Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

10 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Welcome to the madhouse Alan.

Good luck. You'll need it.

How dare you sir. We're living the new regime dream. Such ingratitude.

On 31/05/2024 at 22:57, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He'll have plenty if time now for enrolling at a grammar course. 

The correct preposition depends on what follows the word “enroll.” When you sign up for a course or class, use “in.” For example, “I enrolled in an English class.”

Welcome to Forthbank Alan Maybury....you will have my full support on what has been a shambolic process 

From sacking DY (too hasty)

Dick Campbell saga

The brain's trust remit committee of Bone...Jefferies...Biden...& Curtis via Starbucks drawing up a shortlist & we know how that turned out 

Tiff offered the job despite no vast SPFL experience & taking Kilwinning from 6th tier down to the 7th tier....after tabloid leaks & supporters unrest the offer retracted...poor behaviour from the club & Tiff didn't deserve that treatment...

So we go back & grovel to Alan Maybury & with acceptance we have at least a manager in place....

Still no doctor or physio 

Backroom staff or Kitman 

Not even close to 11 signed players..

What a task you have ahead of you,, support from the fans will be vital as we are in serious trouble just now,, i just hope that we can survive this upcoming season 

As for the board & the trust...... absolute zero confidence in them... the silence isn't a solution & hiding isn't the answer....questions need asked & people need to be accountable.... changes are needed from the top.... we are so far behind & detached from the supporters not just in the media, website, they just don't engage with us, time & time again it's empty promises, enough is enough 

Of course i will renew my season ticket, my love for the bino's hasn't & wouldn't change..... but no more trust membership ..no more boardroom lies... yoy treat us like fools...we need transparency 

Posted (edited)

I think you have said it all @Beepee67, well said.

However, I like to put myself into other people's shoes and if I was Maybury, I would be looking at everything above (with regards to Coaching and Playing staff) as a positive and I would relish it. He basically has a blank canvas to work with. He has quite possibly the leagues best Goalkeeper in the door, and a Striker that pretty much every club in this league would want and, someone you know if you can get the balls too in the right areas, will score regularly. That's 2 huge plus points that a lot of managers coming in to these squads won't have. He also has a very capable player in Crane to work with, and hopefully a rejuvenated Davidson who (I assume) will be itching to get back amongst it after a horrendous season with injury and will be out to enjoy his football again and show what he can do. You've also got Hilson & Milne, 2 players that under-performed last season and who will know themselves that they didn't hit the levels that they were probably expecting themselves, but it's a clean slate and it's time to go again. Knuckle down, they both have the ability to go on and have a right good season and play a huge part in it. I never got the impression from anyone at the club that any of these players were "bad eggs", so plenty of positives for Maybury to take from that. Then finally McKinley, an unknown quantity at this level but with an impressive scoring record in the Lowland League who will be eager to go and prove himself, can he or will he, I don't know but I doubt there will be much risk in him so lets find out.

Then, well I'm not sure from the out of contract players who will want to realistically stay and who won't have good offers from elsewhere, so I'll not go too much into that, but if he can maybe even get 2 or 3 of them to remain, then we're actually starting to look like a half decent squad, and he'll have hit contacts, targets and "I'll take a pop on him" lists and can do whatever he wants. If it was me, I'd sooner have that than walk into a club and be told "that's what you have to work with and that's it".

As for Coaches, Kitman etc etc, then he can bring in his own people again. Nothing has been said about Bud, so I'm assuming we still have a GK Coach but if not then he'll have his own people that he'll want to work with anyway, it's just getting the contracts done etc etc. Again, if it was me and then I'd want an Assistant and Coaches that I knew and could rely on.

As for Doctors, Physios and Kitman, he might have contacts, if not then it's the job of other people to fill those roles anyway is it not?? We have an abundance of physios across Central Scotland, it shouldn't be too difficult to find one willing to make an extra couple of quid via professional football and a Kitman, again, someone must know someone, if not then why not advertise the position and see who comes forward. I'm sure someone will, had I been in a different stage of my life then it's something I would consider.

It's easy to look at the negatives but without knowing AM, I can bet you he is not looking at that. He'll look at this as a huge opportunity to make his mark on a club and get it right and he'll back himself for doing it.

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

Welcome to Forthbank Alan Maybury....you will have my full support on what has been a shambolic process 

From sacking DY (too hasty)

Dick Campbell saga

The brain's trust remit committee of Bone...Jefferies...Biden...& Curtis via Starbucks drawing up a shortlist & we know how that turned out 

Tiff offered the job despite no vast SPFL experience & taking Kilwinning from 6th tier down to the 7th tier....after tabloid leaks & supporters unrest the offer retracted...poor behaviour from the club & Tiff didn't deserve that treatment...

So we go back & grovel to Alan Maybury & with acceptance we have at least a manager in place....

Still no doctor or physio 

Backroom staff or Kitman 

Not even close to 11 signed players..

What a task you have ahead of you,, support from the fans will be vital as we are in serious trouble just now,, i just hope that we can survive this upcoming season 

As for the board & the trust...... absolute zero confidence in them... the silence isn't a solution & hiding isn't the answer....questions need asked & people need to be accountable.... changes are needed from the top.... we are so far behind & detached from the supporters not just in the media, website, they just don't engage with us, time & time again it's empty promises, enough is enough 

Of course i will renew my season ticket, my love for the bino's hasn't & wouldn't change..... but no more trust membership ..no more boardroom lies... yoy treat us like fools...we need transparency 

Morning Beepee.  I'll back the manager too. I won't back or forgive his new employers.  No apology to the fans. No apology to Tiff, just the spin doctors dodging and weaving. 

"As part  of those discussions matters came to light that meant we were unable to continue with his application."

Aye?  Really? Right? Aye?  Did they, did they? We did then we did'ny.  What matters might those be eh eh?

The glowing tribute to Alan's CV reads just fine.  A pity it begs the obvious question, why didn't you offer him the job first then?

Correct Beepee, they treat fans like fools.  This is a football club not a political party branch. They don't trust the exec they appointed to pick a manager.  Instead, anybody who applies has to survive THREE committees including the one they didn't trust with the decision in the first place. They call that better governance.  I call that the conception of a lunatic. 

Two years ago we were told this and I quote.  "We are here to represent the interests of the club's owners, the shareholders."   Not the membership, the shareholders. That's a small club and we ain't in it. Two years later. Under fire and trust members noticing their nuts are missing, they come out with this.  "We represent the owners of the club, the trust membership."   Woohoo, your nuts are back!  Can't you see them dragging on the floor?  You can trust us.   No I don't.  Just fix your mess and cut the crap!

21 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I think you have said it all @Beepee67, well said.

However, I like to put myself into other people's shoes and if I was Maybury, I would be looking at everything above (with regards to Coaching and Playing staff) as a positive and I would relish it. He basically has a blank canvas to work with. He has quite possibly the leagues best Goalkeeper in the door, and a Striker that pretty much every club in this league would want and, someone you know if you can get the balls too in the right areas, will score regularly. That's 2 huge plus points that a lot of managers coming in to these squads won't have. He also has a very capable player in Crane to work with, and hopefully a rejuvenated Davidson who (I assume) will be itching to get back amongst it after a horrendous season with injury and will be out to enjoy his football again and show what he can do. You've also got Hilson & Milne, 2 players that under-performed last season and who will know themselves that they didn't hit the levels that they were probably expecting themselves, but it's a clean slate and it's time to go again. Knuckle down, they both have the ability to go on and have a right good season and play a huge part in it. I never got the impression from anyone at the club that any of these players were "bad eggs", so plenty of positives for Maybury to take from that. Then finally McKinley, an unknown quantity at this level but with an impressive scoring record in the Lowland League who will be eager to go and prove himself, can he or will he, I don't know but I doubt there will be much risk in him so lets find out.

Then, well I'm not sure from the out of contract players who will want to realistically stay and who won't have good offers from elsewhere, so I'll not go too much into that, but if he can maybe even get 2 or 3 of them to remain, then we're actually starting to look like a half decent squad, and he'll have hit contacts, targets and "I'll take a pop on him" lists and can do whatever he wants. If it was me, I'd sooner have that than walk into a club and be told "that's what you have to work with and that's it".

As for Coaches, Kitman etc etc, then he can bring in his own people again. Nothing has been said about Bud, so I'm assuming we still have a GK Coach but if not then he'll have his own people that he'll want to work with anyway, it's just getting the contracts done etc etc. Again, if it was me and then I'd want an Assistant and Coaches that I knew and could rely on.

As for Doctors, Physios and Kitman, he might have contacts, if not then it's the job of other people to fill those roles anyway is it not?? We have an abundance of physios across Central Scotland, it shouldn't be too difficult to find one willing to make an extra couple of quid via professional football and a Kitman, again, someone must know someone, if not then why not advertise the position and see who comes forward. I'm sure someone will, had I been in a different stage of my life then it's something I would consider.

It's easy to look at the negatives but without knowing AM, I can bet you he is not looking at that. He'll look at this as a huge opportunity to make his mark on a club and get it right and he'll back himself for doing it.

I don't think it's as rosy as that buddy, but Ill support the manager in his efforts to make it rosy.

2 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Morning Beepee.  I'll back the manager too. I won't back or forgive his new employers.  No apology to the fans. No apology to Tiff, just the spin doctors dodging and weaving. 

"As part  of those discussions matters came to light that meant we were unable to continue with his application."

Aye?  Really? Right? Aye?  Did they, did they? We did then we did'ny.  What matters might those be eh eh?

The glowing tribute to Alan's CV reads just fine.  A pity it begs the obvious question, why didn't you offer him the job first then?

Correct Beepee, they treat fans like fools.  This is a football club not a political party branch. They don't trust the exec they appointed to pick a manager.  Instead, anybody who applies has to survive THREE committees including the one they didn't trust with the decision in the first place. They call that better governance.  I call that the conception of a lunatic. 

Two years ago we were told this and I quote.  "We are here to represent the interests of the club's owners, the shareholders."   Not the membership, the shareholders. That's a small club and we ain't in it. Two years later. Under fire and trust members noticing their nuts are missing, they come out with this.  "We represent the owners of the club, the trust membership."   Woohoo, your nuts are back!  Can't you see them dragging on the floor?  You can trust us.   No I don't.  Just fix your mess and cut the crap!

@WC Boggs well put & in 100% agreement 

You probably know my positivity is one of my biggest strengths however it can also be one of my biggest weaknesses & last season left me shattered....a real low how we whimpered down into this division (no disrespect)

But what has followed on from the final whistle beggars belief & I'm so angry with the patrons of OUR club...ridiculing us in the football circles,  loss of respect from the players, fans & enough is enough...the lies & spin is sickening 

Hence the anger towards this board,the trust committee, officials, it's gone to far 

Like you put across so well....Why wasn't Alan Maybury 1st choice then...yip they are hiding behind the lies & hoping the silence will also silence the supporters 

I really am happy we have Alan Maybury & again really like the reply post by @BB_Bino... it's definitely a blank canvas & I'm sure that he will give 100% &have a great desire for success...absolutely agree that we have a few players he will relish working with.... my only concern is these idiots up top Yes. No...him...her...this...that... hot air merchants don't scupper or handcuff his idea's & hide behind silence 

No more of it...enough is enough...we need transparency here & we need to support our new manager 💪

28 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

we need transparency 

Sorry Beepee but you won't get it.  Like accountability, that was just a tune from the pied piper.  Non stop for 6 years, until finally Captain Ahab got his whale.  Now you have an non accountable board, with all the transparency of a lead sheet window.  Do you hear a peep about accountability or transparency from the revolutionary guard?  Even the mildest naughty naughty boys and girls?  

No failure can be admitted, no mistake acknowledged.  The business plan, where is it?  The mindset is stuck in we must get a better manager than Stuart Brown.  A  super duper website better than Stuart Brown. Everything has to show everybody how much better they are than Stuart Brown, or there might be a counter revolution.  The truth is they never had to be better. There is no and won't be any counter revolution.  All they had to do was be competent.  Respect the fans who's club is in their hands.  They couldn't even do that.