P&B GTF Day 2024 : Sunday June 2nd

Our "GTF Day" which is the day every year that the site rolls over into the new season.

This year, from Sunday June 2nd supporters of the teams promoted or relegated should move on to their new divisional forum home.

We will also amend all the forum descriptions, the homepage will be updated and any other relevant business will be completed.

Until then we'd ask fans of all promoted or relegated clubs to stick to their relevant forum where appropriate, so take your medicine for another couple of weeks if you've been relegated, and lord it up for a while longer if you've had a successful season.

11 hours ago, Div said:

.Until then we'd ask fans of all promoted or relegated clubs to stick to their relevant forum where appropriate, so take your medicine for another couple of weeks if you've been relegated, and lord it up for a while longer if you've had a successful season.

Championship threads full of grangemouth mutants already...

Happy GTF Day to all who celebrate it 🙂

All forum descriptions have been updated, the homepage club list has been sorted, and most importantly all the big threads for the clubs involved have been moved.

Let me know if we've missed anything!

Edinburgh City and East Fife are the wrong way round in the League Two forum description. 

Not a big deal, but I know for a fact I’ll notice it every single time I scroll down the home page. 

Posted (edited)

This is totally a minor pet peeve that bugs me every year, might as well say it while it's relevant.

For teams that prefer seasonal threads over general ones, I don't believe they need to be moved as generally those fans will create a new thread. This isn't an admin issue and more to do with users being eager to establish the new situation, though if a thread makes a specific season I don't think it needs moved for GTF day imo.

Case in point for this season is the Dundee United one. Their thread last season was specifically named for the 23/24 season. A new one for 24/25 has been made, but the 23/24 one has also been noisy to the Premiership forum despite likely only being every used for a Championship season. 

It's not a 'mistake' per se, just a weird side effect of threads being used more short term than others. Personally would prefer if every fanbase had their own general permanent thread which could be moved, but that's just me and it's up to individual posters. Gripe over 😊

Edited by RossBFaeDundee