The Dons vs Livi - GoTW (Game of the week)

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

Obviously won't get ahead of myself but Fletcher Boyd has put himself in with a chance of the Scotland squad.

Fatboy forehead has had his chance and failed miserably, let’s be honest. 

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

That late St Johnstone goal is a disaster for Aberdeen.

County having something to play for could be the spanner in your Top 7 hopes.

Reckon you could make your joke a few more times before your minder comes to tuck you in and turn out the lights?

41 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

324.jpeg

50 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Over the last 10 games Hearts are mid table.

A more familiar place for you lot!

Obviously can't read too much into it, but I did think we were very good for most of the night and it's always great to win by that sort of scoreline. Polvara and Shinnie completely dominated the middle of the park, especially after we went behind, and really pleased to see them both get goals. Shinnie in particular played with a real point to prove. A special mention for Hoilett with two goals and two assists - his set pieces would have been such a big help earlier in the season when we were toiling against low-blocks in open play. He has just about made the Neil Warnock Experience worth it after all. 

Stayed for Jonny's little guard of honour at the tunnel, and glad to see him get such a warm send off. One of my favourite Aberdeen players since I started going in the early noughties, and seems like such a sound bloke too. Such a #classytouch from Shinnie too with the armband. 

I don't think Leven is going to be hanging around for long, unfortunately - the team that takes a gamble on him will be getting a pretty astute manager, I think. 

22 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Over the last 10 games Hearts are mid table.

A more familiar place for you lot!

Then again, we've not exclusively been playing the worst teams in the league in that period.

17 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Then again, we've not exclusively been playing the worst teams in the league in that period.

Neither have we.

We also gave a good account of ourselves against the best team in Scotland in the semi final.

Your team however did your usual capitulation to Naismith/Shanklands favourite team

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good performance tonight but think we can all agree that 47 points and -4 goal difference is an embarrassing tally for any serious Scottish top flight side. 

I see what did there, buddy.

A most enjoyable evening’s entertainment. Just a pity that a shit VAR recommendation and the referee changing his mind has spoilt our clean sheet record. Lovely moment being right behind Fletcher Boyd’s shot for his first senior Pittodrie goal.

Our Under-18s play European football next season.

However, would it be any worse for the coefficient sticking them in the Conference Group stage instead of watching Hearts get hounded by 4 goals any time they face a semi-decent side?

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Neither have we.

We also gave a good account of ourselves against the best team in Scotland in the semi final.

Your team however did your usual capitulation to Naismith/Shanklands favourite team

7 of the games were against the bottom 5. The other 3 were against St Mirren and Dundee x2, where you took 1 point from a possible 9.

Well done for giving a good account of yourselves against Celtic, a team we have beaten twice this season.