Clyde FC Season 24/25

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Hahahaha. 

Had this been last year at the start fair enough (not the abuse but the meltdown) 

Even the 16/17 season...

Even the 12/13 season...

Even the 11/12 season...

Even the 10/11 season...

11 of the last 15 seasons you have been in the lowest tier of Scottish football. 

Coming second bottom 4 times and bottom once in that time. I think you guys need to realize that the world beating times you talk of are no longer Clyde's to have. Live in the present not decades ago. How many stadiums are you through since these times? That will tell you a lot. 

Absolutely not having a go but I've never seen an overreaction like yesterday. It's a team of individuals, McCall is an experienced manager and needs them to gel.

"You're crap and an absolute laughing stock (true). Not saying you're crap and a laughing stock btw"

1 hour ago, MRE1903 said:

In terms of Major Trophies Clyde have 3.. EFFC 4.

It’s shite like this that make Clyde one of the most hated teams in the lowland league.  Machine gun talk from a water pistol.

Please serve me up multiple plates of Clyde fan tears where despite having the biggest budget in the league (AGAIN) they don’t win the league.

Probably be better with a single bowl

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Looks like you guys are having a bit of a mare this season. I'm sure Ayr got hammered by Albion Rovers early doors and we went on to get promoted under McCall so things can still turn around. 

How has Andy Murdoch been? 

Fingers crossed! I mind Thistle looking crap at the beginning of the League 1 covid season too and that ended up alright for them too.

Murdoch has been fine but no better I'd say. Partly a mix of us being too willing to bypass midfield completely when we get the ball and playing beside Ray Grant when we don't. Both playing well enough but I think their strengths are pretty similar.

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

He's not performing in the here and now though is he?....no matter what went on before.....if your reasoning was deployed.....no manager with a reasonable amount of previous success would ever be sacked.

Not really what I said is it. 9 games into this season after the recovery of last and he’s went from a top class manager to “a useless c**t” and being told to “f**k off”. 

Things need to improve soon, we all see that, but the shouts towards him are over the top is my point. 

Been holding back posting as I'm not even sure how I feel about the situation. 

McCall had some really poor results right up until and even after concluding our business in February last season. 

Two games prior to this, there have been mitigating circumstances in the game that have been excusable. Stirling was just one of those days and the red card that turned the game last week is hard to account for. This is whilst acknowledging many mistakes they weeks too. 

Yesterday we really the first result where there were zero excuses. It's the first game I couldn't make this season so only going from the highlights/other comments but the manner of the loss has put mountains of pressure on the next game. 

The result coming before the break can go a couple of ways, 2 weeks to mull on the horsing or two weeks to recover and get ready for a make or break run for McCall. The manner of the defeat I think leaves not getting a performance in the Edinburgh game having the vast majority of fans wanting him out, even if we win. But 3 weeks with only a game against Edinburgh is a real chance to reset and get our shite together.

I'm not McCall out yet but the nature of that yesterday has pushed me way closer than I thought I'd be today. 

55 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Not really what I said is it. 9 games into this season after the recovery of last and he’s went from a top class manager to “a useless c**t” and being told to “f**k off”. 

Things need to improve soon, we all see that, but the shouts towards him are over the top is my point. 

How else do fans vent their justified frustration? It's always been this way. Clyde fans spitting at Craig Brown and Archie Robertson ....it won't change.

22 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Did you go ? If you had I doubt you would be so flippant in your comments. 

This is the shite we got last year when McClean was in charge (Thomson's worst ever decision - which highlights quite how bad it was) "oh he's new give him time"..." early to panic only 5 games in, only the first round of 9" how did that work out? 

Training camp, two coaches, a GK coach, increased budget, "money the likes of which....." .....no settled starting 11 and looking almost disinterested when being interviewed after a hammering like that........what will it take?

Now everyone will let loose with .....what would you do,?what can we do? Get rid, get next years benefactor money in and persuade John Rankin to come over - no new players until Christmas but I bet he'd get. more out of this current squad.

2 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

No I’ve got a young family so can’t commit to away games. 

Even the highlights would demonstrate to you how awful the defending was...our goal...never a penalty. Ball watching, bad decisions , bad tactics....it's a mess allright and I think McCall has either lost them or is about to.

Right now, I’m worried.  Haven’t we learned from last season flittering with relegation.  I think we are better than a few teams but we need to show it. It’s still not nice being down near the bottom as I feel any team who finishes last will find it hard to come back up as the past years have shown us.      
We need to take stock, back the manager or move him on.   

Right now, I can’t even think of solutions but I’m not wanting another season like last, watching us drop n then drop 

Having wasted considerable time and money on going to Forfar and Bonnyrigg to witness the garbage served up, I decided to swerve that yesterday and thank god I did. Think I'd have had an aneurysm watching that from Howie and McKay - absolutely clown car from either or both of them for four of the five goals. Surely, surely that's the straw that breaks the camel's back and we won't see Hamilton at right-back again.

46 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Surely, surely that's the straw that breaks the camel's back and we won't see Hamilton at right-back again.

Weekly musing. 

Since he signed, and bear in mind when he first joined we were a shambles, I make it (only counting league games):

CB

Games: 20 

W: 9

D : 6

L: 5

GC: 22 

GC per game: 1.1

RB

Games: 4

W:0

D:1

L:3

GC: 9

GC per game: 2.25

Edited by HaleyReinhart

5 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Thank god it’s a free week next week. McCall has been well backed but some of them are just not performing at all. There is a lack of physical presence in the team as well. 

I think questions are right to be asked but some of the shouts even a few weeks ago at McCall were mental. Telling him to f**k off and he’s a useless c**t is just stupid. A few months ago he was the best thing that had happened to us for years. Short memories. 

When do they become not "mental" to holler? You said these shouts were weeks ago. It's now incrementally worse, to say 100% worse is insufficient. 

How DOES a team which stepped up its Queensberry rules game from March to May, suddenly and acceptably drop it's standards so badly with no scrutiny? Are you happy to give it December, with the current points exchange rate in the division as it is, after what happened the last two seasons?

8 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

You're a complete clown mate I assure you I'm Shawfield 78 nothing to do with right turn Clyde or Jimmy Choo . FFS you're mental. 

I mean if it looks like pish and smells like pish, it’s probably Jimmy Choo in disguise. You can’t blame me.

1 hour ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

When do they become not "mental" to holler? You said these shouts were weeks ago. It's now incrementally worse, to say 100% worse is insufficient. 

How DOES a team which stepped up its Queensberry rules game from March to May, suddenly and acceptably drop it's standards so badly with no scrutiny? Are you happy to give it December, with the current points exchange rate in the division as it is, after what happened the last two seasons?

What’s maddest about all these comments is that I’ve not seen one person stick up for the team, McCall or the board - in person or online, anywhere. Not calling McCall “a f**king specky c**t” isn’t sticking up for him, you can be worried for the season and critical of his decision making without calling for him to get the tin tack right out the gate.

The start has been a shambles in many ways and I’m far from the managers biggest fan - in fact I’ve been pretty critical of him this season, but what I will say is that it’s maybe a wee bitty premature to give McCall the bullet after 5 league games. However, if we don’t win the 6th, I’ll be as hungry for blood as the rest of you.

East Fife were probably the worst team for us to play at this point, when the team is clearly lacking confidence and direction. It had pumping written all over it from the final whistle at Bonnyrigg last week. Now we have a bit of a reset, and if the issues aren’t addressed after the break then McCall’s future really has to be looked at.

Edited by Brian Carrigan