Cambuslang Rangers future

5 hours ago, TediousTom said:

The pitch should have been in great condition.   When I visited to watch the Burgh (earlier in the season right enough) the grass hadn't been cut!

The ground needs work but I like it.  These old grounds have character and I would rather watch football in a ground like that than (say) the Donald Dewar Centre or at Ashfield.

Not that anyone asked but the ground that I liked the best this season was K park.  The variety of grounds at this level is awesome...we need to preserve them!  

There's quite a bit of difference between "an old ground with character" and what you now have at Somervell.

On 25/05/2024 at 08:19, glensmad said:

Doesn’t really do irony does he? Wasn’t long ago he was chucking money at Cambuslang.

Can’t help but feel he is getting excuses in already for next season. 

16 hours ago, cultured_left_foot said:

Doesn’t really do irony does he? Wasn’t long ago he was chucking money at Cambuslang.

Can’t help but feel he is getting excuses in already for next season. 

Chucking money is one way of putting it.

11 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Never been to Gasworks Park then; seen virtually a full band at a game there. Think there was a wee parade that morning in the town.

Could be anywhere in the Central Belt where the banjo players dwell 😀😀😀

On 27/05/2024 at 01:45, PossilYM said:

Chucking money is one way of putting it.

Looks like he is staying.... Reaction to Cambuslang Rangers " Future" he says Stories are 

made up.... Legends game this weekend and he is looking to make two grand.... Unbelievable Jeff.

7 hours ago, coach said:

Looks like he is staying.... Reaction to Cambuslang Rangers " Future" he says Stories are 

made up.... Legends game this weekend and he is looking to make two grand.... Unbelievable Jeff.

iv been to a couple of Legends games up at Somervell and they usually pull a decent crowd. £10 a head for adults is only a couple of hundred to give them the couple of grand they are looking for. 

Weather is supposed to be cracking so I can see a lot heading down for the day out with no other football on 

Always enjoy going to Cambuslang, clubhouse & old fashioned ground. Loads of clubs struggle to get help - come on locals/fans pull your fingers out - club owners start replying to texts, emails etc - sounds like they dont. PS Arent there any 'pitch maintenance' firms who could help ?