Clyde FC Season 24/25

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Given the squad assembled and the fact a lot of them won't be on peanuts, I think everyone could see Clyde have gambled massively on promotion this season (which is obviously still a possibility). But if it's reliant on bigger attendances during the season, is there a risk of serious financial trouble before the season even ends? 

Clyde & Serious Financial Trouble are bosom buddies. Have a quick glance at our history if you want further proof

4 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

We not a bit top heavy with strikers, I'd be tempted to put Allan back to Falkirk, money saved straight away. 

Sure they'd be delighted to take back the wage bill of an out of form league 2 striker when they are sitting top of the championship and that money could be used to strengthen in January if they are still flying high. 

10 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Overloaded in that area, needs slimmed down imo. Guess Allan might rediscover his scoring touch though. 

It may need slimmed down but despite his incredibly poor start to the season, Allan is the last one I'd want to see go. I know it was only a pen but hopefully just scoring a goal yesterday is enough to give him a wee confidence boost and he'll start banging them in again. Would help if the game plan played to his strengths though...over to you, McCall. 

Edited by RutherGlen

The game was so boring yesterday that I chose to focus on watching Allan. I thought he was nearly there yesterday. If only he had netted either of the headed chances...

He will always hit a wild shot or two, or mess up a bit of link up play. But if he's being a pest in and around the box then he will score goals.

Given that Rennie and Connell are better in other positions, and Dunachie is a centre half, I don't think we have many options up front at all.

47 minutes ago, David W said:

The game was so boring yesterday that I chose to focus on watching Allan. I thought he was nearly there yesterday. If only he had netted either of the headed chances...

He will always hit a wild shot or two, or mess up a bit of link up play. But if he's being a pest in and around the box then he will score goals.

Given that Rennie and Connell are better in other positions, and Dunachie is a centre half, I don't think we have many options up front at all.

Agree he’s definitely low on confidence so hopefully that pen goal gives him a wee boost. That headed chance he had in the second half he scores if it was last season.

We can all see Allan hasn't started the season well. 

It would be nice to see some passes up to him that dont require him to tear his groin or split his neck muscles to make contact with the ball.

Midfield is a problem. Standoffish, passive, slow in transition with next to no creativity. 

Wingers that offer nothing at all.

Manager and staff who talk to each other continuously during the match but never seem to give instructions/encouragement to the actual players.

Edinburgh City were better organised and played better football than Clyde. The same can be said for almost every league match this season.

I truly believe with the usual annual budget + the benefactors contribution + the overspend I'd do a better job than McCall has up to now.

Without being boastful I think I'd have us ahead in the league by two points.

No Chairman, no Vice chairman, no Financial director.....wow....a new model for football administration pioneered by Clyde, wonder if it will catch on?

Monthly Board meetings....sorry, committee meetings will be a giggle. Who will run them (I wonder), who will have the casting vote (I wonder), who will drive club strategy (mmmmmm).

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

No Chairman, no Vice chairman, no Financial director.....wow....a new model for football administration pioneered by Clyde, wonder if it will catch on?

Monthly Board meetings....sorry, committee meetings will be a giggle. Who will run them (I wonder), who will have the casting vote (I wonder), who will drive club strategy (mmmmmm).

It's all a bit emasculating for the now ex-chairman after the tabletop microphone calls to arms, you'd think. Reduced to committee show of hands. And that isn't even taking into account the meeting-before-the-meetings, where the real things will be discussed. 

Unanimously, of course. 

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

is there any. candidates??

On 14/09/2024 at 19:18, Bullyweeno1 said:

Basically he made a c#nt of it

Spent £180k unauthorised too thinking that the Clyde Globetrotters this season winning by 4 and 5 each game would have 1,000s of extra fans rolling back to NDP

Two small miscalculations he made

1. The squad assembled on the inflated budget is p#sh and made even  Edinburgh look a decent outfit.

2. Even if we had won every game this season by 4 or 5 playing open and attacking football we would have at max 100-150 extra fans on the gate as we aren’t some sleeping giant.  So would have added £1900 - £2850 to home gate receipts

Surely there are mechanisms in place to prevent overspend such as this. Sign offs on contracts and general spend. The rest of the Board must have just sat not listening when the Chairman at the time was going bullish on forecasted income.

This from a Club who never previously gambled on potential cup runs when creating the budget.

It looks like the rest of the Board got very lazy and just said "over to you Allan". 

With statements like "money like we have never seen before", perhaps who could blame him for getting a bit carried away, but due to on field failings, there is no blanket of cover.

I think we all thought we'd be right up there by now.

The clawing back of the deficit is an interesting one....where have all these wealthy Clyde fans suddenly emerged from?  We have one stalwart telling us he's very lucky and fortunate to be in the position to immediately donate £1k if 59 others will do the same. I think he knows the chances of that are slim....maybe he'll just donate his £1k anyway. Be a start.

Someone who knows a thing or two about football said to me when Allan was made Chairman....."well they "(the board) have found their new scapegoat"........took a lot less time than we thought to come to fruition.

As for "sack the manager"......justified or not, the chances of a dug out clear-out whilst in financial difficulty are almost  negligible.

Edited by Right turn Clyde
spell

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Surely there are mechanisms in place to prevent overspend such as this. Sign offs on contracts and general spend. The rest of the Board must have just sat not listening when the Chairman at the time was going bullish on forecasted income.

This from a Club who never previously gambled on potential cup runs when creating the budget.

It looks like the rest of the Board got very lazy and just said "over to you Allan". 

With statements like "money like we have never seen before", perhaps who could blame him for getting a bit carried away, but due to on field failings, there is no blanket of cover.

I think we all thought we'd be right up there by now.

The clawing back of the deficit is an interesting one....where have all these wealthy Clyde fans suddenly emerged from?  We have one stalwart telling us he's very lucky and fortunate to be in the position to immediately donate £1k if 59 others will do the same. I think he knows the chances of that are slim....maybe he'll just donate his £1k anyway. Be a start.

Someone who knows a thing or two about football said to me when Allan was made Chairman....."well they "(the board) have found their new scapegoat"........took a lot less time than we thought to come to fruition.

As for "sack the manager"......justified or not, the chances of a dug out clear-out whilst in financial difficulty are almost  negligible.

Missed the appeal to donate £1k what about putting it up again