Boness United 2024/25

Wasn't at the AGM but I don't think it's the first time the pricing has been raised by members either, with the committee being reluctant to raise it in the past. Applications for membership available now if you want a say next year (I really need to sign up)

41 minutes ago, Costa Crookies said:

Think it’s time to agree the price increase has been well discussed, and it’s time to start worrying about Stirling University. 

Always a difficult game but getting them early on before they get their squad sorted might be to our advantage. Hope he gets the one or two players he mentioned in his interview comes off.

4 hours ago, boheesian said:

Always a difficult game but getting them early on before they get their squad sorted might be to our advantage. Hope he gets the one or two players he mentioned in his interview comes off.

Their term doesn’t start until September, so maybe an advantage there. Always an interesting first few weeks to see how the team settles.

My "Electric Lemonade" (Blue home kit) top has arrived and I can confirm it looks absolutely brilliant in person, even better than on the site tbh. Definitely going to be a controversial one among the BU faithful but I really like it!

1 hour ago, bigwullieac said:

My "Electric Lemonade" (Blue home kit) top has arrived and I can confirm it looks absolutely brilliant in person, even better than on the site tbh. Definitely going to be a controversial one among the BU faithful but I really like it!

Hoping to see a few away tops going about on Saturday so I can make my mind up on both tops. 

Do the BU make anything off the shirt sales or do RJM just sponsor the team in return?

4 hours ago, Costa Crookies said:

Their term doesn’t start until September, so maybe an advantage there. Always an interesting first few weeks to see how the team settles.

Wonder if anyone has analysed Stirling Uni’s results over the years (for example) the first six weeks compared to the rest of the season.

If the results are substantially poorer at the start, it’s a real issue that seems to get swept under the carpet a little, although I know it does get mentioned a little on the forum.

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Wonder if anyone has analysed Stirling Uni’s results over the years (for example) the first six weeks compared to the rest of the season.

If the results are substantially poorer at the start, it’s a real issue that seems to get swept under the carpet a little, although I know it does get mentioned a little on the forum.

Given how sports centric Stirling is, I know football students were often there far before teaching started, especially as they were signed on scholarships to play football. Edinburgh who I imagine have more walk on players from non scholarship students might be a different story.

Just now, Nicholas Rage said:

Given how sports centric Stirling is, I know football students were often there far before teaching started, especially as they were signed on scholarships to play football. Edinburgh who I imagine have more walk on players from non scholarship students might be a different story.

Fair point, my only experience is the last couple of seasons, and I don’t recall them have terrible starts either year (Stirling that is) but my memory might be wrong.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Fair point, my only experience is the last couple of seasons, and I don’t recall them have terrible starts either year (Stirling that is) but my memory might be wrong.

After 8 games the last two seasons..

Hopefully the BU match their good starts to the last two seasons.

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

1 hour ago, aidan-bufc said:

After 8 games the last two seasons..

Hopefully the BU match their good starts to the last two seasons.

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

Cheers, looks like that is 23/24 and 21/22.

Quick comparison of Uni of Stirling before and after 8 games;

23/24

1st 8 games:  8 points from 8 (1 point per game)

Next 26 games: 38 points from 26 (1.46 points per game)

21/22

1st 8 games: 10 points from 8 (1.25 PPG)

Next 26 games: 35 points from 26 (1.35 PPG)

To be fair, I’ve not looked at who they played in those 1st 8 games. That could make a difference in either direction.

Looks like for 22/23 they started off pretty well and kept that going all season as well.

Conclusion: I don’t know, but reckon you have a bit of advantage playing them now. 😀

23 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Those stats would suggest you're spot on @Cowdenleith

To be fair the scholarship footballers when I was at Stirling did spend the first months getting smashed and trying to shag everything that moved, that may affect their performance more than anything!

Must keep an eye on their subs warming up on Saturday. The guys in the 100 Club could be in for a thrill.

27 minutes ago, PintOfTheUsual said:

Rutherford contract extension good news if he can stay fit…

I am really REALLY surprised at this contract extension for 2 reasons:-

1) When fit he rarely manages 90 minutes 

2) He is often absent due to an injury 

DD

p.s. Keir Macaulay is the best left back in the league.

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am really REALLY surprised at this contract extension for 2 reasons:-

1) When fit he rarely manages 90 minutes 

2) He is often absent due to an injury 

DD

p.s. Keir Macaulay is the best left back in the league.

Ditto Keir Macaulay. A poster last year did warn us that Rutherford was a good signing provided he could stay fit but he missed a lot of games. Would have liked Hamilton to resign.

Anyway good luck to the BU’s tomorrow - yes DD posted missing on holiday.

3 hours ago, PintOfTheUsual said:

Rutherford contract extension good news if he can stay fit…

Haven’t seen anything that says this is good news but hope to be proven wrong.