Clyde FC Season 24/25

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Other than Rico Quitongo briefly who was our last proper left back? Please just sign one. 

Clyde have, without doubt, had the longest run of completely inept left backs for quite some time. My last memories of Broadwood seem to be watching Mark Docherty in at left back being outpaced but anyone making any sort of movement with their legs. 

Last season possibly a highlight for the sheer number of players to have graced left back. (Edit - last season as in 22/23. This time of year always throws me)

Edited by PTR

34 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Was the wee guy Rodden we signed from The Shire not a left back?

I wonder what went on there. Not saying he was great, but he certainly was not worse than Jon Craig without anything like the game time. I wonder if Jon Craig had a loan agreement that he had to play.

Edited by PTR
Edited horrendous typos which made it unreadable

1 hour ago, HaleyReinhart said:

Adam Livingstone? Know he wasn't fantastic but wasn't bad at all. 

Totally forgot about him, I thought he was pretty decent.

Theres not been many in the last few years clearly! 

I actually felt Craig was passable, or as much as it was possible to be in that team, during our League One relegation season and I didn’t hate us signing him permanently, but he had a scarily awful drop off last season. Rodden and Nyamsi-Hendji were hilarious bad as well. Our best left-back that season was probably Paul Kennedy, given Quitongo hardly played, and even then he was a centre-midfielder and not very good. Pleased to see Quitongo had a good season as his injury was horrible to see live.

Jordan Stewart was absolutely fine until he lost his place to McNiff in the goalscoring form of his life. Certainly an improvement on almost anything we signed the season after. Liam Allison :lol:Livingstone was passable during both spells but he never convinced me fully, especially defensively. Docherty would have been a good signing had we signed him five years previously and you could see that he knew what he was doing. Age had definitely caught up with him though.

Scott Linton was magnificent and I miss him so much.

A few truly woeful names in there. Any serviceable left-back would have me delighted. Serviceable is often all you need at this level.

Edited by Replays

2 hours ago, Replays said:

I actually felt Craig was passable, or as much as it was possible to be in that team, during our League One relegation season and I didn’t hate us signing him permanently, but he had a scarily awful drop off last season. Rodden and Nyamsi-Hendji were hilarious bad as well. Our best left-back that season was probably Paul Kennedy, given Quitongo hardly played, and even then he was a centre-midfielder and not very good. Pleased to see Quitongo had a good season as his injury was horrible to see live.

Jordan Stewart was absolutely fine until he lost his place to McNiff in the goalscoring form of his life. Certainly an improvement on almost anything we signed the season after. Liam Allison :lol:Livingstone was passable during both spells but he never convinced me fully, especially defensively. Docherty would have been a good signing had we signed him five years previously and you could see that he knew what he was doing. Age had definitely caught up with him though.

Scott Linton was magnificent and I miss him so much.

A few truly woeful names in there. Any serviceable left-back would have me delighted. Serviceable is often all you need at this level.

The fact you’re saying Paul Kennedy was our best left back that season shows how shocking our choices in that position were!

On 13/06/2024 at 16:43, SLClyde said:

Other than Rico Quitongo briefly who was our last proper left back? Please just sign one. 

yeah ottoo, laswheret known at ek, no idea where he is now