Boness United 2024/25

3 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Goalies at this level (and in general tbh) tend to be a gamble. We've been lucky with Murphy and Musa recently. In the hypothetical that you get offered a young goalie on loan from Hibs or to sign one from Kelty, there's pros and cons to both. We've got Campbell, he can train and develop with this group and potentially be there longer term. Every chance if the Hibs goalie does well at CCS he'll be gone in January on loan to a team further up the chain.

Aye we will just wait for more goals being shipped .

29 conceded in 13 games is piss poor .

5 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Good to hear Jambo'ness in fine form in the video. Really great video though, not keen on these football youtubers as a lot of them are clout chasing idiots who dont really care too much about the actual teams theyre featuring unless its the Man uniteds of the world but have to say Sam North clearly isnt one of them

11 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Good to hear Jambo'ness in fine form in the video. Really great video though, not keen on these football youtubers as a lot of them are clout chasing idiots who dont really care too much about the actual teams theyre featuring unless its the Man uniteds of the world but have to say Sam North clearly isnt one of them

Was going to give this 10/10 but after getting to the end and seeing he went into the enclosure but we didnt get a Jambo or Deanburn Dave cameo I'm gonna have to dock a point 😂

2 hours ago, seenitall said:

Aye we will just wait for more goals being shipped .

29 conceded in 13 games is piss poor .

I mean they've already signed another goalie (who I said previously we'll probably see again Sunday) and they've had third playing games on trial in the last few weeks. It's not as if they've signed Campbell and gone well that's it he's the keeper.

12 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I mean they've already signed another goalie (who I said previously we'll probably see again Sunday) and they've had third playing games on trial in the last few weeks. It's not as if they've signed Campbell and gone well that's it he's the keeper.

They signed Campbell as the No 1 keeper . By all accounts they never saw him play , may be true or untrue but if they didn’t see him then they took a massive chance in having him as No 1 .

This hasn’t worked as we all can see and in desperation BU have been seeking another keeper .

i understand that he’s young , needs a chance etc etc but we cannot go shipping goals , not all caused by him but quite a few now .

its there to be seen that the defence are reluctant to pass back and frustration is clearly setting in resulting in the bookings we are receiving this season . 

14 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

Have to agree with you there. When my son was 10 or 11, he started watching these guys and they were all just like you said, however I started to like Sam and eventually could see that he was different and genuinely seemed to care about football at the lower levels and was actually trying to drum up more interest and awareness, rather than just try and promote himself. Good video, another interesting watch by Sam.

42 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Game off at 2pm , well that was a waste of time , only half an hour away .

They knew the forecast for today .

Why didn’t they say there would be a further pitch inspection at 2 instead of confirming the games was definitely on and the pitch is playable. What a joke 

Won't have helped that there was a game played on it yesterday, so pitch was probably already a mess before the rain started again.

Sooner Broomhill or whatever they are called now are drop kicked into the sea the better. They bring absolutely nothing to the party and can only imagine/speculate why their owners still think it's a worthwhile cause 

10 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Won't have helped that there was a game played on it yesterday, so pitch was probably already a mess before the rain started again.

Guaranteed if it was an SPFL match it would've been on today though. Feel for the Bo'ness fans who've travelled. 

I heard the game was on at 11.30 but was not surprised when I got there at 2.00 to find out it was off. Given the weather forecast it was always likely. I don't know if there's any provision for looking ahead at the likely conditions nearer the kick off

1 hour ago, To B or not B said:

Is the rain different in the SPFL?

Naw but would you be going out yer way to get it playable for a team yer not associated with. A lot of damage would've been done yesterday,would only get worse today. Given they'll get a rental fee I certainly wouldn't be busting a gut. 

Edited by newcastle broon

I know the weather was bad and it was played on yesterday, but it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. They'll be desperate for a bit of dry weather and some decent growth. Was wet today but shouldn't stop a pitch draining this time of year