Spfl trust trophy

As fans we wish to see teams who have had successful seasons to be rewarded for thier efforts. The coming seasons SPFL trust trophy have "invited" 6 teams from the lowland league to play. This has caused much angst to 4 of the clubs who finished higher in the league. I know that it's little to clubs in the championship but it is completely wrong on all levels. The SPFL need to have the senior clubs boycotting it and refusing to play until they reward clubs on merit. 

It is a nonsense that the top 5 highlands clubs are in, but teams in the bottom half of the lowland get in instead of the top clubs in that league. Old pals act going on there. 

Glad that the 'international' element has gone, but a pity the B teams (apart from the one that is too important to participate) are still there. Seems bizarre though that Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire invited to participate rather than Cumbernauld, Tranent, Civil Service Strollers and Linlithgow. The clubs passed over may be very unhappy at the loss of a minimum £5k participation fee, when money is so tight in the Lowland. But I guess since participation for non-members is by invitation the SPFL will be immune to legal action. (But not to the opprobrium from fans for a rank bad decision.)

While it’s a step in the right direction to stop inviting non Scottish teams I Still refuse to attend this competition while B teams take part, not that it will bother anyone within the blazerati my boycott of the Challenge Cup remains! 

Happy to see the end to the international teams.
I’ve always enjoyed the Challenge Cup, maybe Stranraer winning it has something to with that.
It has however, became farcical in recent years.   
I’d either go for the addition of all Highland and Lowland teams or non at all and scrap the B teams. 

Can't believe folk are glad to see the back of the non-Scottish teams. We've had trips to Dublin and Oswestry and they've been fantastic. I'd far rather have them than colts and non-league teams.

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Can't believe folk are glad to see the back of the non-Scottish teams. We've had trips to Dublin and Oswestry and they've been fantastic. I'd far rather have them than colts and non-league teams.

This ! Accies at Coleraine last season was superb.

Much rather see the colt teams booted than the Welsh/Irish/English teams. Was never lucky enough to have a trip away with the Albion, but I always felt it would be the diddy version of being in Europe going to these places, and I'm gutted we missed out on this. 

That said, I've nothing against it being an all-Scottish competition as thats how it started, back in the 90s when it was the 'one off' Centenary Cup. Kudos its lasted as long as it has. But the Lowland/Highland teams involved should be there on merit rather than hand picked, because they used to be league teams. I reckon Linlithgow and Tranent would be far better for the tournament than the Shire or Cowdenbeath for example. 

The massive increase in prize money should see the lower teams take things a little more seriously, too. 

A move in the right direction then, but still a couple of silly misfires. 

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Pretty brutal decision by the SPFL not to give the Lowland places on merit.

The lowland league has to now get the b teams out asap.

They do, but they signed up for 2-3 years.

I also don't think getting rid of them would have changed things. This seems more like an old pals act and an eye on self-preservation for future Club 42s that get relegated. 

Consensus especially from the good guys in lower leagues is to get shot of the B team nonsense. 
Is there anything we can actually do about it? Suppose it would need to be the clubs that do something on the supporters behalf.
As ever it’s just so frustrating that the governing bodies refuse to listen to the folk that actually go to games and support the clubs across the country. 

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The Lowland teams can f**k off from this along with their B team pals too. 

If these clubs don't respect the integrity of their own league, why should anyone else?

8 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Consensus especially from the good guys in lower leagues is to get shot of the B team nonsense. 
Is there anything we can actually do about it? Suppose it would need to be the clubs that do something on the supporters behalf.
As ever it’s just so frustrating that the governing bodies refuse to listen to the folk that actually go to games and support the clubs across the country. 

The votes to invite them in have always been close, 2 or 3 clubs switching to No would swing it.

12 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Some of the Lowland League clubs ‘excluded’ from the competition asking the SFA to intervene.

IMG_1146.thumb.jpeg.59c90a7c628ee20b3024756d8d4b12af.jpeg

Hahahaha they can get fucked.

Crying to Mummy because daddy didn't pick them. 

They are 100% correct though, from a financial , sporting fair play perspective but also on the bronze licence position on which the authorities have been so insistent. What a shambles.