31/8

21/9

19/10

23/11

14/12

18/1/25 (q/final)

Date TBC - Semi/final

1sr June 2025 Final.

So POTENTIALLY an extra 5 games to be squeezed in before Xmas.

The big negative about this would be fitting in the games before Xmas - but hopefully the Lowland League fixtures are spread out more than last season so we don't end up finishing the season at Easter.

1 minute ago, aidan-bufc said:

The big negative about this would be fitting in the games before Xmas - but hopefully the Lowland League fixtures are spread out more than last season so we don't end up finishing the season at Easter.

Final round of SPFL2 is 03/05/2025.

So the Lowland League will have to be finished by the weekend of 19/04/2025.

11 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Will be some laugh when the players get back from their holiday and find out

The announced was made after the players had returned to pre season training.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's that knackered then 😅

13 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Will be some laugh when the players get back from their holiday and find out

Good news for you, as far as I've heard the management and players didn't need convincing about entering. 

And as Aiden says if anyone is still on their holidays they might be in trouble since training started back a week ago.

1 minute ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Good news for you, as far as I've heard the management and players didn't need convincing about entering. 

And as Aiden says if anyone is still on their holidays they might be in trouble since training started back a week ago.

That's nice, just need to convince your Lowland League opponents to move fixtures around it now. Baby steps 🙂

17 minutes ago, Spyro said:

That's nice, just need to convince your Lowland League opponents to move fixtures around it now. Baby steps 🙂

No way would I give up a home game on a Saturday to accommodate this if I was I charge of a LL club. Away game, maybe be a bit more accommodating as it’s their gate.

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Potentially Idol and players training for weeks without a game if get to a final.  What could go wrong.

1 hour ago, Rosey1889 said:

Potentially Idol and players training for weeks without a game if get to a final.  What could go wrong.

With the strength of the WoSFL top divisions the chances of the BU's getting to a final are very small.

I honestly don't think we will need to worry about being idle for 6 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

With the strength of the WoSFL top divisions the chances of the BU's getting to a final are very small.

Shouldn't be in it in the first place.  A step back to the good old bad days.

18 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I see there's whispers on the WoS forum that Tranent have apparently entered as well. Will certainly be interesting to see if any other Lowland League sides have gone for it.

I’d personally like all old junior clubs to continue competing in the junior cup regardless of the level the clubs get promoted/relegated too, due to how much I loved the games.

Itll never happen and it’d be a nightmare for arranging fixtures right enough.

28 minutes ago, aidan-bufc said:

I’d personally like all old junior clubs to continue competing in the junior cup regardless of the level the clubs get promoted/relegated too, due to how much I loved the games.

Itll never happen and it’d be a nightmare for arranging fixtures right enough.

If you have a decent number of LL teams entering, there would be the solution of having their fixtures between each other move to midweek.

If we play Tranent home and away on a Wednesday that's two weekends opened up. But we'll just have to wait and see.

My dream would be the lowland league cup getting abandoned and being replaced by an open competition for the junior cup, anyone from Tier 5 down in the country can enter.

On 22/06/2024 at 16:05, Deanburn Dave said:

Why enter if that's the view?

For me the big problem is when would these games be played?  Snr fixtures always take precedence over Jnr and as such any clash of dates could be a real issue.

Whilst my heart says Linlithgow should've entered my head says the opposite.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Why enter if that's the view?

For me the big problem is when would these games be played?  Snr fixtures always take precedence over Jnr and as such any clash of dates could be a real issue.

Whilst my heart says Linlithgow should've entered my head says the opposite.

Why does any team enter any competition? Got to be in it to win it regardless of the odds.

The fixture clash is a big issue, but if three Lowland League sides have decided to go for it then the fixtures theoretically are fairly easy to resolve with a bit of thought to the scheduling. Theoretically and thought being the key parts there!