Plastic Pitches Dilemma

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, virginton said:

Spare seats clearly wouldn't pose an issue for Livingston's travelling fanbase, but here we are. 

Meanwhile the vast majority of the spectators do not need to mewl about leg room, and also aren't watching the game from a Legoland dump located next to a parade of roundabouts. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

IMG_20240228_202524.thumb.jpg.1bf692807090b064a0fdac0cc320feb8.jpg

I'll play your game of make believe then, our travelling support of 5,000 doesn't give me any room to man spread.

Right getting back to reality, outside of virginton* world, even if we only took 50 fans to Cappielow there wouldn't be enough room to sit comfortably in their cramped seats with no leg room.

*didn't know the mods had put in a v i k i n g t o n feature.:lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 02/06/2024 at 13:08, Mediocre Pundit said:

I’d also go further on broadcasting bit - clubs should be forced to fill the bits of the stadium that tv cameras face first. We often have games with decent crowds but stadium looks empty on TV. 

This is just unworkable.  Say you do this at Firhill, how are you filling that stand the away fans currently occupy? 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'll play your game of make believe then, our travelling support of 5,000 doesn't give me any room to man spread.

Right getting back to reality, outside of virginton* world, even if we only took 50 fans to Cappielow there wouldn't be enough room to sit comfortably in their cramped seats with no leg room.

*didn't know the mods had put in a v i k i n g t o n feature.:lol:

I find it a lot easier to put the absolute fucking melt of a loser on ignore 🤣

59 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

This is just unworkable.  Say you do this at Firhill, how are you filling that stand the away fans currently occupy? 

I’ve responded to this earlier I think - I wouldn’t necessarily move fans, in the case of Firhill I’d make us use the old gantry in the main stand for cameras. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I’ve responded to this earlier I think - I wouldn’t necessarily move fans, in the case of Firhill I’d make us use the old gantry in the main stand for cameras. 

Ideally we would film from the Main Stand looking at the JHS, which is a far more impressive structure to look at, but I’m not sure the Main Stand has a suitable gantry position for it to work any more. You’d possibly need to stick someone on the roof to get an angle that isn’t pretty much ground level.

Just another unfortunate circumstance of Firhill’s lopsided layout.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Ideally we would film from the Main Stand looking at the JHS, which is a far more impressive structure to look at, but I’m not sure the Main Stand has a suitable gantry position for it to work any more. You’d possibly need to stick someone on the roof to get an angle that isn’t pretty much ground level.

Just another unfortunate circumstance of Firhill’s lopsided layout.

Yeah, get that it’s maybe a challenge - but think it’s something clubs should work towards (not saying build a new stand for a better gantry - more that it should be a consideration)

I had assumed we’d have something suitable in the main stand, purely because I assume we filmed from it before the JH was built and can’t imagine we’ve ever removed it. 

3 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Yeah, get that it’s maybe a challenge - but think it’s something clubs should work towards (not saying build a new stand for a better gantry - more that it should be a consideration)

I had assumed we’d have something suitable in the main stand, purely because I assume we filmed from it before the JH was built and can’t imagine we’ve ever removed it. 

Going back to before the modern JHS was built, games were still filmed from that side. Even in the old Shed & terracing setup it seems the gantry was better positioned on that side than it ever has been in the Main Stand.

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Going back to before the modern JHS was built, games were still filmed from that side. Even in the old Shed & terracing setup it seems the gantry was better positioned on that side than it ever has been in the Main Stand.

Ah, really - I must have manufactured memories then, I can totally remember watching games from the main stand side. Maybe just because I sat in the main stand with my dad, or from the season the JH was being built. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Ah, really - I must have manufactured memories then, I can totally remember watching games from the main stand side. Maybe just because I sat in the main stand with my dad, or from the season the JH was being built. 

We will have definitely recorded games from the Main Stand at some point. I'm sure there was a gantry up there - haven't been in that stand for years though, so no idea if it's still there, and if so when it was last used.

But I do remember that even when the JHS was under construction they still recorded highlights from that side. Thinking back to the famous Gerry Collins touchline ban incident while the JH was being built, Scotsport's highlights were still filmed from there.

Edited by Nightmare