Clyde FC Season 24/25

Just now, Bullyweeno1 said:

Prepare to be shocked

Doubt we will get anything tomorrow or against Thistle on Tuesday (big step up on Edinburgh City)

I tend to agree but it will also depend on the strength of squad both teams field. If Motherwell opt to field a team of fringe/reserve players I'd say we definitely have a reasonable chance of getting something out of the match.

I expect Thistle to field a strong/first team though...to get it right up McCall if nothing else. 

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Going to be fascinating to see how we manage to balls this up. 

We will definitely finish in top 4 and should with the squad win the league

Based on 2nd half of season last year we finished top.

We have kept the core of the last years squad (Kinnear, Howie, Hamilton, Cuddihy, Grant, Scullion, Allan, Rennie), improved the two weak areas in the team at both full backs and have significantly improved what can come off the bench this year

Edited by Bullyweeno1

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

I tend to agree but it will also depend on the strength of squad both teams field. If Motherwell opt to field a team of fringe/reserve players I'd say we definitely have a reasonable chance of getting something out of the match.

I expect Thistle to field a strong/first team though...to get it right up McCall if nothing else. 

Doubt Motherwell will field anything other than full strength team as

1. It is a cup competition and money in it to progress 

2. They will view games as a competitive way to get up to match fitness against lesser teams 

27 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

We will definitely finish in top 4 and should with the squad win the league

Based on 2nd half of season last year we finished top.

Based on second half of last season,, games 19-36,  you would have finished third.

Peterhead w 6   d  10  l  2  28 pts

Dumbarton w 7  d  6  l  5   27 pts

Clyde w 7    d 5   l 6        26 pts

21 minutes ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

Based on second half of last season,, games 19-36,  you would have finished third.

Peterhead w 6   d  10  l  2  28 pts

Dumbarton w 7  d  6  l  5   27 pts

Clyde w 7    d 5   l 6        26 pts

Don't you come over here with your 'facts' and 'truth' and 'third'

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Don't you come over here with your 'facts' and 'truth' and 'third'

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story as Donald Trump would say.

I still think we will both finish in the top four and both be promoted as it seems that we are inseparable going back the last few years.

2 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Kettlewell always talks about doing well in the group stage and thinks they should be winning the group, so don’t expect anything other than a full strength side tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Kettlewell always talks about doing well in the group stage and thinks they should be winning the group, so don’t expect anything other than a full strength side tomorrow. 

Which will make it all the better when we pump them. 

Realistically we can't expect to win this (lovely as it would be).  A good showing and no injuries is the priority with anything more a bonus.

Let's not get up ourselves before we have at least earned the right.

18 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I thought Scullion was outstanding this afternoon.  

A completely different side to last year, not just in personnel. Attitude, effort and technique much improved and as for the keeper...apart from the early loss of bearings...he was excellent.

Sadly I think Ross Lyon is out of his depth in this team, and Barry Cuddihy struggled also. 

Logan up front is a revelation and will cause L2 defences a multitude of problems.

Hamilton and McKay together in central defence are superb and the more the first choice side plays together the more they will gell and become an extremely effective unit.

Nothing to convince me we will not win the league this year.

29 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I thought Scullion was outstanding this afternoon.  

I thought he dropped out the game in the middle part of the 2nd half and looked knackered, but equally not a bad performance as such. 

Always just hope it’s not a doing when we play bigger sides, nice to get a goal as well.

How is that referee in the premiership? Good god he was awful. 

Totally agree with one of the guys. Ross Lyon looks like the weakest link. Distribution is poor . He works hard but passing forward is abysmal. Enjoy d lots of it. Speaking to a Motherwell fan after who said that they will probably be near the bottom unless they get some signings in. And what was Rennie not doing with that first fuckin

goal

Worth noting today that 8 of the starting 11 were all at the club at the end of last season. 

Thought we were decent all things considered.

Could spin the game a few ways. Kinnear had some great saves but we also missed a few sitters and I'd like to see the penalty back. 

As expected today.  Even though Motherwell will be bottom half of premier league they are still a few levels above us.

Competed well for most of the game but you could see the legs were done the last 15 mins.  So also good workout

Have watched the last 3 games and not been overly impressed with the new signings other than Houston, McKay and Robson.  Though might be too early to judge 

Thought most of last years team would struggle to start but not so sure now.  Though bench is certainly stronger than last year 

Team to start season in my view

Kinnear

Houston     Howie.          Hamilton.  Robson

Cuddihy.      Grant.       Scullion

Rennie.      Allan.    Dunachie/Connell

3 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Have watched the last 3 games and not been overly impressed with the new signings other than Houston, McKay and Robson.  Though might be too early to judge 

You, my friend are a very harsh judge. Especially after what we've been through in recent years.