Cost of going to Football (Scottish Championship Edition)

I try not to thing about it. Just keep hitting the contactless card and online ticket purchases and pretend it’s not real money. 

I paid £11 for 2 steak pies and 2 Irn Brus at the Rovers yesterday for my son and I. Which looking through last seasons purchases this is what we paid then as well. Our pies are pretty good so I probably don't really think about the price and it's better than getting McDonalds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2024 at 09:06, DA Baracus said:

It should be in the SPFL rules that tap water is free at all grounds.

Tap water is free in all restaurants but generally they try to sell you the bottle stuff and embarrass you.  

As for cost of following our teams logic does not come in to it.

Recently total cost to go to ICT match and found I spent more on the trip than my Morton season ticket. I dare say I made a weekend of it staying over and meals out.

As for driving costs I would suggest you upgrade to one of the newer lean efficient machines. For my last long haul I got 55 to 60 MPG depending on my speed 60 or 70 M/Hr and I drive a 2.0 L petrol chariot. May be you should slow down a little.

On 03/06/2024 at 22:47, Stuntiethumper said:

QP ticket costs out.

For visitors £22 adult, concession/student £15, £10 U18 and U12 £6. Decent.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/something-for-everyone-season-tickets-24-25/

I don't know if it's a fair comparison but a standard QP season ticket (18 home games in the Scottish Championship) costs the same amount of money as a Beşiktaş season ticket which lets you watch 18 top tier Turkish league home games + minimum 2 Turkish Cup games, + minimum 4 Europa League games (also includes games in possible next stages) in the cheapest but very decent end/behind-the-goal seat at Vodafone Park (Voted as the most beautiful stadium in the world in 2017). I think £310 for a season ticket/£22 for a standard match ticket to watch a Championship game is extortionate. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I don't know if it's a fair comparison but a standard QP season ticket (18 home games in the Scottish Championship) costs the same amount of money as a Beşiktaş season ticket which lets you watch 18 top tier Turkish league home games + minimum 2 Turkish Cup games, + minimum 4 Europa League games (also includes games in possible next stages) in the cheapest but very decent end/behind-the-goal seat at Vodafone Park (Voted as the most beautiful stadium in the world in 2017). I think £310 for a season ticket/£22 for a standard match ticket to watch a Championship game is extortionate. 

Think you'll find that most season tickets for the Bundesliga are cheaper than the Scottish Championship.

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

my one caveat for this would be that incomes in Turkey are generally a lot lower than those in Scotland, so you could argue that stewarding etc etc will cost more here. 
Of course, it's still way too much for what you get, but I don't think many clubs in the championship are raking in huge profits, so I don't see an obvious solution other than collectively agreeing to pay players less, which in turn is unfair on the players.

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Think you'll find that most season tickets for the Bundesliga are cheaper than the Scottish Championship.

Aye but their percentage of income from ticket sales is miniscule. Like the Premier League down south they could pretty much give tickets away for free and still make healthy profits. TV money is a much bigger source of income. 

51 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye but their percentage of income from ticket sales is miniscule. Like the Premier League down south they could pretty much give tickets away for free and still make healthy profits. TV money is a much bigger source of income. 

Exactly this, yet EPL clubs charge £60+ for a single game. Football in england has been completely fucked by greed.

Edited by keyser_soze

Out of interest, what’s the most expensive and least expensive admission prices for adults and concessions?

There used to be a pinned thread on here with that information.

Edited by Scary Bear

3 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Beşiktaş Stadium from the Bosporus. Smashing place.

image.jpeg