Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I've yet to see any real evidence that Ian Murray is actually a good manager.

I know he did well with Dumbarton but he flopped at St. Mirren, failed to take opportunities to pip Cove to the league title with Airdrie then bottled the playoff final, and finished 2nd in the Championship with a squad and budget that should absolultely be achieving that at least, followed by barely even being competitive across these two legs against County.

Find it very weird that his name keeps cropping up when bigger jobs become vacant.

He was desperate to join us when we appointed Tony Docherty as well. Glad we made the right call.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Is this now the worst play off ‘performance’ by a championship team? Or does Falkirk or Inverness still take that title?

I would say Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I've yet to see any real evidence that Ian Murray is actually a good manager.

I know he did well with Dumbarton but he flopped at St. Mirren, failed to take opportunities to pip Cove to the league title with Airdrie then bottled the playoff final, and finished 2nd in the Championship with a squad and budget that should absolultely be achieving that at least, followed by barely even being competitive across these two legs against County.

Find it very weird that his name keeps cropping up when bigger jobs become vacant.

Yeah I'd say he's an averagely competent manager based on his record. There's going to be no added value in bringing him in so a top flight club paying to release him from an existing contract is pointless. 

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Glad Dhanda's signed off this way. 

One of the best players I have ever seen play for us.  Stepped up and dragged us through the split.  

I mean surely every loser looking out their yellow tops this morning must've thought that this would happen and they'd end up looking an even bigger tit than usual.

In some small way I'm quite happy that we will be competing again in what is by far the best, most exciting and hardest league in Scottish football. I hope that we are able to replicate this season's efforts in the next season. No guarantees though for that.

Just now, embow said:

In some small way I'm quite happy that we will be competing again in what is by far the best, most exciting and hardest league in Scottish football. I hope that we are able to replicate this season's efforts in the next season. No guarantees though for that.

Yeah, we've all said that (myself included) when our team has shat the bed.

It's a go to, stock coping mechanism when we have been utterly shite and get relegated but I suppose it's got a good use for today as well.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Is this now the worst play off ‘performance’ by a championship team? Or does Falkirk or Inverness still take that title?

Worst performance in the final, Falkirk at least won the home leg. 

Ayr must have the worst playoff performance by a championship team though.