Elgin City - 2024 onwards

Things looking up for the first time in a while.

We’ve got a decent squad to go into summer with. Really need a couple of strikers,  be interested to see who we can get.

Someone who can play on the right flank and a couple of new centre backs would be ideal as well

Quite a few more faces needed in the squad and a few more for backup on the sub bench so we really need a striker that scores a good few in a season that’ll be a hard one to get also a winger ideally a pacey winger that can come inside as well and contribute to goals if we cant get that striker and my personal preference id love a centre mid player thats strong holds the ball up and can get stuck in then defence wise i think it just needs a few defensive back up players for each defensive position.

it’ll be a tough pre season looking for the players that we need and most probably take a while no doubt they'll be a few loanees as well as long as the loanees makes a difference 

Could be an interesting pre-season with our neighbours in some real difficulty. I'm also interested in seeing what Hale can get out of Lawrence and Barron in pre-season.

44 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Could be an interesting pre-season with our neighbours in some real difficulty. I'm also interested in seeing what Hale can get out of Lawrence and Barron in pre-season.

Who’s in difficulty?

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

My concern is that ICT will possibly be fishing in the same pond as us and recruitment is difficult as it is.

5 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

When I posted that I expected them to go into administration, not go full NFL franchise and turn into the Fifeshire Caleys 😭

Going to create even more havoc for other central belt clubs recruitment now too you'd think 😬

I was in the middle of typing my thoughts ahead of next season when I saw the news about Caley Thistle, and scrapped it instantly as it seemed redundant. This will have a big impact on our transfer dealings I'd imagine.

12 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I was in the middle of typing my thoughts ahead of next season when I saw the news about Caley Thistle, and scrapped it instantly as it seemed redundant. This will have a big impact on our transfer dealings I'd imagine.

Definitely. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Nicolson return. He spent all of last season sidelined and I don’t know if he’s still in contract. I was impressed by him in ‘22 and I’d happily take him back, would be good competition for Booth.

I thought Nicolson was good going forward but suspect defensively. Still young and played a bit of Championship football since his time with us so might be worth a look. When Caley Thistle were relegated I thought they'd probably keep Bray next season and use him as a squad player but who knows now. He is from Stornoway so has already moved a fair distance once to pursue a career, he might be up for it again. Billy Mckay is apparently settled in the area so unless he wants to travel 5.5 hours every day, he may well want to move on. Doran was also linked with us last year too as he's apparently settled in Aviemore, not sure if the legs are still there but we should definitely be showing an interest. Hopefully Draper is having words as we speak.

5 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Think Duran would be an expensive risk. He hasn’t been fit and played few games this past couple of seasons.

Yeah I could definitely see that being the case, but we should at least be having a look. 22 appearances for a Championship team suggests there might be something still there to do a job in League 2.

On 24/05/2024 at 18:06, afca32 said:

I thought Nicolson was good going forward but suspect defensively. Still young and played a bit of Championship football since his time with us so might be worth a look. When Caley Thistle were relegated I thought they'd probably keep Bray next season and use him as a squad player but who knows now. He is from Stornoway so has already moved a fair distance once to pursue a career, he might be up for it again. Billy Mckay is apparently settled in the area so unless he wants to travel 5.5 hours every day, he may well want to move on. Doran was also linked with us last year too as he's apparently settled in Aviemore, not sure if the legs are still there but we should definitely be showing an interest. Hopefully Draper is having words as we speak.

Nicolson still signed for another year, but hasn't played this season with a long term injury. Was looking pretty good playing more as a winger before that. 

Bray looked like he was about to get a run in the first team before Ferguson came in. Didn't seem to care about any of the youth players. So can see some of them leaving if him and Gardiner aren't gone soon. How did he get on with yous btw.

Doran I could see heading over there. Would still do well for you. Can still ping them in control a game with his passing range. Preferably as a secondary striker/CM

Hale will be looking for players to high press and get up and down the park. Somebody sitting in and pinging passes about doesn’t really fit the bill. 
Bray has something about him but not ready physically for a team going for promotion in League 1.