Ross County v Aberdeen (Sun 19th May)

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Zero chance Ross County lose this. None.

They'll be about 4 up by half time then both sides can play keep ball for 45 minutes.

You must have missed us obliterating everything before us in the last few weeks. Not to mention Fletcher Boyd has possibly/probably the best strike rate in Europe right now.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

You must have missed us obliterating everything before us in the last few weeks. Not to mention Fletcher Boyd has possibly/probably the best strike rate in Europe right now.

He's shite and over rated, be playing for Whitehill Welfare in a few years. Zero chance he scores, zero chance Aberdeen win.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Same with Miovski tbh, over rated and shite. Be stunned if he's able to score a hat trick tomorrow.

I wonder if Ruby will get the nod for this one. He enjoys the physicality that County will offer.

To be honest I’m hoping St Johnstone go down with Livi, given the turgid football they offer. The only bad thing would be Raith also having a plastic pitch. Hopefully the rules change and they are asked to replace it.

I think every time we've played Aberdeen this season they've been "there for the taking", and have demolished us... Maybe it works the other way, too - I.e., when everyone least expects it, we suddenly take them? Probably not, but who knows?

My actual prediction for the day is every corner of Victoria Park will be rocking, when Motherwell go 2-0 up and Aberdeen 3-0 up all within the first 15 minutes. It'll be raucous, glorious... The sun will be shining.

87th minute, Aberdeen now 5-0 and still the whole stadium in party mode... But then St Johnstone pull one back.

97th minute, St Johnstone equaliser...

Problem is, I don't know how it ends...,

1 hour ago, The Great Stagsby said:

I think every time we've played Aberdeen this season they've been "there for the taking", and have demolished us... Maybe it works the other way, too - I.e., when everyone least expects it, we suddenly take them? Probably not, but who knows?

My actual prediction for the day is every corner of Victoria Park will be rocking, when Motherwell go 2-0 up and Aberdeen 3-0 up all within the first 15 minutes. It'll be raucous, glorious... The sun will be shining.

87th minute, Aberdeen now 5-0 and still the whole stadium in party mode... But then St Johnstone pull one back.

97th minute, St Johnstone equaliser...

Problem is, I don't know how it ends...,

Yes, I think it will be a loooooong afternoon one way or another…

5 hours ago, Don exotic said:

I wonder if Ruby will get the nod for this one. He enjoys the physicality that County will offer.

To be honest I’m hoping St Johnstone go down with Livi, given the turgid football they offer. The only bad thing would be Raith also having a plastic pitch. Hopefully the rules change and they are asked to replace it.

I do wonder if Ruby is off. I'd have expected him to be back in the team by now.

The rumours of why he wanted away previously were so ridiculous that they were believable.

He was told, allegedly, to calm down on the gym work so started frequenting city centre gyms instead of using the facilities at Cormack 🤣

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

I do wonder if Ruby is off. I'd have expected him to be back in the team by now.

The rumours of why he wanted away previously were so ridiculous that they were believable.

He was told, allegedly, to calm down on the gym work so started frequenting city centre gyms instead of using the facilities at Cormack 🤣

Do they do a Ruby’s Tuesday weight session at the warehouse gym now? He needs to keep up the neck strength for heading the ball and small strikers.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Surely it's more likely that Gartenmann and MacDonald has been working broadly quite well for us and there will have been a reticence to break that up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rubezic and possibly Jensen tomorrow, though. 

57 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Surely it's more likely that Gartenmann and MacDonald has been working broadly quite well for us and there will have been a reticence to break that up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rubezic and possibly Jensen tomorrow, though. 

Possibly.

There was such a a fuss made about him being out that I'd have expected him to play on Wed when there was loads of changes though.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think we are testing a few of the players out playing in Thelin formations. I don’t disagree that they are our best pairing, but wonder if Ruby will get a run out, as he has matched up well against county previously as well.

I also wonder if Bojan will be left out as he will likely be on his way. So we won’t want him injured and playing him is unlikely to inform next season. It would be a shame not to see if he can add to his goal tally though.

An update from Spain. Still no mass excitement among the locals re County's fight to avoid the play offs. Juan, the barman, says it is a difficult position. He would love to rejoice in Caley 's relegation but feels that the Staggies could still balls it up tomorrow. I said shut up Juan and pour me a cerveza. 

16 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

An update from Spain. Still no mass excitement among the locals re County's fight to avoid the play offs. Juan, the barman, says it is a difficult position. He would love to rejoice in Caley 's relegation but feels that the Staggies could still balls it up tomorrow. I said shut up Juan and pour me a cerveza. 

Was Juan a loan signing under Derek Adams?

9 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Why would he be back sooner? He’s clearly not part of by far the best defensive back 4 we have. 

10 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Why would he be back sooner? He’s clearly not part of by far the best defensive back 4 we have. 

1. He is.

2. One of the current centre halves won't be here after the summer.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

1. He is.

2. One of the current centre halves won't be here after the summer.

Is he? The defence that has the record in the whole league this season for most minutes without conceding? 
Eh, he isn’t. 
He’s big, yip,, and likes a header, yip.

Good? Not yet. 
Sounds like this is a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

Also, how do you know Thelin doesn’t want Gartenman? He wasn’t impressing me until recently but he has been a lot better recently. 

Edited by 1GregStewart