Boness United 2024/25

Enjoyed your ground and the game yesterday. From your point of view, I felt you had two or three spells during the game in which you had us under a bit of pressure but never really got the impression that we were clinging on. Think the best chance actually came from your player robbing one of our centre backs on the edge of our box rather than a moment of magic. 

Thought we played well without being anywhere near our best. Well taken second goal and should have scored a few more after the penalty to make it three. No chance was our first goal offside but it did look like a clear handball in the build up. 

All the best for the season ahead. 

35 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A home tie against a West League 2 (tier 8) team is decent. Kilsyth Rangers finished 5th in that league last season.

away to Gala Fairydean Rovers.

32 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

St Roch's v Tranent .......so a second LL team entered the fray.

home to Gretna 2008

Both BU & Tranent got byes to the 2nd Round of the SCC which means 14/09 isn't going to be free. At least the home/away worked out so its just a divided fanbase and weakened teams being put out unless dates can be rearranged.

22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

away to Gala Fairydean Rovers.

home to Gretna 2008

Both BU & Tranent got byes to the 2nd Round of the SCC which means 14/09 isn't going to be free. At least the home/away worked out so its just a divided fanbase and weakened teams being put out unless dates can be rearranged.

How can BU or Tranent play 2 games at same time ?

I can’t see anything anywhere that allows this .

1 minute ago, seenitall said:

Someone earlier said trying to use the Development team. 

Don't think there's anything that bars it from happening. I know Stirling Uni have technically had to do it with university commitments. 

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Someone earlier said trying to use the Development team. 

Don't think there's anything that bars it from happening. I know Stirling Uni have technically had to do it with university commitments. 

I know Stirling Uni played 2 games on the same day but not at the same time .

7 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Maybe their opponents will agree to a date change?

On 13/07/2024 at 16:25, Deanburn Dave said:

Positives :- BU's looked a bit fitter today.   It didn't rain. 

Negatives:- Too many.  We need the goalkeeper to show a better level of performance.    We need a traditional centre forward who can pair up with Mitchell.        Defending has been poor.      Midfield is not functioning properly.        Attack has struggled to create chances against decent defences.

Don't think Hamilton and Rutherford have done enough to merit new contracts.

Think Hamilton is a useful backup and should be retained, Rutherford is beyond done though, couldn't even last half a half at the weekend

20 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Think Hamilton is a useful backup and should be retained, Rutherford is beyond done though, couldn't even last half a half at the weekend

Wasn’t injured apparently went off to be sick.

2-0 at halftime.

Two good finishes by Malcolm but other than the goals he hasn't done much. 

Good:- Stevenson, Duffy and Hawkeye.

Bad :- JJ (slows the game down unnecessarily ) and Hamilton (keeps finding players in blue.....but the BU's are in orange tonight)

Plenty of room for improvement.