CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Drawn against the moneymen in the west first round. 

For a team that don't splash the cash, Leishman on peanuts I am assuming? 

Craig Trusdale there for the love of the team? 

Yes I accept JB will out spend you however I still think it is safe to assume you have one of the biggest budgets in the league. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Yes I accept JB will out spend you however I still think it is safe to assume you have one of the biggest budgets in the league. 

No doubt our budget has improved even though club will always play it down i was suprised when Leishman signed for us when i heard what he was on it at darvel 

2 minutes ago, Bankie boy said:

No doubt our budget has improved even though club will always play it down i was suprised when Leishman signed for us when i heard what he was on it at darvel 

He was on very few fans at Darvel and wanted to change that.

6 minutes ago, clansman said:

He was on very few fans at Darvel and wanted to change that.

That's what it is aye. Not sure which bank allows you to pay your mortgage with attendance figures.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

That's what it is aye. Not sure which bank allows you to pay your mortgage with attendance figures.

I don't think a lot of players at this level rely on their fitba wage to cover their mortgage. That would be a very dangerous thing to rely on, given the length of contracts and risk of injury. Perhaps with Big Leish having played in front of big crowds at Talbot, then going to Darvel and playing in front of a man and his dug some weeks (Gartcairn v Darvel for example, must have been rocking), the appeal of playing infront of a decent fan base for his final few seasons probably was a big pull. 

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Clydebank boss Gordon Moffat admits the supporters sold new signing Andy Leishman on a move to Holm Park.

The goalkeeper is a familiar face across the West of Scotland Football League having starred for the likes of Auchinleck Talbot and Darvel in recent seasons, winning a cup double with Darvel last season to go alongside the 27 winners medals he picked up in his time with Talbot.

Full story: https://trib.al/zXIcemN

38 minutes ago, clansman said:

Clydebank boss Gordon Moffat admits the supporters sold new signing Andy Leishman on a move to Holm Park.

The goalkeeper is a familiar face across the West of Scotland Football League having starred for the likes of Auchinleck Talbot and Darvel in recent seasons, winning a cup double with Darvel last season to go alongside the 27 winners medals he picked up in his time with Talbot.

Full story: https://trib.al/zXIcemN

Ah well if it's part of an interview then it's definitely true. 

4 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

From what I hear Darvel is a shitshow with Benny Hill in charge.

In fairness, that is probably nearer the mark.

In answer to the previous point, of course players won't (or shouldn't) be relying on football salary to pay their mortgage; I used this merely as an lazy point to make. It's difficult for a Talbot man to have a go at Andy.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In fairness, that is probably nearer the mark.

In answer to the previous point, of course players won't (or shouldn't) be relying on football salary to pay their mortgage; I used this merely as an lazy point to make. It's difficult for a Talbot man to have a go at Andy.

Andy is very much in the "can do whatever he likes" category for me.

6 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Hey we’re saving £500 a week not having to pay a doctor so we can spend it. Clown. 

40 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Plus the money saved by sharing a council park with Yoker...quids in all round.

Don't forget all the other teams we share this wonderful asset to the community with.

Yoker u20s great 4-4 draw last night.

Check out fulltimesc0res, all the games on usually get a mention.

30 minutes ago, clansman said:

Don't forget all the other teams we share this wonderful asset to the community with.

Yoker u20s great 4-4 draw last night.

Check out fulltimesc0res, all the games on usually get a mention.

Yes a community facility one not fitting of the 'senior team' you see yourselves as. 

You must be soo envious of teams like Auchinleck, Pollok, Irvine Meadow, Troon etc...with good quality grounds and grass park. That is why you celebrate the 'we beat talbot' cup so much, however when it matters they come out on top. I feel your pain. Failing to compete in a league that is clearly below you and your rightful place in the SPFL despite only being formed in 2003 and lack any history. Effectively a more establish St Cadocs. Gartcairn at least have their own ground.  

All those teams mentioned will use a community facility for training what they are designed for not matches.

For me there is no sense of belonging where ground sharing takes place. I understand it as team don't want to buy their own ground and would rather throw money at players than setting down roots. 

41 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Yes a community facility one not fitting of the 'senior team' you see yourselves as. 

You must be soo envious of teams like Auchinleck, Pollok, Irvine Meadow, Troon etc...with good quality grounds and grass park. That is why you celebrate the 'we beat talbot' cup so much, however when it matters they come out on top. I feel your pain. Failing to compete in a league that is clearly below you and your rightful place in the SPFL despite only being formed in 2003 and lack any history. Effectively a more establish St Cadocs. Gartcairn at least have their own ground.  

All those teams mentioned will use a community facility for training what they are designed for not matches.

For me there is no sense of belonging where ground sharing takes place. I understand it as team don't want to buy their own ground and would rather throw money at players than setting down roots. 

Rhubarb trolling again,change the record and bore off.

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

I love your obsession with all things Clydebank. You should buy a season ticket.