Boness United 2024/25

Better than Saturday, but that was a low bar to achieve. Duffy looks like there's a player there which is a positive and first half I thought we were good for the lead.

Second half became a bit of a training exercise, game lost a bit of tempo, especially once the subs started rolling.

Don't know what went on with the (very) young team. If they're to become a regular thing it wouldn't be the worst thing to have a a bit of noise in the ground.

Preseason game where the BU's lacked intensity in much of their play.  They can play better than that.

Macaulay and Irving return which is pleasing as they are quality players.

Ryan Stevenson not there last night which was a miss.

New centrehalf Duffy needs games to sharpen up.  

Gregor Nicol from East Fife will be a good loan signing. Pace and skill.  Not afraid to take on opponents.

Ultras were about 15 lads aged 10-13 with a drum, loudhailer and a few flags.   Will annoy some fans and be welcomed by others .   

Personally I am okay with it..........as long as they are 30 plus yards away from me.

Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on their behaviour but any group of young kids looking to come along and make an atmosphere should be welcomed. If a banging drum bothers people they do have the option to move along a bit.

Ofcourse they do have to behave themselves.

1 hour ago, aidan-bufc said:

Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on their behaviour but any group of young kids looking to come along and make an atmosphere should be welcomed. If a banging drum bothers people they do have the option to move along a bit.

Ofcourse they do have to behave themselves.

They should be welcomed because as time goes by they become long time supporters.

8 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ultras were about 15 lads aged 10-13 with a drum, loudhailer and a few flags.   Will annoy some fans and be welcomed by others .   

Personally I am okay with it..........as long as they are 30 plus yards away from me.

Aye can agree they can become a bit irritating at times when you’re too close to them, but at least the wains are finding something to do in Bo’ness, last game of the season last season they turned up and hunts was saying in interviews how much he appreciated the wee guys coming along and trying to make an atmosphere. Hopefully they don’t come and bring pyros etc and ruin the game for other spectators, yesterday they were asked to move out of the shelter for simply being too loud for the happy clappers. I hope this doesn’t effect them coming to future games 

There's a balance to be had with the young team. Unfortunately we spoiled it at Kelty after hounding about 20 of them out for using a drum & being too noisy (some choice songs at times too right enough). As long as it's not pros etc they should be welcomed. I certainly miss the added atmosphere at NCP.

On 05/07/2024 at 19:56, Ginaro said:

What do you plan on doing on 21st September when you are meant to be playing in the Junior Cup second round and away to Gala in the league?

Same as camelon. Forfeit cup game 

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Same as camelon. Forfeit cup game 

I’m going to assume both the SJFA and Bo’ness would’ve seen this coming and come to some sort of arrangement. Whether the opposing teams put up with it remains to be seen.

Junior Cup

Someone asked a committee man about this last week and was told it was cheap to enter and there's decent prize money if they get far in the competition.   (this makes sense)

The committee man also said that in the event of a fixture clash they would rope in under 20's and field two teams.   (this gives me the fear on a few levels)

4 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Junior Cup

Someone asked a committee man about this last week and was told it was cheap to enter and there's decent prize money if they get far in the competition.   (this makes sense)

The committee man also said that in the event of a fixture clash they would rope in under 20's and field two teams.   (this gives me the fear on a few levels)

I certainly would not like for BU to go down that route .

Totally disrespectful to opponents and I would certainly be angry with the committee if they do this .

They should have a serious look at themselves and maybe should take the views of supporters seriously .

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Gregor Nicol from East Fife will be a good loan signing. Pace and skill.  Not afraid to take on opponents.

How long is Gregor's loan ? Can't see it announced anywhere.

I like Gregor, good skilful young player with a great left foot. Was a bit disappointing he didn't get more game time with us last season, was surprised he signed on again.

What I like about Gregor is he is prepared to try and take on defenders even though it doesn't always pay off.   As a fan I would rather he tried that and lost the ball in the opposition half than playing safe and play a backwards ball slowing down the game.  It's all about risk/reward........ and (hopefully) some excitement !!

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

What I like about Gregor is he is prepared to try and take on defenders even though it doesn't always pay off.   As a fan I would rather he tried that and lost the ball in the opposition half than playing safe and play a backwards ball slowing down the game.  It's all about risk/reward........ and (hopefully) some excitement !!

He's been playing as a trialist then ?

7 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

He's been playing as a trialist then ?

Em, no comment......it may have not been Gregor Nicol who was on the pitch as a trialist ......but someone who looks identical to him with a similar name like Greig Ornicol.    

Let's not get bogged down with the details and technicalities.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Em, no comment......it may have not been Gregor Nicol who was on the pitch as a trialist ......but someone who looks identical to him with a similar name like Greig Ornicol.    

Let's not get bogged down with the details and technicalities.

🙈🙉🙊