Clyde FC Season 24/25

2 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

The Bully Wee. Never change Clyde...never change. 🤣

Hopefully the Goodwillie money comes good for us this season. Or maybe it dried up quicker than it took you to quote all those posts form varying threads you absolute seething moonfruit.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Hopefully the Goodwillie money comes good for us this season. Or maybe it dried up quicker than it took you to quote all those posts form varying threads you absolute seething moonfruit.

Seething?  I'm sure a little self-awareness is being shown here.

5 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

Ideal would be us having an excellent budget to bring good players in, having a decent pre- season, club and fans pulling together (as we have been asked to by the club #InItTogether), and then not having a shit start to the season followed up by these alleged revelations. We just have to face it as Clyde supporters, we are not allowed to have nice things.

I'm struggling to make sense of how this comes to pass. I do see a correlation between "nice things", and almost immediate club implosions. Once may be an accident but twice is bloody careless.

Maybe the constant deference of the support is more at fault than some supernatural force with a grudge against the club. You've seen the same reactions as i have to the opening monologues, I'm interested to hear (with an open mind about the whole thing) just what the 'owners' would want to see happen if the claims are proven to have been accurate, and why they'd come to that conclusion. 

14 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

To get these messages to the wider fanbase, there are other lines of communication outside of the members forum. A public open forum like this is not one. It’s not hard to grasp the concept that there is closed shop (official form), moderated wider interest (Facebook groups, WhatsApp, et al) and “Any Cnut can view” (here). You tell me what purpose it serves letting fans of 41+ other teams see that we have a potentially existential financial black hole? That is where “being trusted” is very relevant. Trust is a two way street.

What damage is done by fans of other clubs knowing you have debt? 

Debt should be shown on any accounts anyway, which is available to the public through companies house, so everyone would find out sooner or later. I'm not quite grasping what is confidential about it. 

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Debt should be shown on any accounts anyway, which is available to the public through companies house, so everyone would find out sooner or later. I'm not quite grasping what is confidential about it. 

The fact that it's being aired out by some random dafty on Pie & Bovril relaying the info via an annoyed ex-director rather than via an official communication is embarrassing and only sows further discontent amongst the different sections of the club (however, it's just added to the ever-growing list of intensely embarrassing Clyde FC-based behaviour). Some others will be annoyed that they're no longer occupying the bizarre 'I know something you don't know' space.

Either way, it doesn't really matter if fans of other clubs are aware. It's all just heavy f**kin depressing.

Also, re: the mad Raith fan commenting, I don't think any Clyde fan with half a brain would celebrate another club going into crippling debt. We're all fans of lower league clubs and therefore pretty much all in the same boat - one stupid decision away from oblivion - and I personally wouldn't with that on anyone but cheers for stopping by?

41 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The fact that it's being aired out by some random dafty on Pie & Bovril relaying the info via an annoyed ex-director rather than via an official communication is embarrassing and only sows further discontent amongst the different sections of the club (however, it's just added to the ever-growing list of intensely embarrassing Clyde FC-based behaviour). Some others will be annoyed that they're no longer occupying the bizarre 'I know something you don't know' space.

Either way, it doesn't really matter if fans of other clubs are aware. It's all just heavy f**kin depressing.

Also, re: the mad Raith fan commenting, I don't think any Clyde fan with half a brain would celebrate another club going into crippling debt. We're all fans of lower league clubs and therefore pretty much all in the same boat - one stupid decision away from oblivion - and I personally wouldn't with that on anyone but cheers for stopping by?

I pop in here for a laugh but I don't want to see small clubs going bust. Hopefully with the financial problems known to your fan base that investment can be found. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I pop in here for a laugh but I don't want to see small clubs going bust. Hopefully with the financial problems known to your fan base that investment can be found. 

quite right. it could easily be any of our clubs. 

we've all at one time no doubt suffered from our clubs' opaque communication strategies. 

i don't want to see any clubs going bust. 

i'm happy to laugh at the performances on the park but not at the off the field stuff. 

14 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

quite right. it could easily be any of our clubs. 

we've all at one time no doubt suffered from our clubs' opaque communication strategies. 

i don't want to see any clubs going bust. 

i'm happy to laugh at the performances on the park but not at the off the field stuff. 

That's a bit Rangersesque - Don't question the off-field stuff, regardless of how it impacts our ability to pay the players that take to the pitch.

If you have fans gloating about the team that you have put together from money allegedly from a mysterious benefactor and that proves to not be the case then don't be surprised if others point a d laugh.  That doesn't equate to the wanting a club to go out of business.

15 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Ahhhh now there’s another story which underlines the failings of the board- hope no-one pops this on the owners site.

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

“Dafty”….. you’re a giggle BC- you really are….

2 hours ago, strichener said:

That's a bit Rangersesque - Don't question the off-field stuff, regardless of how it impacts our ability to pay the players that take to the pitch.

If you have fans gloating about the team that you have put together from money allegedly from a mysterious benefactor and that proves to not be the case then don't be surprised if others point a d laugh.  That doesn't equate to the wanting a club to go out of business.

i'm in no way saying don't question the off the field stuff. my team are also terrible at communication and it is beyond frustrating. 

all i'm saying is that i'm not gloating at the potential ultimate misfortune of rival teams.  as long as they survive as a club but have a terrible season. i'm fine with laughing at that. 

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Because at this point in time it is an unsubstantiated allegation. In the public, it gets to the ears of players, agents, competitors which can affect performance or have the vultures circling. Mind you, saying that - the team are playing like they know something and it isn't good news.  

1 hour ago, bhoonaman said:

Because at this point in time it is an unsubstantiated allegation. In the public, it gets to the ears of players, agents, competitors which can affect performance or have the vultures circling. Mind you, saying that - the team are playing like they know something and it isn't good news.  

Ten days ago, this was a dismissed 'conspiracy theory'. Three months ago, a post quoting the manager's on-pitch interview and specifically the bit he mentioned funding and need for changes was equally dismissed as 'nonsense', that managers and players have "no interest" in backroom affairs (when it comes to who's paying you, i bet they do!)- 

You don't think players talk? Ray Grant refused a return in 2021 because of turmoil at the club and  how Lennon ditched McNiff. Thety may look, act and sound stupid, but they're not completely stupid when, again, it comes to getting paid- ambition follows after that.

Fwiw i think you're right. Something very wrong but very un-obvious has ravaged the dressing room. This'll be the fifth, off-field crisis that's ruined a team's chances that i can count. Let's see what happens.

Hey. New to forum.

Went for years to Broadwood up until 2017.

Just wondering for those that still go to games is it a case of what looks like another long hard season or could McCall maybe actually build something this season. Results seemed to going fairly well (including league cup group) until the 3rd league game.

And you know what horrible run of results Clyde can go on when they cant stop the rot

Edited by bullywee2019