Tea or Coffee

Tea or coffee  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Definitely not. Couldn't tell an assam from a lapsang souchon and have no idea of the optimum brewing time for all the different colours. Plus i quite like tetley. 

I do like a variety of flavours in my life though. And since i stopped drinking i'll have a lemon and ginger after dinner instead of a large leffe blonde and a quadruple talisker. Mmmm..... Alcohol.... 

Several years ago the wife and I did the Talisker tour, bought a bottle then walked down to The Bay for a dram.

Great times.  Wasn’t brave enough to try a quadruple though.

1 hour ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Several years ago the wife and I did the Talisker tour, bought a bottle then walked down to The Bay for a dram.

Great times.  Wasn’t brave enough to try a quadruple though.

I don't like 'drinking' whisky but love a good, proper dram or 2 of something tasty once in a while. Talisker ticks that particular box, rocket fuel but lovely in small doses. Only got as far as the triple but know I know there's a quad out there, it's on my wishlist 

Posted (edited)

Enormous mug of black tea in the morning. I prefer coffee nowadays, but I can't drink it on an empty stomach, so it's tea first thing, and then I'll usually have a mug or two of strong, black filter coffee during the day or after an evening meal. I don't enjoy instant, and would rather just have another cup of tea than instant coffee.

I used to be a swine for getting through 3 or 4 cans of regular Coca-Cola in a working day, but I never once drank a cup of tea or coffee in the office. The bit that annoyed me was the wifey who used to stand and give me grief about the sugar content who had previously confessed that she got through 30-35 cups of instant coffee A DAY. I have never seen anything like it before or since. The woman was never spotted without a mug or a cup in her hand, but felt perfectly entitled to lecture other people about their soft-drink habits.

Edited by Boo Khaki