Just now, TheScarf said:

Only the beaks at the SPFL could come up with a competition where it’s possibly for a fucking penalty shootout to be meaningless.

The bonus point isn’t a bad idea in itself. It can make groups a lot more interesting and unpredictable.

I think truly meaningless ones like this are rare. 

Well somehow the fact there was quite literally 0 pressure on any penalty, it somehow made the standard considerably worse. You would have thought the opposite😂. No gripes with that game really in all honestly, my rage still lies with that riddy on Tuesday night at firhill. Could and should have been us shit festing the 0-0.

Edited by Doolan9

Just now, Doolan9 said:

Well somehow the fact there was quite literally 0 pressure on any penalty, it somehow made the standard considerably worse. You would have thought the opposite😂. No gripes with that game really in all honestly, my rage still lies with that riddy on Tuesday night at firhill. Could and should have been us shit festing the 0-0.

Although you could argue we did that anyone funnily enough. 

9 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Not that we were scoring if he played 10 minutes injury time but playing 3 then another sub in injury time then blowing for full time ten seconds early suggests the ref has somewhere to be. 

Hopefully we forfeit the penalties. 

He couldn't stand having to watch any more of our pish...

We had similar in the last group game last year, we had scored a few goals and had several stoppages with subs in the second half and the referee blew on 90 minutes, could've been the difference to if we were seeded or not in the next round, thankfully it wasn't.

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

The bonus point isn’t a bad idea in itself. It can make groups a lot more interesting and unpredictable.

It’s probably less rare than you expect. 

Radio saying Partick Thistle tried to make a sub but the fourth official wouldn't allow it despite the sub being on the team lines, he hadn't noted that fact.

Fucking hell. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Radio saying Partick Thistle tried to make a sub but the fourth official wouldn't allow it despite the sub being on the team lines, he hadn't noted that fact.

Doolan raging about that now 😆

Considering he had to play Chalmers through the middle he had a point.

Partick Thistle went to sub on a striker with 5 minutes left vs Motherwell today

They were told he couldn’t come on as he wasn’t listed on the team sheet.

It turns out the team line was screenshoted on an app and the bottom name was cut off

Scottish football, never change!

😆

25 minutes ago, The Master said:

The pedant in me feels the need to point out that winning the shoot out moved Thistle from 7th best 2nd place side to 5th best 2nd place side. Still out though.

There was an even more meaningless one at Hamilton v Raith yesterday of course, Raith's win ultimately leaving them 6th best 2nd place side.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

2 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Partick Thistle went to sub on a striker with 5 minutes left vs Motherwell today

They were told he couldn’t come on as he wasn’t listed on the team sheet.

It turns out the team line was screenshoted on an app and the bottom name was cut off

Scottish football, never change!

Ironically the potential for this to happen was highlighted to the SPFL on Thursday in a club secretary meeting at Hampden where it was pointed out that if a club names a full compliment of 9 subs, the 9th is printed on a 2nd page on the Comet report as a result of the lines of garbage the Comet system spits out before it prints the teams.

It physically cannot have only missed Thistle's 9th sub though. If both teams had 9 subs then both teams will have had the 9th one on page 2. Doolan said Motherwell had nine subs listed and Thistle had eight. That isn't possible, I assume he's incorrect about Motherwell.

To be fair, as user unfriendly as the Comet reporting system is, the error here is by the refereeing team if they've not looked at page two of the damned report, not by either team or even the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The pedant in me feels the need to point out that winning the shoot out moved Thistle from 7th best 2nd place side to 5th best 2nd place side. Still out though.

There was an even more meaningless one at Hamilton v Raith yesterday of course, Raith's win ultimately leaving them 6th best 2nd place side.

Ironically the potential for this to happen was highlighted to the SPFL on Thursday in a club secretary meeting at Hampden where it was pointed out that if a club names a full compliment of 9 subs, the 9th is printed on a 2nd page on the Comet report as a result of the lines of garbage the Comet system spits out before it prints the teams.

It physically cannot have only missed Thistle's 9th sub though. If both teams had 9 subs then both teams will have had the 9th one on page 2. Doolan said Motherwell had nine subs listed and Thistle had eight. That isn't possible, I assume he's incorrect about Motherwell.

To be fair, as user unfriendly as the Comet reporting system is, the error here is by the refereeing team if they've not looked at page two of the damned report, not by either team or even the SPFL.

Kettlewell said that his 9th sub was listed on the first page so wasn't sure why Partick Thistle's wasn't, I thought?

Edited by Ludo*1

Sub-gate is better than anything that was on the park today.

Woeful game of football.

Sorry you all didn't even get to laugh at us getting fucked out for a completely rotten performance.

i guess Kettledraw does it again and we end up with a better draw than we did being seeded last season. The magic of the cup.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kettlewell said that his 9th sub was listed on the first page so wasn't sure why Partick Thistle's wasn't, I thought?

I don't believe him. It's not possible to fit 9 subs on the front page and the report lines the 9th sub slots up against one another. If Thistle's 9th sub was on p2 (which it would have been, there's only space for 19 players on the first page) then so would Motherwell's have been.

To be fair, what we're discussing here is the email the app sends out automatically once teams are confirmed. The app itself doesn't use "pages", it scrolls up and down like any other app and you'd look at the two teams separately on it but if the match officials chose to screenshot it and made an arse of Thistle's in not covering the whole bench (there's plenty room on the screen for 9 names) then that's on them, not the app itself.