Clyde FC Season 24/25

11 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I think there was only one person claiming that there was a refereeing conspiracy, they just have about four accounts

You are truly mental. In all seriousness please seek medical advice. Ask you again see you in fan zone for next home game clear this nonsense up once and for all. I will even buy you a fruit shoot to show there's no hard feelings. Deal ?

16 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is the thing - at the moment we're still only five games into the season. The last three games have been an absolute shambles after a decent cup campaign and an unbeaten opening two fixtures.

Things are obviously not 'good' at the moment to put it lightly, considering we were expected to blitz the league, but the week off is coming at a good time and it's a chance to take stock and reset with two home games to follow. Those games after the break are absolutely make or break for the season though and lacklustre results against Edinburgh and Elgin before we play a very strong looking Peterhead make the managers position absolutely untenable, as has previously been said.

It's obviously very difficult to be hopeful, but I am an optimist at my core so I'm not utterly bereft yet. Maybe like, 87% bereft.

Nah you're a nut case. 

2 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

Nah you're a nut case. 

The irony of the posters here diagnosing psychosis from 'parody accounts'- there's a few naughty boys saying something very different here, to what they are saying elsewhere! 

For absolute clarity S78, you and the obvious others will be seen to have been on the right side of history in this instance. The shitshow looks like getting a whole lot shittier. 

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is the thing - at the moment we're still only five games into the season. The last three games have been an absolute shambles after a decent cup campaign and an unbeaten opening two fixtures.

Things are obviously not 'good' at the moment to put it lightly, considering we were expected to blitz the league, but the week off is coming at a good time and it's a chance to take stock and reset with two home games to follow. Those games after the break are absolutely make or break for the season though and lacklustre results against Edinburgh and Elgin before we play a very strong looking Peterhead make the managers position absolutely untenable, as has previously been said.

It's obviously very difficult to be hopeful, but I am an optimist at my core so I'm not utterly bereft yet. Maybe like, 87% bereft.

Definitely agree about the break coming at the right time for us. Gives us a wee bit to calm the head and implement the lessons we've learned so far.

For me, we have to start putting square pegs in square holes. Even if McCall thinks Hamilton is a better RB than Hynes or R. Lyon, look at the absolute state our defence got itself into at any crossed ball second half vs Bonnyrigg and all day on Saturday there. Against East Fife especially, for all they were class, the opportunities for goals 2 and 3 come from inexplicable defensive errors. We need Hamilton in there.

We also need to get the ball on the deck or be playing the ball into space for runners. We do have the option to go long but only when Dunachie is on the pitch. That just isn't Allan or Connell's game and McCall seems to have forgotten Rennie is a striker. When we get the ball down, we actually do play some nice stuff. Even last Saturday, we had a few good passages of play in the first half.

Final lesson, take our chances. Not sure it would have made a huge difference because East Fife were really good, but we should have taken the lead on Saturday. Week before, we should be 2/3 up by HT. Three great opportunities plus umpteen half chances before Stirling get their second and kill things the week before etc. etc. This is where I have the most sympathy with McCall because you can't ask him to account for some of the chances we're blowing week after week.

We do have a good squad but we need to start playing to it's strengths.

In fact right after posting I've just thought of another thing the squad needs to take on board, more from the last two weeks though. If we suffer a setback, just mentally reset. We have absolutely capitulated at the first sign of adversity two weeks on the bounce now. First week were looking completely comfortable up to that point. Second week we were well in the game and, as I said, really should have been in front.

57 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

For absolute clarity S78, you and the obvious others will be seen to have been on the right side of history in this instance. The shitshow looks like getting a whole lot shittier. 

This is absolutely unhinged stuff. 'The right side of history'!!!  NO ONE IS SAYING THINGS ARE FINE! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!

Anyway, the mute function is getting some work out these days.

5 minutes ago, TheClyde1877 said:

Not to state the obvious but this thread is already an utter abomination & it's only just September. Head-losses of epic proportions, folk using burner accounts to reply to their other burner accounts. 

Deary me. 

Who is exactly ? I can assure you I haven't got a burner account can't speak for others mind. Name names if you're going to accuse folk. It's only September indeed it is so we have the ex Vice Chairman ready to reveal stuff that's been going on at the club on the os ,results are dreadful on the park and you can't fathom why folk are annoyed . The club is a mess on and off the park and you're concerned about folk being annoyed and according to you using burner accounts . Who exactly? 

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is absolutely unhinged stuff. 'The right side of history'!!!  NO ONE IS SAYING THINGS ARE FINE! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!

Anyway, the mute function is getting some work out these days.

Mute yourself you pig ignorant f**kwit . Still no reply to my civil offer I made earlier. You certainly are unhinged love .

I should note that I have Shawfield78, JC, RTC and all them foos muted but can see they're replying to me - I'm not reading your comments or engaging from here on out because to be honest, you're just vapid patter vacuums with no idea what you're talking about.

Save yourselves some precious seconds of life and stop, for everyone's sake.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

11 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Who is exactly ? I can assure you I haven't got a burner account can't speak for others mind. Name names if you're going to accuse folk. It's only September indeed it is so we have the ex Vice Chairman ready to reveal stuff that's been going on at the club on the os ,results are dreadful on the park and you can't fathom why folk are annoyed . The club is a mess on and off the park and you're concerned about folk being annoyed and according to you using burner accounts . Who exactly? 

Should you not be more concerned about what's going on and off the park?

23 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I should note that I have Shawfield78, JC, RTC and all them foos muted but can see they're replying to me - I'm not reading your comments or engaging from here on out because to be honest, you're just vapid patter vacuums with no idea what you're talking about.

Why should they stop? What's it to you what they say, or who they talk about? 

You quoted me, and typed "no one is saying things are fine!"......

Yet discussing them not being fine is somehow a problem? I can only imagine that the sort of person who'd not want things discussed might stand to lose something from the discourse. Relevance? Who knows.

Your muted list is full of people far better than you, i almost feel left out. 

43 minutes ago, TheClyde1877 said:

Not to state the obvious but this thread is already an utter abomination & it's only just September. Head-losses of epic proportions, folk using burner accounts to reply to their other burner accounts. 

Deary me. 

Hiya John, hiya pal.

Oh, look! A raccoon!

Anyway - interested to see what everyone thinks our best starting 11 currently is? Things obviously haven't panned out as we thought they would and the last three games have some fans calling for McCall's head. Personally, I'm not sure.  I think maybe our best 11 looks something like:

- Kinnear -

- Houston - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Murdoch - Scullion -

- Redfern - Connell - Connelly -

- Allan -

I'm looking forward to seeing some more of Darren Lyon. I think Murdoch and Grant are too similar to be playing together in centre midfield, and I don't fancy Scullion as a wide midfielder. If he plays centre mid he can get himself up the park with Murdoch pretty happy to sit. I know Connelly and Allan have been pretty rubbish to put it kindly but I'd have them in there on account of just being better footballers than the other options. I don't think anyone on the planet except Ian McCall thinks Hamilton should be playing at right back. Redfern and Connell have impressed me.

On paper, the above team skooshes this league. In practice however, we've looked utterly naive. Hopefully we see some answers against Edinburgh!

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Anyway - interested to see what everyone thinks our best starting 11 currently is? Things obviously haven't panned out as we thought they would and the last three games have some fans calling for McCall's head. Personally, I'm not sure.  I think maybe our best 11 looks something like:

- Kinnear -

- Murdoch - Scullion -

- Allan -

I'm looking forward to seeing some more of Darren Lyon. I think Murdoch and Grant are too similar to be playing together in centre midfield, and I don't fancy Scullion as a wide midfielder. If he plays centre mid he can get himself up the park with Murdoch pretty happy to sit. I know Connelly and Allan have been pretty rubbish to put it kindly but I'd have them in there on account of just being better footballers than the other options. I don't think anyone on the planet except Ian McCall thinks Hamilton should be playing at right back. Redfern and Connell have impressed me.

On paper, the above team skooshes this league. In practice however, we've looked utterly naive. Hopefully we see some answers against Edinburgh!

Oh dear god- our vice chairman has resigned and is dropping major hints that all is not well upstairs and that directors need to take a good look at the situation. He’s also had a pop at Maitland the Messiah and funnily enough the FD has also resigned and the outgoing VC is threatening to tell all in the coming days and weeks. In any other business the fire alarms would be sounding very loud at things like this.

But, dear old BC sticks to picking his best 11, abusing fellow supporters and paranoiacally accusing people of having burner accounts and talking to themselves.

The Club is in safe hands eh?

East Fife can tank us all they like. Stenny can win all the titles they like. Peterhead can win almost every time they play us if they like.

Tell you what though. These teams will NEVER have to set up one P&B thread to discuss the football team and an entirely separate one to discuss politics of the club's board. That's the TRUE mark of a big team! We live a legacy the aforementioned eternadiddies can only dream of. 🥲

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

- Kinnear -

- Murdoch - Scullion -

- Allan -

Basically the same lineup for me with Grant and Cuddihy, once fit, at CM.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's good to be back. I still think there's some mileage in the Inverness fiasco, but there's nothing quite like Clyde, except maybe Livi...Rangers. Falkirk, now I think about it. Thistle and Hearts when they got relegated during covid.

All enjoyable in their own way!

it’s good to have you back. I’m sure you’ll be enjoying this seasons edition more than any!

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

You'd be surprised BC....your ego is what is preventing you from absorbing it.