Boness United 2024/25

1 hour ago, JCScouting said:

It's been a good game so far both teams having chances. Well taken inswinging corner for your goal.

Managed to actually grace the ducket side, and watched the game with mk1 eyeballs 

I'm sorry but all I saw was route 1 attempted football, I don't even recall the BU keeper being tested. There was plenty of running but lack of psychical strength.

I had hoped to see a bit more play, instead of keep passing back to Antell.

For all the attacking signing, no-one but no-one tested the keeper

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The winner of the BU v Kilsyth Rangers Junior Cup game on Sunday have a home game v Ardrossan Winton Rovers in the next round.

Looks like your cup this year. Look after it please. It doesn't like being away from the Talbot social club for this long.

Interview with Hunter up on the BU facebook page. Includes an injury update. 

"We seem to have been missing a lot of players in recent weeks due to injury/availability issues, can you see that easing soon?"

"SH - Yes, hoping to have Kieran Mitchell back in the next few days as well as Gregor Nicol, Shaun Rutherford looks to be another 3-4 weeks away as he has injured the ligaments in his knee. It’s the reason you carry a good squad but it does hurt when you lose several key players at once. I can’t complain as we went through last season with minimal injuries."

14 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

Interview with Hunter up on the BU facebook page. Includes an injury update. 

"We seem to have been missing a lot of players in recent weeks due to injury/availability issues, can you see that easing soon?"

"SH - Yes, hoping to have Kieran Mitchell back in the next few days as well as Gregor Nicol, Shaun Rutherford looks to be another 3-4 weeks away as he has injured the ligaments in his knee. It’s the reason you carry a good squad but it does hurt when you lose several key players at once. I can’t complain as we went through last season with minimal injuries."

Rutherford has no luck. most of his career stopping and starting due to injuries. real shame cause the abilities there 

1 hour ago, shush10 said:

Rutherford has no luck. most of his career stopping and starting due to injuries. real shame cause the abilities there 

Yip, he was the same at Tranent, plenty ability but seem to be made of chocolate. 

33 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I do understand it's their prerogative, but shame the league wouldn't move the Celtic game despite both sides agreeing and us moving a game for the same side last year.

If Celtic had asked for it to be moved, you can bet your bottom dollar it would be moved. Double Standards in this League regarding B Teams 😡

39 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I do understand it's their prerogative, but shame the league wouldn't move the Celtic game despite both sides agreeing and us moving a game for the same side last year.

4 minutes ago, half wit said:

If Celtic had asked for it to be moved, you can bet your bottom dollar it would be moved. Double Standards in this League regarding B Teams 😡

Sorry guys, totally disagree.

Take away for a minute that it’s Celtic B and say that instead Bo’ness are due to play Tranent, Cowdenbeath or some other team that brings fans to away games. You want us to come midweek on some freezing night instead of a Saturday afternoon to accommodate you playing in a cup competition that should probably be put to bed?  

I don’t see how that’s is fair. Convince me otherwise….

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Sorry guys, totally disagree.

Take away for a minute that it’s Celtic B and say that instead Bo’ness are due to play Tranent, Cowdenbeath or some other team that brings fans to away games. You want us to come midweek on some freezing night instead of a Saturday afternoon to accommodate you playing in a cup competition that should probably be put to bed?  

I don’t see how that’s is fair. Convince me otherwise….

I wouldn't argue with that at all. Say however Tranent or Cowdenbeath had asked us to move a game last year, we agreed and the league agreed so we did it. Then this year the other team asked, the teams agreed and it was turned down? 

Because that is the situation we're in. By all accounts BU are fine with it, but it's a bit shit that we agreed to help out Celtic B last year, they have then kindly agreed to return the favour this year and the only reason it's not happening is the league have said no. Which is where @half wit has a point.

Edit: and that's us just back from Berwick midweek for the third time in four seasons. If thats fine to be regularly scheduled fixture Bo'ness to Airdrie should be an ok journey.

Edited by Nicholas Rage

1 hour ago, half wit said:

The B teams do have some special rules that let them cancel games. That comes from the agreement.

34 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Because that is the situation we're in. By all accounts BU are fine with it, but it's a bit shit that we agreed to help out Celtic B last year, they have then kindly agreed to return the favour this year and the only reason it's not happening is the league have said no. Which is where @half wit has a point.

The league agreed to Tranent v. Gretna being moved to mid-week. If that was allowed when two teams agreed, what changed in the Bo'ness v. Celtc instance?

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The league agreed to Tranent v. Gretna being moved to mid-week. If that was allowed when two teams agreed, what changed in the Bo'ness v. Celtc instance?

I heard last week that the league had turned it down, Hunter himself has said in an interview this week that the league rejected it despite both member clubs agreeing. Can only assume it's the junior cup that's the problem.

For what it's worth, I'll be skipping Celtic B tomorrow anyway for some piping hot Sunday Scottish Junior Cup action!

11 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Will you play an under 20s team on Sunday? Or try and play a strong squad both games. 

Bizarre situation to be in

Bizarre made by their own making.  Entering a competition that by the SJFA rules they don't even qualify for.

Nobody should be moving games to accommodate a dead competition from bygone days.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The B teams do have some special rules that let them cancel games. That comes from the agreement.

Probably because the game was switched to it being a Gretna home game and they didn’t have to travel to Tranent midweek.

8 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Will you play an under 20s team on Sunday? Or try and play a strong squad both games. 

Bizarre situation to be in

To my understanding there’s only 3 or 4 Bo’ness u20’s players playing on Sunday. Most of our first team are still playing, most of which will have to play the 2 games during this weekend as we don’t actually have that many players to rotate the squad too much. Really bizarre!