Scottish League Cup (Premier Sports Cup) 2024/25

Glad we got Annan, never played them before and my mates have formed a long-distance supporters club for them, so hopefully they will travel up to Dens en masse for the game!

We might get either home to ICT or away to Arbroath as a TV pick, I would imagine...

Being able to tick off Cove Rangers was fun last season, didn't exactly have me desperate to go up there again though.

No new stadiums and probably finishing 2nd to Dunfermline, shite.

Posted (edited)

Shouldn't be too much trouble but not a very interesting group for us, Annan excluded. Only played them once, in the 2009-10 Challenge Cup SF, and never at Galabank so hoping for that.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

20 hours ago, CM. said:

Looking at our groups fixtures last year thats correct aye.

Pot 4 v Pot 2
Pot 5 v Pot 1

Pot 2 v Pot 5
Pot 3 v Pot 4

Pot 5 v Pot 3
Pot 1 v Pot 2

Pot 4 v Pot 5
Pot 3 v Pot 1

Pot 1 v Pot 4
Pot 2 v Pot 3

Don't think that's set in stone, last year Dunfermline (3rd pot) kicked off away to Raith (2nd pot). 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Is it the case you get extra money for TV games or is it all factored into prize money now? 

£18k group stage, £30k thereafter.

Edited by Jamie_M

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Don't think that's set in stone, last year Dunfermline (3rd pot) kicked off away to Raith (2nd pot). 

I don’t think the ordering is necessarily set in stone, but (based on previous seasons) the fixtures are. 

Meh. Slightly disappointed to get Alloa again, but Brechin away could be decent. 

Looking forward to seeing what creative way Saints manage to get knocked out this year.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

That’ll be our pre-season friendly against Alloa getting cancelled since they’re now in our group.

We had a friendly arranged against Forfar last season and then drew them in this cup, both games at Links Park and we were totally humped in both fixtures!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I posted that as an indication of which pot plays which home and away. I know the actual fixture dates differ as we were in pot 4 the last 2 seasons, opening away to Hibs in 2022 but finishing away to Livi in 2023 (both pot 1).

Edited by CM.

5 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I have never really understood why the relegated teams are ranked higher than the promoted teams - just another SPFLism I suppose.

Given it's the league cup then I think I'm with them on this one by basing it on last seasons league standings. 

My initial guesses as to which games will be televised:

Aberdeen v EK

Dabs v Falkirk

Hibs v Kelty

Dundee v Arbroath (if at Gayfield, Dundee v ICT otherwise)

Motherwell v Patrick

Ross County v Raith

The Hibs & Aberdeen games would be for novelty value of the match-ups, the others are probably the most "glamourous" picks available.

Fermers v Morton, Livi v Pars and maybe Dabs v Buckie as potential others, depending on how many will be shown.

Posted (edited)

Assuming the previous fixture ordering is repeated (and no reason why it shouldn't be), I imagine the TV games will probably come from this lot:

Queen of the South v Aberdeen
East Kilbride v Aberdeen
Falkirk v Dundee Utd
Kelty Hearts v Hibs
Elgin City v Hibs
Arbroath v Dundee
Motherwell v Partick Thistle

Edited by The Master

12 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

My initial guesses as to which games will be televised:

Aberdeen v EK

Dabs v Falkirk

Hibs v Kelty

Dundee v Arbroath (if at Gayfield, Dundee v ICT otherwise)

Motherwell v Patrick

Ross County v Raith

The Hibs & Aberdeen games would be for novelty value of the match-ups, the others are probably the most "glamourous" picks available.

Fermers v Morton, Livi v Pars and maybe Dabs v Buckie as potential others, depending on how many will be shown.

Saints away to Brechin - with the Levein and Kirk factor - more likely than this one?

34 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Group B is the champions group. Remarkably it contains the winners of The Championship, League 1, League 2 and Highland League. 

They should play the Champions League music before all the games.