Boness United 2024/25

5 hours ago, Marooneye said:

Totally on the mark here.  Mental decision to enter a dead competition and moan about other clubs not accommodating them.

To clear this up, both teams agreed to move our lowland league fixture as we had agreed to move a game for Celtic B previously when they were in a sticky position. The other club literally accommodated it, it was the league that stepped in and said no. I'd have had no issues if we were playing a side that didn't agree to move the game but in this instance, the other club did accommodate.

We regularly move the Rose games at Christmas / new year and Tranent and Gretna moved a game from a Saturday to a Tuesday night only a couple of weeks ago, it's not like this is a completely new situation (and far less impact on fans than changing that fixture!)

WIth that in mind, it's disappointing that the game wasn't moved on this occasion. That said, I think everyone had fun, players were bang up for it and the attendance from BU and Kilsyth fans suggests there's an appetite for the competition.

Lowland Board quite correct in not allowing a fixture change to accommodate a game in the Junior Cup, whether both clubs agree. There is an argument that teams at Tier 5 have allowed in  a Trojan Horse by even sanctioning these games.  Pretty sure SPFL wouldn't sanction  for example Kelty or Bonnyrigg to participate . Correct me if I am wrong , but when in EOS  in recent times, they wouldn't even been allowed to take part.

That said I only made my initial comments on the back of a whinge about playing two games back to back. Really can't eat cake and have it, I suggest. 

Just heard that Brian Watson a former player had passed away. Played with the BU’s in the late 60’s with the McQueen brothers, Joe McMeechan, John ‘Bugle’ Sneddon, John Bernard etc. A very quick winger who scored a few goals. 

20 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

The SPFL sanctioned Irish and Welsh teams playing in the challenge cup and b teams in our division, the horse has bolted on guest teams. At least unlike them Bo'ness have a proud history in the junior cup.

I see an 'Important' South Challenge Cup cup game has been shunted into midweek to allow East Kilbride to play in an Invitation Cup.

Double standards from the LL.

Edited by Casper Wilson

34 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

I see an 'Important' South Challenge Cup cup game has been shunted into midweek to allow East Kilbride to play in an Invitation Cup.

Spfl taking priority.LL teams can hardly complain when ll and invited clubs (wa##s )bar league winners accepted the format.

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

It's a cup weekend so not really sure what the LL would have to do with it beyond having 1/4 the representation on the committee.

Edited by FairWeatherFan