Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

Posted (edited)

The Kyle Turner derby!

Most Rovers fans I know would've preferred Saints but here we are. You'd imagine County will feel very confident in getting the job done, particularly after last season. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Where County have been at their best this season is when opposition teams are open and allow our players to pick their passes - this allowed victories against Hibs & Rangers par example. I expect Raith to be in our faces from the off and not give us a second on the ball.  Whether Raith are capable of this over 180 minutes is up for debate.  Something else we have been guilty of this year is not killing games off by scoring a second goal.  If we can leave Starks park ahead on Thursday, I think we will be alright, the team does seem to take strength from our (albeit meager) home support.

Not fancying our chances at all here.  Raith have the momentum going into the tie while we are pretty fragile just now having thrown away not 1 but 3 chances to secure our safety (loss to Livi, draw to St Johnstone and yesterday against Aberdeen)

1 minute ago, Staggie_93 said:

Our squad is in a better shape than it was for the playoffs last year, but I’m not confident at all about this. If we go down then we only have ourselves to blame.

I think the thought is you’ll be too strong up top for us but we’ll be giving this everything.

Expecting Dylan Easton to come in for Kyle Turner and put on a performance in front of the cameras.  

Heart wants Raith, purely to annoy the top flight grass pitch luvvies, head says County, with their resilience to pull out the odd result, and scrape through play offs. Might be one play off too many for them this season though....................................................................basically canny call it.

Dylan Corr and Euan Murray up against the likes of Dhanda and Simon Murray does give me the fear a bit. Wonder if we'll plump for Scott Brown at centre back instead? If there's one thing about our team predicting our line up is nigh on impossible. We've certainly got players that could give County a fright however we rode our luck at times against Thistle and I think we'll need to up the gears, if that's possible, going into these games.