CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

11 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'll apologise upfront, but cannot resist this opportunity.

Here's a lovely scenario for all the non Bankie lovers.

You get rid of Clydebank at end of season; rejoice and happiness. No more having to converse with those annoying paper-people.

You look at a table for the prem for next season and your eye catches an unfamiliar name; who is that your brain asks. And then a sickening realisation washes over you as you lip read the name of this mystery club.

B - R - O - O - M - H - I - L - L

Oh please god no it can't be why, why, why us what have we done to have this fate befall us.

Keep a close eye on the Lowland League Table this season.

The nightmare may be coming to our league.

👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹

I'd rather have a few moaning bankies out of their traveling 200 plus fans than 20 Broomhill fans ' so I get where you are coming from . I remember at a darvel v ckydebank game last season, a very nice lady serving the  pies n Bovril etc , said I wish the ckydebank fans could come every week 

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I get that the drum have absolutely no fans but cmon they absolutely are outspending us along with Burgh and Cadocs, its obviously useful for those who hate us. 

Clydebanks wage bill will be up there with St Cadocs,Johnstone Burgh,Drumchapel & Cumnock.

49 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I get that the drum have absolutely no fans but cmon they absolutely are outspending us along with Burgh and Cadocs, its obviously useful for those who hate us. 

With the amount of cash the Bankies have allegedly  spent, if you finish below any of these clubs in the league are you coming on here in May and state that it was money well spent?

46 minutes ago, the don revie said:

I'd rather have a few moaning bankies out of their traveling 200 plus fans than 20 Broomhill fans ' so I get where you are coming from . I remember at a darvel v ckydebank game last season, a very nice lady serving the  pies n Bovril etc , said I wish the ckydebank fans could come every week 

That's because you get the chance to buy a pie.

14 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Utter rubbish 

In what way?

Your weekly wage bill will be amongst the highest in the League not counting what you've spent on players in 2024.

Lot of pressure on a manager thats not won anything....

21 minutes ago, andy25 said:

In what way?

Your weekly wage bill will be amongst the highest in the League not counting what you've spent on players in 2024.

Lot of pressure on a manager thats not won anything....

In the way that you’re talking rubbish.

The wages are nowhere near the likes of Gartcairn,St Cadocs,JB or even Cumnock for that matter.

3 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

In the way that you’re talking rubbish.

The wages are nowhere near the likes of Gartcairn,St Cadocs,JB or even Cumnock for that matter.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, beaver watch said:

With the amount of cash the Bankies have allegedly  spent, if you finish below any of these clubs in the league are you coming on here in May and state that it was money well spent?

I have hopes that Moff has put together a very strong team, not a massive squad but a good wee collection, im happy with how they move the ball about and i hope Samson is the answer to more goals. I want to win the league more than anything, but i have to be realistic and say its gonna be very difficult. 

18 hours ago, beaver watch said:

The big picture is Clydebank have spent the cash. They now have to provide an end product where  second position in the league isn't good enough. Big ask considering the money that's getting flung about this division.

agree on all points

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have hopes that Moff has put together a very strong team, not a massive squad but a good wee collection, im happy with how they move the ball about and i hope Samson is the answer to more goals. I want to win the league more than anything, but i have to be realistic and say its gonna be very difficult. 

However if you don't win the league the recent financial leg up by the club won't matter?

I'm really struggling to see the reason for the hate towards Clydebank for spending a bit of money when other teams in the league are spending also? After falling away last season the way they did it was clear they needed strengthening, add to that the 2 teams with a fair bit of money being promoted plus teams in the division already improving they were going to have to do something.

Not sure how they're season tickets sell but for example if they had sold 250 season tickets at say £100, thats £25,000 (quick maths) right away which could may well cover the fees for players they have signed. 

34 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Will Tucker get sacked if Tier 6 behemoths Talbot win nothing again this season? 

He has about 20 years of credit in the bank and dozens of trophies. Thats just being daft. Tucker will leave when he feels time is right but I dont think this season will be it as they seem to have an exciting team that can challenge for cups and be top 3-4 in the league once again.

Edited by Shannon

Just now, Eadie is God said:

No,there was over 800 at the Pollok game.

Yes Pollok with a big away support, I was more meaning the likes of your local derby v Drumchapel or a visit from St Cadocs etc...yes youll get fans through the gates from the likes of Talbot, Pollok Beith however some clubs hardly travel. 

JB committee man said 1000 plus when Talbot went there and I heard Talbot have 900 plus v Darvel and then 1500 v Cumnock.