CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

On 16/08/2024 at 19:09, An Absolute Imposter said:

None of these facilities; Donald Dewar, Huntershill, Kilsyth, Stepford, even Gartcairn's MTC were not built with the paying public or diamsabked access in mind. They are designed for youth teams, ammie teams watched by family and friends.

Petershill, Kilwinning and the new Kirkintilloch Arena are examples of new builds designed for paying customers and disabled access. I know many folk don't like them but that's a separate issue.

I think the Synergy was adapted when Bonnyton went semi pro.

The others I mentioned above are as people say Leisure Centres, not football stadia.

The WOSFL created this problem by not being strict with the stadium criteria at startup.

How it's fixed now has become an issue for the league.

Any new built commercial facilities need to have a minimum facilities for disabled people to use I.e level access, toilets etc… 

49 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Any new built commercial facilities need to have a minimum facilities for disabled people to use I.e level access, toilets etc… 

Aye but its all well having a toilet far away from the playing surface or level access into a front door, but theres no actual reasonable view for people in wheelchairs. 

55 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Having spent a lot of time in these leisure centre builds the disabled facilities are at a bare minimum and in no way can be deemed acceptable for a paying spectator.

At Kilsyth Sportsfield for the 2 games against Kilsyth Rangers and Clydebank 2 seasons back there was no chance anyone in a wheelchair could have attended either match.

The 'adapted' leisure centres are not intended for any football at any 'professional' level.

When i visited Beechwood for the Cumnock derby a couple weeks ago I was surprised how many wheelchair users were in the stand.  I found that great that they obviously have good facilities to cater for all supporters.   Probably in the WoS that ground has been the most wheelchair users I’ve seen.   I have not recalled seeing a great deal of wheelchair users at many other grounds or certainly not as much as that game.   I would like to think all teams are welcoming and can fully accommodate all fans.     

9 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

When i visited Beechwood for the Cumnock derby a couple weeks ago I was surprised how many wheelchair users were in the stand.  I found that great that they obviously have good facilities to cater for all supporters.   Probably in the WoS that ground has been the most wheelchair users I’ve seen.   I have not recalled seeing a great deal of wheelchair users at many other grounds or certainly not as much as that game.   I would like to think all teams are welcoming and can fully accommodate all fans.     

I have been to Meadow Park, home of Threave Rovers, with a wheelchair user. Easy access into ground, access into social club and a choice of suitable viewing areas around the ground.

Also been with a wheelchair user to the Synergy in Kilmarnock, St.Mary's in Kirkcudbright and Blairmount Park in Newton Stewart. Not as good as Meadow Park, but perfectly acceptable for my companion.

Sure its probably on the forums somewhere but haven't found anything about it but as Clydebank have their SFA license, si there any reason why Yoker not thought about applying as they share the stadium so they meet all that criteria in that respect?  As they do not have a license, what are they still missing as I'm sure Clydebank would help them out?.  If they received their license it would make them nearly about £2000 minimum each year, every time they participated in the Scottish cup

🤣  am I annoying you park ranger, you old junior supporter you 🤣🤣

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sure its probably on the forums somewhere but haven't found anything about it but as Clydebank have their SFA license, si there any reason why Yoker not thought about applying as they share the stadium so they meet all that criteria in that respect?  As they do not have a license, what are they still missing as I'm sure Clydebank would help them out?.  If they received their license it would make them nearly about £2000 minimum each year, every time they participated in the Scottish cup

More to it than just the ground, I know slightly different as St Cadocs are only tenants at Benburb so unsure how that would work for them either. 

Yes agreed we know its a lot more to it than ground, I'm sure they need a U20s, which I think they have?
Obviously the rules to be licensed have changed since a few years ago and always will change but Yoker are in a way better situation than most in getting their license but as the ground is shared tenants I'm sure its paper work thats outstanding and following a few rules and all is needed is getting help from other SFA license holders including Clydebank.   

Anyone any idea?

Ground facilities are only a small part of the requirements for Scottish FA licensing. There is a multitude of training courses and qualifications required by certain members of staff, all of which has to be constantly kept up-to-date, and perhaps Yoker don't have the committee manpower to do that, I'm speculating. It takes a lot of time and commitment, Glencairn have a committee of 10 and every single one of them contributes to the requirements of licensing, some in a small way and some in a very big way. The coaching staff also have to have and maintain a certain level of coaching qualifications, there are PVGs involved, first aid courses, Local Authority certifications, self-assessments, disability assessments (unique to individual clubs, cannot be shared) and lots lots more.

Licensing is a big commitment for a club, the benefits of it are undoubted, but you need to have everyone in the club fully committed to it and one person in particular to co-ordinate it.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Ground facilities are only a small part of the requirements for Scottish FA licensing. There is a multitude of training courses and qualifications required by certain members of staff, all of which has to be constantly kept up-to-date, and perhaps Yoker don't have the committee manpower to do that, I'm speculating. It takes a lot of time and commitment, Glencairn have a committee of 10 and every single one of them contributes to the requirements of licensing, some in a small way and some in a very big way. The coaching staff also have to have and maintain a certain level of coaching qualifications, there are PVGs involved, first aid courses, Local Authority certifications, self-assessments, disability assessments (unique to individual clubs, cannot be shared) and lots lots more.

Licensing is a big commitment for a club, the benefits of it are undoubted, but you need to have everyone in the club fully committed to it and one person in particular to co-ordinate it.

Think lack of people is probably the case with Yoker. Would be great if they could eventually go for it.

Edited by clansman

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

You don't even need to have your own home ground, you just need to play somewhere that meets the standard requirement.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

You don't even need to have your own home ground, you just need to play somewhere that meets the standard requirement.

Correct, e.g. Broomhill, Clyde, Glasgow University.

2 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

For someone so 'intelligent' he sure as heck knows very little and it shows up time and time again. 

A one man 🤡show 

Well there no point asking you wee man, you just  angry and red dot  🤣🤣

Opps i forgot something

NEXTTTTTTTTT 🥳

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

Kinda miss the old Bobby Murdoch world class style deflection of "time will tell" 😀

Think Broomhill will be a cpl of years, they may escape this year but next after will be close.  Clyde, yeeha I think we will have to wait a while

But games of Clydebank v Clyde, Pollok v Broomhill, Talbot v Clyde will be enjoyable to watch for a (we knew they wouldn't last long in the higher leagues scenario)