Boness United 2024/25

I was not there but I spoke to someone who was.   In short they couldn't get volunteers for a committee.  

It had been a well run bus over the years thanks to the hard work and efforts of the previous committee members. A big Thank You to them all.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I was not there but I spoke to someone who was.   In short they couldn't get volunteers for a committee.  

It had been a well run bus over the years thanks to the hard work and efforts of the previous committee members. A big Thank You to them all.

That is a real shame and will impact Bo’ness United greatly as it will all other teams in the league in gate money when we visit .

Well done to all the guys involved over the years , you’ve done great job .

Several posts today (on the old thread !!!!) following the announcement that the BU's will be in The Junior Cup this year.

It's a big YAHOO from me as it will (hopefully) mean some extra games........and for me that's the bottom line on should we/shouldn't we.

Hopefully other LL and East Clubs will fancy it as well.

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:

Several posts today (on the old thread !!!!) following the announcement that the BU's will be in The Junior Cup this year.

It's a big YAHOO from me as it will (hopefully) mean some extra games........and for me that's the bottom line on should we/shouldn't we.

Haha didn't youse always used to moan about the Sjfa shafting you in junior cup.   What a desperate move entering that.

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:

Oh Rosey, you are awful.

Don't worry the Athletic express will be along soon to takeover Newtown and be the main team in the town.  BU dying, can't even manage a supporters club.  Only a matter of time now.

32 minutes ago, Rosey1889 said:

Don't worry the Athletic express will be along soon to takeover Newtown and be the main team in the town.  BU dying, can't even manage a supporters club.  Only a matter of time now.

Rosey, even by your incredibly poor standards that is absolute drivel. 

E minus :- must do better.

Well, we managed to get to page three before some numpty from Lithgy came for a fishing trip. The ironic bit was his punt about the decline of the BU’s. Pot/kettles? Lithgy have been on a steady decline for years. 

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I can’t imagine the LL will displace league games on a Saturday for the Junior Cup?

8 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I can’t imagine the LL will displace league games on a Saturday for the Junior Cup?

Would imagine not, BU would have to concede the points if a clash.

6 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I can’t imagine the LL will displace league games on a Saturday for the Junior Cup.

The closing date for guest clubs in the wee Scottish was yesterday.  If the BU 's are the only LL team who applied we could have a problem.

Let's wait and see what transpires.

Athletic going from strength to strength and building for the future, meanwhile United can't get a supporters club organised are back in the Junior Cup!

Progress indeed

8 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Take this patter to the Athletic thread that I'm sure is thriving with their dedicated fans.

While your dwindling fanbase just dream about days gone by in the good old juniors. Good stuff 

Edited by Spyro

9 minutes ago, Spyro said:

While your dwindling fanbase just dream about days gone by in the good old juniors. Good stuff 

Maybe they'll try and play their u20/Development squad?

Certainly going to be a busy early part of the season with the midweeks the Lowland League use to get ahead of fixtures. The SPFL Trust Trophy, Qualifying Cup 2nd Round at Jeanfield. Scottish Cup, SCC and now the Junior Cup.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

8 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I would say you're better than this boring patter, but you've proven time and again that's not the case.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Maybe they'll try and play their u20/Development squad?

Certainly going to be a busy early part of the season with the midweeks the Lowland League use to get ahead of fixtures. The SPFL Trust Trophy, Qualifying Cup 2nd Round at Jeanfield. Scottish Cup, SCC and now the Junior Cup.

I doubt they've even thought about the actual logistics of it. Saw the bright lights of the good old days and bit hard! Just like Mr Rage... 

Edited by Spyro

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

I doubt they've even thought about the actual logistics of it. Saw the bright lights of the good old days and bit hard! Just like Mr Rage... 

Not bitten at all, just find the endless "oh athletic" stuff really boring. Adds nothing to what is generally one of the better Lowland League threads

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

I suppose that's another part of it with so many teams sharing the ground.