Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’d consider taking a punt on Blair Henderson, if he’s available. He didn’t look amazing over the two legs, but his physicality and goal-scoring record would make it worth a shot.

I fully expect @Jan Vojáčekdown at Faz’s office, with his list of recommended signings, first thing Monday morning.

I also wanted to green dot some of the great posts above, but apparently I’ve used them all up for the day on all the lovely messages of congratulations we’ve had.

Henderson is an absolute cart horse. No thank you.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Henderson is an absolute cart horse. No thank you.

18 goals in the league this season, though. Plus another 5 in the playoffs.

Edited by FifeSons

Just now, FifeSons said:

18 goals in the league this season, though.

Penalties and tap ins. I've watched the guy numerous times now and he's pish. Another Rusty McLean but with more diving and cheating. 

Created an account to say that Aron Lynas was fucking superb last night.

When I saw Crighton limping off I feared that might be a turning point in the tie. When I realised Lynas was playing at centre back up against Blair Henderson even more so. But in 70 minutes the league's top scorer didn't get a sniff. Absolutely fantastic performance and characterised the character and graft that got us over the line over the four matches.

Just started going to Dumbarton games about 5 months ago after missing going to the football weekly back in the North East. What a fantastic decision. Everyone I've met at the club have been fantastic, and I've felt part of something that I never felt following Aberdeen.

Looking forward to next season

Mon the sons

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Penalties and tap ins. I've watched the guy numerous times now and he's pish. Another Rusty McLean but with more diving and cheating. 

I agree. He's never impressed me either.

And for your side, michael Ruth this year vs McLean last year must be the biggest improvement..it looked a huge difference to me.

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Any word on how many we took? It was really impressive.

I’m no good at judging the size of crowds, but I’d say they was around 17 million of them out there.

IMG_3526.jpeg.b60ebfb0cf2ee3b99acc54c921dddd01.jpeg

Total attendance was 2281 according to Spartan's twitter. Away fans easily 50-60% of that

22 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

Total attendance was 2281 according to Spartan's twitter. Away fans easily 50-60% of that

Absolutely no chance Dumbarton had over 1000. A good few hundred yes i’d say 500 at a push

24 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

That would mean we took several hundred more to the away leg than turned up for the home leg

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Any word on how many we took? It was really impressive.

I’m no good at judging the size of crowds, but I’d say they was around 17 million of them out there.

IMG_3526.jpeg.b60ebfb0cf2ee3b99acc54c921dddd01.jpeg

I’d say it was nearer 18 million. Let’s just round it up to 20 mil.

45 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

That would mean we took several hundred more to the away leg than turned up for the home leg

Fair enough when you put it that way....

Must have been some number of neutrals because the Spartans support was pish

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

So you don’t think 1 in every 2.5 people there was a Sons fan? I’d say 1,000 Sons fans is a realistic estimate. It was really impressive how many we took. I was genuinely shocked.

Edited by FifeSons

50 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

So you don’t think 1 in every 2.5 people there was a Sons fan? I’d say 1,000 Sons fans is a realistic estimate. It was really impressive how many we took. I was genuinely shocked.

I distinctly remember a lot more than that turning up at Forthbank in 1995. Everything else that day I prefer to have amnesia on though.

4 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I distinctly remember a lot more than that turning up at Forthbank in 1995. Everything else that day I prefer to have amnesia on though.

Shame the fan base has dwindled so much since then. Hopefully our first season of progression in about a decade might bring a few back.

56 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

So you don’t think 1 in every 2.5 people there was a Sons fan? I’d say 1,000 Sons fans is a realistic estimate.

I obviously wasn't there but aside from the Irn Bru Cup Final we've never really taken close to 1,000 anywhere. We probably had about half of that at Airdrie for our last play off win. I reckon a lot of neutrals probably took that in last night. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I obviously wasn't there but aside from the Irn Bru Cup Final we've never really taken close to 1,000 anywhere. We probably had about half of that at Airdrie for our last play off win. I reckon a lot of neutrals probably took that in last night. 

We took a hell of a support to Parkhead in 2007. Possibly the biggest away support I can remember. I was young, though, so maybe misremembering.

Only going by what it felt like last night to me, and there were a lot in Sons colours. A lot around where I was on the side of the pitch and also in the stand, the corner next to the grassy bank and the grassy bank itself.

Anyway, who cares!!