Group B 🇪🇸🇭🇷🇮🇹🇦🇱

‘He had his arms around him’

Yes, Jermaine, after the attacker wasn’t looking at the ball at any point and was looking for contact.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A reasonable amount of that is Italy being wasteful too. 

You definitely need the bigger teams to have an off day and luck on your side but you often make your own luck too.

Fair play to the Albanians. Guts, spirit, organisation and a willingness to close down the opposition goes a long way.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Italy do not deserve the win, Albania certainly deserve a point here.

Nope, that's bullshit. 

Italy were dominant in the first half and then did the classic Italian manoeuvre of sitting on a one goal lead and professionally seeing it out/shitting the bed based on how their passive approach tied with luck. Italy are notoriously slow starters - they'll probably get better though.

The strongest team in the tournament so far remain Germany IMO - the most complete looking side among the big hitters so far. Despite this, Scotland's performance remains the worst. 

Germany have far better attacking options and creativity than Italy, but that performance from Albania is more what I expected from us last night, they kept things tight but at least had a go at times and could have sneaked a draw with a bit more luck. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Simao said:

Germany have far better attacking options and creativity than Italy, but that performance from Albania is more what I expected from us last night, they kept things tight but at least had a go at times and could have sneaked a draw with a bit more luck. 

Helps when you have opponent players giving you a tap in from 8 yards tbf.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Italy taking what they can get as they always do. Can be 2-1, 5-1 it's all the same.  Can't see them going the distance based on this. 

Italy are like Real Madrid. Once it reaches the knockout stages teams facing them know they're up against the scabbiest, flukiest, side around and most fold accordingly as they unconsciously will it into existence.

After seeing Germany, Spain, and Italy, it feels like all 3 are better than they were 4 years ago. Holland and Portugal will be interesting to see to.

Fully convinced that England missed their chance to win this trophy in that tournament and have been overtaken again.

Italy are not likely better than their 2021 side. While I expect them to improve, there's an upper limit on their ability - particularly at the back where they can't rely on genuine world beating performance. Chiesa did well but is still sadly a level below the player he was in 2021 before a string of terrible injuries.

Spaletti is a clear upgrade as a coach but I think it's just too early for him to implement a serious level of organisation and performance - even by Italian standards of tactical excellence. Their eyes should really be on actually qualifying for and then going deep in the World Cup. 

Germany and Spain are clearly improved sides which is bad news indeed for Gammonland, who profited from playing one such dogshit big hitter (Germany 2021), as well as Wigtown and Bladnoch then Strathspey Thistle to reach a major tournament final. They'll now likely face two serious tests before the final unless their spawny luck provides for them again. 

Edited by vikingTON

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Didn't realise this was on, I thought it was only the Group A games today.

I was surprised when I checked too...

Albania doing Albania things!