Clyde FC Season 24/25

1 hour ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

I'm pretty sure that if the shoe was on the other foot, Clyde fanboyz on here would be loving reading about another clubs misfortune.

You reap what you sow, and as soon as you lot of deluded charlatans are playing lower league football the better.

Thanks again for the money for Goodwillie, by the way.

I’m not sure Clyde fans would relish another club being in trouble…having been in financial trouble recently we know how hard it can be. I wouldn’t be celebrating that nor would most other fans I know. 

9 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:
Oh, here comes the paragon of virtue who does the bidding of a certain Director...the troops are being mobilised.

Would me deleting the post change things? Would it plug the black hole the outgoing Vice Chair speaks of? Would it change the situation that he challenges the Board to explain to the owners and support? Nope....what you are accusing me of I believe, is airing our dirty laundry on a public forum and you know, you could actually be right with this concern. However, there are many Clyde supporters here who support the Club financially and have done for many years and who more than likely will be asked to dig deep again given what we are being told and they should know the state of things...and if they feel strongly enough about what the Board has sat back and allowed to happen, according to our ex Vice Chair (and I doubt he'd be so specific in his words were they not fact) they could consider for £60 becoming an owner to "have a say" in how this plays out now and in the future.
In fact, I'll go further to help those who think the VC has had a brainstorm of epic proportions......our newest Director is talking of his "stomach churning" since becoming aware of the situation, and his concern for the Club has not been so strong since before CIC when the Club had a huge debt which forced the decade of austerity which saw us tumble quickly down the leagues. Same again and it's the West of Scotland League that awaits us. One thing which confuses me regarding the dramatic "stomach churning" comment though, why is he so concerned, when we have our wealthy benefactor providing "money the likes of which we have never seen before"? 

What gives me the right to share this information? Nothing, other than being a long time critic of a Board that took us on an unerring journey towards the LL and who knows, might still.
All I am doing, and some of course will disagree and are disagreeing with me, is discussing this with fellow supporters, I am not taking screen shot's from a private site and publishing on here.....I think Clyde supporters should know what is going on. I'll be accused of taking pleasure in being correct about the Board, nothing could be further from the truth, there is no pleasure to be taken from seeing this unfold....it is embarrassing and upsetting for anyone who supports and follows the Club.

If what is happening, and what is being posted on Club forum for fans to see (and they know it's going to get out onto mainstream media....everything always has) why are they not blocking the VC from posting and why is the newest director adding fuel to the fire and challenging the Board to speak up as it had nothing to do with him, as he was not on the Board at the time? All he is doing is validating the comments from the VC, who is still promising to blow the whistle if the Board do not come clean about the situation.

I now await to receive the standard abuse, character assassination and ridicule from the usual suspects........but, I am willing to suffer this if more Clyde supporters begin to understand the ineptitude of the people running the Club and the severity of the situation.

Regardless of your intentions/concerns, do you REALLY think that this is the best place to make the wider Clyde support aware of the issue? No wonder we are told FA on the official forum and publishing here gives the board the perfect excuse to keep us in the dark because “we” can’t be trusted.

4 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

You reap what you sow, and as soon as you lot of deluded charlatans are playing lower league football the better.

Fair point, getting a bit fed up of our run in the top flight. 

5 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

I'm pretty sure that if the shoe was on the other foot, Clyde fanboyz on here would be loving reading about another clubs misfortune.

Wooft! Easy tiger

58 minutes ago, bhoonaman said:

Regardless of your intentions/concerns, do you REALLY think that this is the best place to make the wider Clyde support aware of the issue? No wonder we are told FA on the official forum and publishing here gives the board the perfect excuse to keep us in the dark because “we” can’t be trusted.

Sorry, but this has got nothing whatsoever to do with being "trusted" or not. That particular comment itself was recently used as an admittance by the newest director when challenged on communications in the past, and naturally put it onto others by claiming HE wanted more communicated, it was a committee decision that we're collectively too stupid to understand it or absorb it correctly. 

Given you've posted on the OS, and you know as much as the rest of us just what this is about, why would or should anyone with a hint of self-respect trust a thing that comes from an organisation towards its' members when that is how they feel towards them? 

Personalities aside, i have no doubt whatever the VC is claiming will have taken a lot of energy and courage to bring to attention, and if it's correct then he merits the support of anyone who genuinely wants communications to ACTUALLY improve, and not just appear in some box-ticking AI experiment as "the best in League Two".

I'd be intersted to know what those losing their heads over this appearing here, would like to be done with any information received on the 'perpetrator/s', that's quite a road to go down- who deems when a situation is at crisis level and requires widespread attention and/or intervention? What about anything which *they themselves as a civilian might find out at a later date, would that be seen as the same, or is it only important when the club or a rep of the club declares it so?

People are calling for 'inquiry' or for it to be conducted behind closed doors- isn't that perhaps the problem in the first place? Those closed doors offering protection which isn't deserved, if the allegations happen to be of substance or even actually true. 

34 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Given you've posted on the OS, and you know as much as the rest of us just what this is about, why would or should anyone with a hint of self-respect trust a thing that comes from an organisation towards its' members when that is how they feel towards them? 

What does this mean? 

43 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I'd be intersted to know what those losing their heads over this appearing here, would like to be done with any information received on the 'perpetrator/s', that's quite a road to go down- who deems when a situation is at crisis level and requires widespread attention and/or intervention? What about anything which *they themselves as a civilian might find out at a later date, would that be seen as the same, or is it only important when the club or a rep of the club declares it so?

Also, what does this mean? Your posts are like riddles. Are you on the board?

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

What does this mean? 

I'm referencing the paragraph above. 

43 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Sorry, but this has got nothing whatsoever to do with being "trusted" or not. That particular comment itself was recently used as an admittance by the newest director when challenged on communications in the past, and naturally put it onto others by claiming HE wanted more communicated, it was a committee decision that we're collectively too stupid to understand it or absorb it correctly. 

Again, this is paraphrased from a thread on the OS, not a direct quote. But that WAS the explanation given to a question about communications.

You've been a fierce critic of the board fairly recently, why would you have a problem with what i said, even as a standalone post? 

It's true.

41 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Personalities aside, i have no doubt whatever the VC is claiming will have taken a lot of energy and courage to bring to attention, and if it's correct then he merits the support of anyone who genuinely wants communications to ACTUALLY improve, and not just appear in some box-ticking AI experiment as "the best in League Two".

People are calling for 'inquiry' or for it to be conducted behind closed doors- isn't that perhaps the problem in the first place? Those closed doors offering protection which isn't deserved, if the allegations happen to be of substance or even actually true. 

To get these messages to the wider fanbase, there are other lines of communication outside of the members forum. A public open forum like this is not one. It’s not hard to grasp the concept that there is closed shop (official form), moderated wider interest (Facebook groups, WhatsApp, et al) and “Any Cnut can view” (here). You tell me what purpose it serves letting fans of 41+ other teams see that we have a potentially existential financial black hole? That is where “being trusted” is very relevant. Trust is a two way street.

2 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Also, what does this mean? Your posts are like riddles. Are you on the board?

For Christ's sake. No i am not.

Riddles? Yer arse. There's several posts on here, let alone the OSF, scalding whoever it was who brought the matter to this thread. I'm asking what they'd like to happen if they could source who it was, because they seem to think a post is more important than its' content.

1 minute ago, bhoonaman said:

To get these messages to the wider fanbase, there are other lines of communication outside of the members forum. A public open forum like this is not one. It’s not hard to grasp the concept that there is closed shop (official form), moderated wider interest (Facebook groups, WhatsApp, et al) and “Any Cnut can view” (here). You tell me what purpose it serves letting fans of 41+ other teams see that we have a potentially existential financial black hole? That is where “being trusted” is very relevant. Trust is a two way street.

I'm a member of every Clyde related FB group and there's been nothing. Whatsapp by its nature is as closed as the forum is, if you had even twenty people on a chat it becomes a rabble in ten minutes and virtually unreadable to follow. 

If you think PnB is a small place where people talk, the football world is even smaller. People talk to one another in the real world, especially people who may feel they have a justified grievance or concern. One post on here simply created a dialogue quicker.

I remember hearing about us being first evicted from Broadwood by Richard Gordon on Sportsound after leaving the Scotland-Holland WC qualifier at Hampden in 2009, is that better? Delivered by a sensationalist panel and sandwiched in between their more important topics? At least a poster here, fan or foe, cares. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I'm a member of every Clyde related FB group and there's been nothing. Whatsapp by its nature is as closed as the forum is, if you had even twenty people on a chat it becomes a rabble in ten minutes and virtually unreadable to follow. 

If you think PnB is a small place where people talk, the football world is even smaller. People talk to one another in the real world, especially people who may feel they have a justified grievance or concern. One post on here simply created a dialogue quicker.

I remember hearing about us being first evicted from Broadwood by Richard Gordon on Sportsound after leaving the Scotland-Holland WC qualifier at Hampden in 2009, is that better? Delivered by a sensationalist panel and sandwiched in between their more important topics? At least a poster here, fan or foe, cares. 

2 x GB Facebook page posts about it yesterday. Seen by 197 people each. Posting here doesn’t create a dialogue, it creates a point and laugh opportunity where dialogue gets drowned out.

3 minutes ago, bhoonaman said:

2 x GB Facebook page posts about it yesterday. Seen by 197 people each. Posting here doesn’t create a dialogue, it creates a point and laugh opportunity where dialogue gets drowned 

Well, i wouldn't know about that. Probably the 1 group i'm not a member of. 

I've heard PnB dismissed many times over the years as a vaccuum, a petty squabble town square etc. If that's the case, why bother about it? I agree it's not ideal, but what would ideal look like? Still waiting nearly a week later for the next step? With the severity of what's been described, that's no better either. And what's more, there's two sides to every story (some say three). If the 'defence' of the claims aren't sufficient, how long do you give it before they're on here too?

3 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Well, i wouldn't know about that. Probably the 1 group i'm not a member of. 

I've heard PnB dismissed many times over the years as a vaccuum, a petty squabble town square etc. If that's the case, why bother about it? I agree it's not ideal, but what would ideal look like? Still waiting nearly a week later for the next step? With the severity of what's been described, that's no better either. And what's more, there's two sides to every story (some say three). If the 'defence' of the claims aren't sufficient, how long do you give it before they're on here too?

Ideal would be us having an excellent budget to bring good players in, having a decent pre- season, club and fans pulling together (as we have been asked to by the club #InItTogether), and then not having a shit start to the season followed up by these alleged revelations. We just have to face it as Clyde supporters, we are not allowed to have nice things.

On 11/07/2024 at 10:46, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Looking forward to visiting a new ground, too. And seeing McCall’s Galacticos for the first time in the title winning season.

On 10/07/2024 at 14:51, Right turn Clyde said:

Thanks- just the confirmation I required to lump on at those odds as a back up to Clyde romping the league. 

On 17/07/2024 at 21:26, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What a team. McCall will be the next Scotland manager if we’re no careful.

On 17/07/2024 at 21:36, Clyde85 said:

I don’t want to get carried away. I know we’re playing a sh*t Edinburgh team. But we’ll have the league wrapped up by mid February 😂.

On 18/07/2024 at 21:06, shawfield shed boy said:

Give us the league and the year after aswell

Simply the best pre season ever and JA returning is the final piece in the jigsaw

Yer Mithers Pride

On 18/07/2024 at 21:26, clyde_r_us said:

Never thought I would ever come out wirh old firn crap......but we will have the league wrapped by Christmas

On 18/07/2024 at 21:38, Clyde85 said:

This honestly isn’t fair on the other nine teams. Am loving it 😂!

The Bully Wee. Never change Clyde...never change. 🤣

15 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

The Bully Wee. Never change Clyde...never change. 🤣

Going back 2 months on another teams thread that you don’t even support is pretty weird behaviour.

2 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

I, for one, would never have realised Clyde were a basket case without the most recent revelations.