League Cup Group A - Dandies, Diamonds, Doonhamers, Sons & EK

15 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I thought Nilsen was very good.

I thought he was fine, but that he also had a few moments.

I’m very conscious I’m feeling unusually subdued about today and coming across a miserable c**t but I just think we’ve a way to go yet. 

Positive side of that is that I’m comfortable with the fact there’s a long way to go. 

Some good individual performances and evidence of some emerging patterns of play in the first half, although nothing particularly revolutionary. I thought Shinnie, Clarkson and McGrath were very good. Sokler has some shortcomings, but takes up positions that should get him chances to score a reasonable amount if he is the starting striker over a full campaign. 

I won't rush to judgement on any of the new signings, but Nilsen did look a bit clunky at times, and a couple of red flags from Molloy. I still think we need to recruit better across the defence if we are going to have a decent season, but I thought that before today anyway. Being an injury to Mackenzie away from having to start McGarry at left-back is a genuinely scary prospect - he looked like he could barely pass the ball two yards when he came on. 

Edited by DrewDon

5 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Aberdeen fans with a flag with Mick Hucknall on it. Gimps. 

"Simply Reds" - pretty good - says it all and gets mentions on forums

20 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

I hate Mick Hucknall. 

I still remember his debut for Fulchester United.

IMG_0121.JPG

By the end of the game Hucknall Out Of Simply Red fluffed three easy chances and never played for Fulchester again, Cardinal Basil Hume was quickly signed as his replacement.

As a voice from the terrace said, "In a sadly ironic echo of his musical career, Mick Hucknall Out Of Simply Red's promising early success has been followed up with a series of lacklustre disappointments".

A bit like Roberto Nditi when he played for us.

Edited by Slipmat

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Interested to see we fare this evening against League 1 opposition. I'll go for 2-0 Sons with goals from Ruth, Gray and McGuffie.

Yep, naturally we could well see our ex players Ruth and McGuffie finding the net against us tonight ... and of course McGuffie only scores "worldies" when he does occasionally find the net.

Mick Hucknall may well be the Antichrist, but he does know good reggae when he hears it, which goes quite a long way in mitigation for me. I preferred the "Dons min" banner though. 

Anyway, the rock dwellers tonight, and I'm looking forward to it! As others have said, it will be a more useful indication of where Queens are.

Can't make it down to the game tonight, but yeah this will be our first real marker for the season ahead ... and like other Queens fans our absence of a goal threat is already potentially concerning - hope I'm proved wrong.

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Can't make it down to the game tonight, but yeah this will be our first real marker for the season ahead ... and like other Queens fans our absence of a goal threat is already potentially concerning - hope I'm proved wrong.

We're always good for conceding in the 1st 5-10 minutes.

3 changes for us. Hoping Hogarth makes the No.1 shirt his from here on in. Harsh on Kennedy but good that Craic is startin. Hopefully does well. McKechnie will no doubt blow his chance. 

IMG-20240716-WA0009.jpg

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Interested to see we fare this evening against League 1 opposition. I'll go for 2-0 Sons with goals from Ruth, Gray and McGuffie.

Cant see it personally