CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

15 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Yes Bill?

Put yer fishing rod away pal. Anyway , you know what we're getting with Samson, someone to convert the chance we're creating hopefully. Good wee team put together now. Augmenting what was a pretty decent team already in the areas of weakness. Fingers crossed

4 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Put yer fishing rod away pal. Anyway , you know what we're getting with Samson, someone to convert the chance we're creating hopefully. Good wee team put together now. Augmenting what was a pretty decent team already in the areas of weakness. Fingers crossed

Not doing any fishing. 

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

🤣

I've no problem with teams splashing the cash but don't insult people by denying it.

Hopefully it wins you the League 

We no admit anything comes to money🤣

2 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Grace and all those on the board deserve a lot of credit for pulling together the funding of these transfers to support the management team. Another good three points away from home today to back it up as well.

With over £60k spent in the transfer window, no room No room for slip ups.  I think it is fair to say the Bankies are the biggest spending club in the league this season.    I just feel if it’s not promotion to LL this season for the bankies, a league below the standard of the WoS, where they will ultimately be stuck indefinitely due to lack of appropriate licence to be promoted.  

Money at this level is crazy. 

I remind teams to look at other clubs who have been big spenders in the past, where are they now? Darvel seem to be team currently going through that change.  KR are in free fall.  Pollok debt level is crazy from outstanding bus bills, kit suppliers, local food suppliers etc….keeping up with the jones’ is a dangerous game.  

32 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

With over £60k spent in the transfer window, no room No room for slip ups.  I think it is fair to say the Bankies are the biggest spending club in the league this season.    I just feel if it’s not promotion to LL this season for the bankies, a league below the standard of the WoS, where they will ultimately be stuck indefinitely due to lack of appropriate licence to be promoted.  

I remind teams to look at other clubs who have been big spenders in the past, where are they now? Darvel seem to be team currently going through that change.  KR are in free fall.  Pollok debt level is crazy from outstanding bus bills, kit suppliers, local food suppliers etc….keeping up with the jones’ is a dangerous game.  

60 k ffs🤣🤣🤣 yes we have spent money but behave🙄

44 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Here he is!

Bouncing off your padded cell everytime the bankies bag another 3 points.

45 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

You really are a crackpot 😂😂

10 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Wow, thats a lot of writing, im happy for you or sorry it happened, cant lie didnt read.

I wish someone would specify the "goldilocks zone" for the right amount of money it is proper and decent to spend on a division-by-division basis. If you're going to pull arbitrary moral financial standards out of your arse you might as well pad them out with some detail. "Too much" often just sounds like code for "more than the established pecking order are comfortable with". 

Time will tell if Clydebank upping the spending is a good strategy but I know Samson will be a good addition and make a difference. He's not an especially prolific scorer but others around him will score more because he's there and his quality always stuck out like a sore thumb at this level.

If the ambition is to go for successive promotions then he's the sort of player that will be good enough to provide continuity season after season. That seems like a wise bit of spending to me, whereas If money were being flung at a clapped-out 35-year-old former Premier League journeyman who was there to phone it in for a couple of seasons it would look a lot different. 

Needless to say I hope it all backfires horrifically but I think it might not.