37 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Still no update on our absent captain, league starts in a week and a half

Nothing major. Should be few weeks max. Probably touch and go for derby but won’t be match fit 

18 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Nothing major. Should be few weeks max. Probably touch and go for derby but won’t be match fit 

and what (see "Watt" eh did there) about our vice captain?

no starts in 4 and couldn't even get on in front of half a dozen youth players tonight

I've very little interest in the LC as a tournament, it's a dreadful format nowadays, but it appears Goodwin and United aren't too interested in it either, possibly for different reasons.

But from a cursory glance at the substitutions made in all four matches, the substitutions are generally baffling, albeit it turned up a fantastic debut goal in match three.

In terms of confidence, it's now at a lower ebb than it was 11 days ago for a lot of United fans, and I hope the players feel quite differently. 

7 hours ago, Beardy23 said:

and what (see "Watt" eh did there) about our vice captain?

no starts in 4 and couldn't even get on in front of half a dozen youth players tonight

Like I said before he was told he can go but Goodwin needs to tread carefully with what he’s doing…..I don’t personally think with the contract he is on he would go anywhere at the age of 30. Hopefully I’m wrong but if he’s still here in a few weeks I think Goodwin will have no choice but to use him. 

All comes from TA and a shocking contract. 

40 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Like I said before he was told he can go but Goodwin needs to tread carefully with what he’s doing…..I don’t personally think with the contract he is on he would go anywhere at the age of 30. Hopefully I’m wrong but if he’s still here in a few weeks I think Goodwin will have no choice but to use him. 

All comes from TA and a shocking contract. 

Presumably someone will take him on loan, even if it means United paying most of his wages. That petted lip is just a distraction for everyone else at the club and you'd get more of a contribution from Stirton or one of the other young laddies than from a huffy Watt.

A positive, this time last year we would have drawn or lost that match last night 

As everyone says, we are desperate for a DM and if (surely when) we get one, that changes the whole dynamics of that team and knits it more together 

As things stands, Dundee win the derby by 2 goals 

2 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

A positive, this time last year we would have drawn or lost that match last night 

As everyone says, we are desperate for a DM and if (surely when) we get one, that changes the whole dynamics of that team and knits it more together 

As things stands, Dundee win the derby by 2 goals 

No we wouldn't 

That wasn't a Spartans level team. They are closer to Lochee United than a league team.

14 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Presumably someone will take him on loan, even if it means United paying most of his wages. That petted lip is just a distraction for everyone else at the club and you'd get more of a contribution from Stirton or one of the other young laddies than from a huffy Watt.

You’d like to think that would work but there is something about Watts attitude I feel like he would happily sit on a bench all year (hope I’m wrong) He also has something over the club (stolen item from well over a year ago) that I feel he would use in his own way…..could be totally wrong but I’m just guessing. 

Best case scenario is he loaned out for the remainder of his deal 

That was shit last night.  Not convinced with that formation even if we bring in a few more players.  The only positive is it shows that we do have individual players with skill.

Moult needs competition.

If Tony Watt gets abducted by aliens do we still have to pay his wages?

10 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Tony Watt seemingly beneath the youth team now in the pecking order. 

What has Watt done? Acted the fool or what is going on?

4 minutes ago, Girth said:

What has Watt done? Acted the fool or what is going on?

Totally disinterested and showing it; not putting in any effort when he comes on.  Perpetual Huff Syndrome.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Totally disinterested and showing it; not putting in any effort when he comes on.  Perpetual Huff Syndrome.

Ahh fair enough. Seems to happen a lot with him. Where do you think you'll shift him on to?

Why have we even switched to a back three? Has Goodwin explained that at all? (I can also sense him, much like Steve Clarke being wed to this system and unwilling to change during the course of a game).

Last quarter of last season with a partnership of Graham and McLelland (subbed of at half time last night I notice) we looked pretty solid. It was noticeable in the last game v Patrick when Graham and McLelland went off and were replaced with Holt and Gallagher that mistakes crept in at the back in those last 15 minutes. Everyone has differing opinions, but I'm doubtful that Gallagher in particular (despite a decent start to last season) is Premiership level. Switching to a back three however seems to have increased his chances of playing on matchday.

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

So I guess he has never played under a good manager in his career

If he had never played well in his career he wouldn't be on the wages he is with the drama that comes attached.