Fair play to Annan for taking us the distance, that's the kind of game we'd have lost under McPake. Already felt pretty assured that they'd be safe in League One this year but I think they'll creep up in my league predictions to at least mid-table, very resilient side.

Pretty sure Main's disallowed goal was onside (whaur's VAR when you need it? 😠) and Murray disappointed with his sharpness despite netting twice, surprising on its face but looks like he ought to have completed the hat-trick at the end of the game.

Will be at my first game of the season on Saturday, looking forward to seeing the lads in person and seeing Big Dunc in action.

Aye, it would be nice to get through an entire Group stage without one honking result for a change. Still don't care about this tournament at all, but I do think it's important in terms of momentum and consistency going into the League season.

I thought our under 17 squad played really well first half against an experienced side with a lot of ex-Championship players in it.  We were the better team in the first half but the final pass/flick was always just a yard the wrong side, or just in the reach of an Arbroath player to get a nick on it to deflect it away.  

Our more experienced players came on at half time and we reverted to type under Ferguson and just constantly played the ball sideways without trying to get in behind.  Arbroath only had 2 outfield subs so played the last ten or so minutes with 10 men due to injuries but we just couldn't find the killer pass to win the game.  Jack Walker took a sore one at a corner, it was hard to tell but it looked like someone landed on top of him and he left the field on a stretcher in a neck brace.

All the penalties from both teams were excellent IMO, save for Longstaff pretending he was at Murrayfield. What is it with Nigels absolutely skying penalties? It must be in their DNA.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I thought our under 17 squad played really well first half against an experienced side with a lot of ex-Championship players in it.  We were the better team in the first half but the final pass/flick was always just a yard the wrong side, or just in the reach of an Arbroath player to get a nick on it to deflect it away.  

Our more experienced players came on at half time and we reverted to type under Ferguson and just constantly played the ball sideways without trying to get in behind.  Arbroath only had 2 outfield subs so played the last ten or so minutes with 10 men due to injuries but we just couldn't find the killer pass to win the game.  Jack Walker took a sore one at a corner, it was hard to tell but it looked like someone landed on top of him and he left the field on a stretcher in a neck brace.

All the penalties from both teams were excellent IMO, save for Longstaff pretending he was at Murrayfield. What is it with Nigels absolutely skying penalties? It must be in their DNA.

We seen an ambulance arriving at the ground from the away stand. Guessing that was for the Caley player. 

18 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

We seen an ambulance arriving at the ground from the away stand. Guessing that was for the Caley player. 

Aye I heard he was taken to Raigmore Hospital to get assessed.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Was it a head injury? 

It was hard to tell, he got flattened by at least one player, possibly two, and was basically lying flat on his back and not moving so I'm guessing it was more his neck than his head.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It was hard to tell, he got flattened by at least one player, possibly two, and was basically lying flat on his back and not moving so I'm guessing it was more his neck than his head.

Obviously very hard to see from where I was. Looked like 2-3 players landed on the floor so I’m guessing the landed on him. If it was a neck then the long delay is completely understandable. What was bizarre tho that the board went up for 10 Minutes injury time……only for the ref to blow up about 2 minutes later 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Obviously very hard to see from where I was. Looked like 2-3 players landed on the floor so I’m guessing the landed on him. If it was a neck then the long delay is completely understandable. What was bizarre tho that the board went up for 10 Minutes injury time……only for the ref to blow up about 2 minutes later 

Yeah there a bewildered murmur around me when the ref blew so quickly too.  Walker's injury happened at 35 minutes, went off 8 minutes later at 43, then the ref seemed to blow about about 8.35 for half time, when it should've been about quarter to 9.  

Just now, TheScarf said:

Yeah there a bewildered murmur around me when the ref blew so quickly too.  Walker's injury happened at 35 minutes, went off 8 minutes later at 43, then the ref seemed to blow about about 8.35 for half time, when it should've been about quarter to 9.  

Then he seemed to find extra time in the 2nd half to add on. 

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Why did a board go up?

In the group stage, there’s only fourth officials at the televised games (the ones on a Premier Sports channel, not the streamed ones). 

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

Why did a board go up?

In the group stage, there’s only fourth officials at the televised games (the ones on a Premier Sports channel, not the streamed ones). 

Don’t know. It was also announced across the tannoy 

I don't think a board went up.  There was no board for subs last night, or on Saturday v Bonnyrigg.

Walker's dad has tweeted saying he's fine and got the all clear.  He took a knock to the neck so was just a precaution to take him to hospital.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Walker's dad has tweeted saying he's fine and got the all clear.  He took a knock to the neck so was just a precaution to take him to hospital.

Great news I thought he was really good yesterday could argue he was our best CB last night. He seemed to fit in really well. 

24 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Good afternoon

Will there be any live stream provided by Dundee tomorrow?

Thanks

It’s live on the Premier Sports app. 

On 24/07/2024 at 09:59, The Master said:

Why did a board go up?

We also got a board up after a lengthy stoppage vs Arbroath in the league last season, rumoured that the ref would want to communicate an extended added time to fans.

There's clearly not a standard protocol cos we've had longer stoppages more recently that haven't been communicated.