumbered the home crowd about 3 to 1.

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I think the club put on 10 buses for Cowden. Plus everyone who made their own way. We outnumbered the home crowd about 3 to 1.

Aye, I believe you are right.

tenor-8.gif

Just now, Silverton End said:

Aye, I believe you are right.

tenor-8.gif

So that puts to bed the very, very silly notion that we only ever take a maximum of 500 fans to big games.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

So that puts to bed the very, very silly notion that we only ever take a maximum of 500 fans to big games.

It does

*I have ran out of green dots - quota exceeded-  apologies*

While we’re on the subject of crowd wanking, if the only Accies fans at ICT are the ones behind the goal, then we took far more yesterday. I know it’s a much longer trip for them, obvs.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Does anyone know if the club get some money for the game being on BBC ALBA?

Surely we must have made a bit of cash from the 2 home play-off games,,,decent gates at both.

I'm fairly sure any tv money goes to the spfl and is shared out via prize money. Different from the Scottish cup where we did get paid for the game against Rangers.

Also well played to the poster on here who predicted our playoff success before the Elgin game.

Dont think he was a Sons fan but when he wrote what he wrote he seemed 100 percent convinced.So much so he convinced me although i stayed schtum cause I didnt want to tempt fate.

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'm fairly sure any tv money goes to the spfl and is shared out via prize money. Different from the Scottish cup where we did get paid for the game against Rangers.

Oh ok thought we might have got a separate payment.

The attendance for the 2nd leg was more than the combined attendance for the four league fixtures and the league Cup tie in 2018. 2281 vs 2014. Remarkable turnout on Friday imo.

29 minutes ago, microdave said:

The attendance for the 2nd leg was more than the combined attendance for the four league fixtures and the league Cup tie in 2018. 2281 vs 2014. Remarkable turnout on Friday imo.

The playoffs aren't everyone's cup of tea, especially in terms of ripping up the league placings, but the knockout format appeals to supporters and neutrals alike.  Friday night's tie was an attractive prospect and the game lived up to the billing.  It was also easily our best away day since Oswestry.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The playoffs aren't everyone's cup of tea, especially in terms of ripping up the league placings, but the knockout format appeals to supporters and neutrals alike.  Friday night's tie was an attractive prospect and the game lived up to the billing.  It was also easily our best away day since Oswestry.

And it was also cracking weather.