Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

The gulf in class isn’t as big as the scoreline, it’s just the couple of extra players like Dhanda and Murray who make it very difficult for a club without Premiership money. The overall mix was County had more players of a similar level, plus a couple of game changers. Not worth greeting over, it just shows what we need to do to move up.

The gulf is there, the scoreline didn't flatter County in any way, they have better players that can take chances and a keeper who can make saves rather than flap about for the cameras.

As I said before, it's time for Rovers to learn from it, get a decent manager in and improve.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wonder if Gordon Brown made the trip and was part of the 'yellow wall'.

He's lightweight Labour/pink Tory, not a Lib Dem or SNP yellow 🫣

22 minutes ago, Lex said:

The Championship really is a load of shite, isn’t it? Been hearing how good Raith are all year and then they got bodied home and away by a guff Ross County side.

County and St Johnstone are destined to win this fixture for the foreseeable IMO. I think they’ll be be 11th and 12th next season and the one who shitfests their way to second bottom will win the playoff, again. 

Wait till our new American owners start throwing dollars around....

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I still think Rovers let United off the hook this season. You seemed to shite it every time you had a chance to put real pressure on. Yes, it's been a great season up to a point, but if you don't go up it's a hell of a missed opportunity. 

Nah, hear this a lot but you are basically saying if they had won almost every game then Utd were in trouble which is undoubtedly true.

If they hadn't sclaffed in two worldies against us over winter it isn't even close.

Raith would have to be close to once in a 10 year event to be beating our points total. 

Thought we where the better team first half but just couldn't find a way to break down the county defence. They where absolutely clinical and as is always the risk with murrayball, picked us off as we threw more attackers on to go for it. Laidlaw earned his cleansheet with a few good saves. Deserved win for county over the two games and congrats to them. 

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The gulf in class isn’t as big as the scoreline, it’s just the couple of extra players like Dhanda and Murray who make it very difficult for a club without Premiership money. The overall mix was County had more players of a similar level, plus a couple of game changers. Not worth greeting over, it just shows what we need to do to move up.

Bollocks. 

County were superior all over the park in both legs. 

18 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

"How can you avoid not ending up in the same position again next year?"

Fling mare money at it.

I know we got horsed but "mare" money?🥴

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Nah, hear this a lot but you are basically saying if they had won almost every game then Utd were in trouble which is undoubtedly true.

If they hadn't sclaffed in two worldies against us over winter it isn't even close.

Raith would have to be close to once in a 10 year event to be beating our points total. 

To be fair, we didn't need to do anything near win every game to at least take it to the wire.  The amount of times Utd dropped points and we didn't capitalise was frustrating from a Rovers point if view.  

Very comfortable in the end. Exactly what should have happened on Thursday night before County stepped off Rovers and let them back into the game. 

Let's do this all again next season. 

9 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Bollocks. 

County were superior all over the park in both legs. 

I’d say County were clearly the better team the first 75 minutes of game one and last 45 of game two. The rest of the time the difference was not nearly as clear. Dhanda and Murray were absolutely difference makers on the pitch, switch those two to the other side and it becomes a very interesting question of how County would have done.

It just shows the problem Championship sides face in the playoffs, and why the success rate is so low.

Congratulations to County and the appointment of Don Cowie as your permanent manager. Cuedos for the job he's done since replacing the horrible shitshow that is Derek Adams.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The usual sites like transfermarkt seem to suggest he's out of contract. Can't see anything official.

I’d be very surprised if County paid a fee, however nominal, for 18 months of Simon Murray.  Then again, it was Malkkky so anything is possible.  

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't say there was a massive gulf between the teams at all. I think some people don't understand what they're watching half the time.

County played well early in the tie, but then they ar a better side from a higher level. You'd expect them to have periods of showing that.

Raith had spells when they made County look really poor, but didn't make the most of the big moments. That just happens in games sometimes. The second County goal today brought about a tactical change that left Rovers open, and from that point it was always likely to end up in a pasting, but they had no real option.

Ross County are the better side, but 6-1 over the tie flatters them and it could quite easily have been very different.

Edited by VincentGuerin

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’d say County were clearly the better team the first 75 minutes of game one and last 45 of game two. The rest of the time the difference was not nearly as clear. Dhanda and Murray were absolutely difference makers on the pitch, switch those two to the other side and it becomes a very interesting question of how County would have done.

It just shows the problem Championship sides face in the playoffs, and why the success rate is so low.

The problem that they face is that they have to beat a much better team more, often than not, over two legs, to go up.   Which, if you accept the playoff system, is how it should be.  

Gulf my arse. Raith were the better team up until the first goal. County had a match winner and scored their goals at the right time. St Johnstone fans on here in particular scathing and delighted. Have you watched your shite anti footballing team this season? (yes I say this without hint of irony in being a Hibs supporter) Better team won but no bigger a gulf than St Mirren and say.....................St Johnstone.