Clyde FC Season 24/25

Posted (edited)

That squad is looking incredibly healthy for a League 2 season. 20 signed so far, no loans.

Worth noting that Peter Grant and Josh McCulloch have been removed from the website too.

Goalkeepers

1 - Brian Kinnear

12 - Jay Kennedy

Defenders

2 - Jordan Houston

3 - Tommy Robson

4 - Lee Hamilton

5 - Craig Howie

14 - Paul McKay

15 - Logan Dunachie

24 - Ross Lyon

Midfielders

6 - Barry Cuddihy

7 - Liam Scullion

8 - Ray Grant

18 - Robbie Leitch

20 - Darren Lyon

22 - Dominic Docherty

23 - Darren Hynes

Forwards

10 - Martin Rennie

11 - Marley Redfern

16 - Kyle Connell

29 - Lee Connolly

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Still think there’s room for Nacho Buffalo Allan 1872 if he/Falkirk fancy it. The comment about “playing anywhere along the front line” has me thinking we don’t see him as an out-and-out centre forward. If Allan did sign, we must go down as one of the smallest teams seen at this level though.

6 minutes ago, CM. said:

Another good signing. Heard he was EK bound aswell a bit of an out the blue one. 

I'd more rule out a Kabia return than an Allan one based on this signing. Connelly perhaps can play more centrally as well as wide but don't think he's an out and out 9.

Always good to get one over on that banger Mick Kennedy.

If his head is screwed on right, that's a stonking signing. With no offence to Jordan Allan, Connolly is capable of playing at a much higher level.

I personally think maybe this is something approaching our strongest team currently. Despite the amount of signings, I still think we need a real defensive-minded midfielder and a centre forward. I'm aware I'm acting like a spoiled little b*****d though, because the squad is looking very decent, especially given the fact that we've no loans in yet.                

- Kinnear - 

- Houston - Howie - Hamilton - Robson - 

- D. Lyon - Docherty - Scullion -

- Redfern - Connell - Connolly -

Subs: Kennedy; McKay, Dunachie, R. Lyon; Cuddihy, Grant, Leitch, Hynes; Rennie

9 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I personally think maybe this is something approaching our strongest team currently. Despite the amount of signings, I still think we need a real defensive-minded midfielder and a centre forward. I'm aware I'm acting like a spoiled little b*****d though, because the squad is looking very decent, especially given the fact that we've no loans in yet.                

- Kinnear - 

- Houston - Howie - Hamilton - Robson - 

- D. Lyon - Docherty - Scullion -

- Redfern - Connell - Connolly -

Subs: Kennedy; McKay, Dunachie, R. Lyon; Cuddihy, Grant, Leitch, Hynes; Rennie

I get the holding midfielder shout but it's a job both Howie and McKay have done in the past. Could see either of them slot in there. 

12 minutes ago, HaleyReinhart said:

I get the holding midfielder shout but it's a job both Howie and McKay have done in the past. Could see either of them slot in there. 

Look, I'm not used to having nothing to complain about.

Seemingly he has a bit of an attitude problem, according to a mate who supports QoS. I’m sure McCall and Maitland will have that knocked out him soon enough. 

Just present us with the trophy at the Stranraer home game on the 10th. 

Hopefully JA is to be announced later tonight as dont get him updating his Insta profile if he isnt signing.

After that would be pretty happy with squad together with the expected 4 or 5 loans of younger SPFL players hopefully 2 of which will be out and out wingers

I fully expect Clyde to sword their way to the title this season,  looks to have built a decent squad,  Connell and Connolly up front should score plenty and with Jordan Allans return the worst kept secret in the lower leagues,  

Get someone on the end of Paul MacKays numerous long throws and the title is yours .

4 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Are we still training over at Stenhousemuir this coming season?

Don’t know if it’s for the season but we’ve been training at the West of Scotland Rugby Club in Milngavie. 

25 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Hopefully JA is to be announced later tonight as dont get him updating his Insta profile if he isnt signing.

After that would be pretty happy with squad together with the expected 4 or 5 loans of younger SPFL players hopefully 2 of which will be out and out wingers

Apparently didn't attend Falkirks open day yesterday, same day he changed his picture so keeping the fingers crossed. 

If he keeps his head in check, then that's an even better signing than Allan. McCall won't take any shite so hopefully we can see the best of him. Allan now would be the cherry on top but goodness knows how much we've already spent on this lot. If this group can't win League Two by a few lengths then it's time to pack up the circus and head home.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

I fully expect Clyde to sword their way to the title this season,  looks to have built a decent squad,  Connell and Connolly up front should score plenty and with Jordan Allans return the worst kept secret in the lower leagues,  

Get someone on the end of Paul MacKays numerous long throws and the title is yours .

The long throws were being slung in by Connell in Dumfries, rather than McKay. Given we were doing it last season without having someone who can do a long throw, it's obviously a tactic McCall likes.