WOSFL 2nd division 2024/25 season

LARKHALL THISTLE 4  CALEDONIAN LOCOS  3

Thistle seemed to be cruising at 4-0 up, but a headed goal and two penalties made it a lot tighter than it should have been.

Thistle missed a lot of chances late on to make for an uncomfortable last ten minutes.

Gow 4 Whittletts Vics 2

The Gow took the lead early on from penalty spot, Marchant slotting it away, then Whittletts equalised not long after. Midway through first half, the Gow made it 2-1. Whittletts battled back to 2-2. 

Just before half time, Marchant scored a belter, direct from the corner to make it 3-2.

Second half, Whittletts pushed on to get equaliser. Gow caught them on the break to make it 4-2.

Gow looked fairly comfortable bar a couple of stramashes in the box, as Whittletts pushed on.

Late on, Whittletts no 5 got sent off, double yellow. Foul then a melee ensued with handbags out, resultant actions saw him walk as ref produced red.

All in all, a good result and performance.

Mon the Gow.

Edited by Father Ted
Brain fog

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

Lanark 2 Neilston 3

A game of two halves.  Lanark should have been at least 3 up at half time. Neilston were poor but in 2nd half took advantage of the huge gaps we were leaving and went 1-3 up, with our keeper having to make some good saves as well.

We didn't actually test their keeper until late on when he made an excellent save before we pulled one back with about 10 plus minutes remaining incl injury time but Neilston held on fairly comfortably, despite a crazy straight red for one of their subs. Madness.

Back to the drawing board for Lanark

Watched this game today. Back to the drawing board is harsh. What I seen is Lanark played the best football I have seen them play and totally out played Neilson without getting the rewards. It’s clear with team needing to freshen up and with Bullock and Payne missing hopefully not for long the bench isn’t as strong as I’m sure the manager would like with wingers and forwards. Lanark will need to  rack open the piggy bank.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Gow 4 Whittletts Vics 2

The Gow took the lead early on from penalty spot, Marchant slotting it away, then Whittletts equalised not long after. Midway through first half, the Gow made it 2-1. Whittletts battled back to 2-2. 

Just before half time, Marchant scored a belter, direct from the corner to make it 3-2.

Second half, Whittletts pushed on to get equaliser. Gow caught them on the break to make it 4-2.

Gow looked fairly comfortable bar a couple of stramashes in the box, as Whittletts pushed on.

Late on, Whittletts no 5 got sent off, double yellow. Foul then a melee ensued with handbags out, resultant actions saw him walk as ref produced red.

All in all, a good result and performance.

Mon the Gow.

Good win, sorry I missed it.

3 hours ago, TM1947 said:

Watched this game today. Back to the drawing board is harsh. What I seen is Lanark played the best football I have seen them play and totally out played Neilson without getting the rewards. It’s clear with team needing to freshen up and with Bullock and Payne missing hopefully not for long the bench isn’t as strong as I’m sure the manager would like with wingers and forwards. Lanark will need to  rack open the piggy bank.

Defence far too open. Same on Wednesday. Need to tighten up considerably which would result in fewer goals conceded , even if we are not taking chances. 8 goals lost in 3 games is indicative of the need to get back to the drawing board.  Our keeper had to make at least 3 good saves in 2nd half as well as picking the ball out of his own net 3 times.  Their keeper made his first save late in the game so we cannot have totally out played them.  

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Defence far too open. Same on Wednesday. Need to tighten up considerably which would result in fewer goals conceded , even if we are not taking chances. 8 goals lost in 3 games is indicative of the need to get back to the drawing board.  Our keeper had to make at least 3 good saves in 2nd half as well as picking the ball out of his own net 3 times.  Their keeper made his first save late in the game so we cannot have totally out played them.  

No I never said Lanark totally out played them. The first half Lanark were in total control and could easily have been 3 or 4 up if not for poor finishing. Yes I would agree they have been more open in the second half but for me they are going forward more than normal as the front line isn’t as strong as it was. I think with who they have missing they don’t have the depth on the bench to change it up top.  I’m not taking anything away from Neilson they done well to come back.  We go between games I don’t see every game. The first half is the best I have personally seen Lanark playing. Second half not so good but that’s fitba as they say.That’s just my opinion. It’s Larkhall v Bellshill next week for me everyone else away. 

Yoker 2 Lanark 2

Lanark were 2 up with 2 quick goals on 50th  (OG) and 56th minutes. Conceded a very poor goal on 63 minutes and were penalised for not taking the better chances our play deserved when we lost an equaliser with the last kick of the game on 93 minutes.  2 points that should not have been dropped.   Not taking our chances.

I am not a fan of the plastic but this is a good set up, largely helped by not being a cage.

Enjoyed my pie.

38 minutes ago, Thesoccerguy said:

Craigmark conceding another 7 today is a sorry state for a Club with their history , new management clearly not having  the desired affect , probably see Santa before we see them win a game this year , 

You obviously have a vested interest in sticking the boot in.

Maryhill 2 Gow 2

Bit late in due to parking issues, Maryhill 1-0 up before we got in. 

The Gow then equalised and then went ahead. Maryhill equalised before half time.

Maryhill put us under alot of pressure in second half, with the Gow counter attacking sporadically.

The Gow defence held out with Maryhill maybe feeling hard done by. 

All in all a good point, considering the number of players out due to injuries and holidays.  

2 hours ago, lokforever said:

Tough game coming up on Wednesday unbeaten Muirkirk 4 wins out of 4

It will be a good test for us. 

Although it's still early in season and hard to decide form to much. Muirkirk have beaten 4 of the current bottom 5.

We have been playing well despite injuries and holidays. Our resilience from last season is still very evident.

Lanark 1 Larkhall 0

Very close contest decided by one of the rare pieces of quality displayed by either side on the night.

Our keeper had an excellent save in the first half. Very little between the teams 

45 minutes ago, lokforever said:

Impressed with Muirkirk quite nippy going forward missed s lot of chances, more to come from the Gow, took ages to get going.

Definitely the best team we have played this season.