2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

On a more negative front, we're desperately in need of someone who can play in place of Strain - Thomson ain't it.

The rest spot on but this bit, hard disagree.

Thomson will be more than adequate cover. Such a tenacious tackler and he's as good defensively as he is going forwards. More experience getting first team minutes in the Prem will make him as a player in a positive way.

I said years ago when Ralston was on loan he would get Scotland caps.

I'm going to say the same about Thomson.

Bookmark away.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

The rest spot on but this bit, hard disagree.

Thomson will be more than adequate cover. Such a tenacious tackler and he's as good defensively as he is going forwards. More experience getting first team minutes in the Prem will make him as a player in a positive way.

I said years ago when Ralston was on loan he would get Scotland caps.

I'm going to say the same about Thomson.

Bookmark away.

Ralston was on loan from Celtic and played well for us - not the craziest prediction of all time.

Thomson - maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.

7 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Ralston was on loan from Celtic and played well for us - not the craziest prediction of all time.

Plenty folk called me mental.

3 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Sevelj looks more competent in the middle of the park playing to his strengths in possession.

From the first announcement JG has been talking about him as a midfielder who can help out in defence, not a defender who can help out in midfield. 

V impressed with Forbes odonnell and Harding who grew in the game. 

The Macedonians are brilliant, Thomson is totally fine replacement for strain, Graham has to play on the left of the back three- nae use at centre or on the right. 

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I thought Thomson looked very decent tonight in defence and going forward, as he did towards the end of last season., and he can cover multiple positions, which we will need. 

Thought tonight was a really good run out against decent opposition who had a go. Was one of the better pre season friendlies I have seen. 

Lots to feel positive about ahead of the arrival of the unstoppable Dark Blue Juggernaut next week, and I am sure Dave just needs a bit of time to settle in.  

Hope this is the case as he is our one and only answer to our massive CDM problem I think. 

26 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Sevelj looks more competent in the middle of the park playing to his strengths in possession.

Not sure I’m having him in centre mid if I am being honestly 

think he’ll start there next Sunday though 

Edited by dundeeunited83

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I really liked Grimshaw at CM for Morton. Classy player. Liked him at Motherwell as well when he played there against us.

Despite it being listed as his more natural position, I've never thought he looked near comfortable at RB when watching him and he seems to have become a bit of a boo-boy/laughing stock at United. Has he ever been deployed as an 'emergency' replacement for Docherty at times?

Are you sure you're talking about the right guy? Grimshaw's a pretty good Championship level,  no nonsense, full back. He's absolutely shite in midfield.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair enough on Grimshaw. Must confess, I was slightly jealous when you signed him as I'd always appreciated him, surprised at just what an absolute disaster it's been - but that's why I'm a fan and not involved in football I suppose!

It's not been a disaster.  He played most of last season, at full back and was mostly decent. His occasional appearances in midfield were largely shite.

2 hours ago, Ascal said:

For all intents and purposes this is a pick up game with 10 complete strangers for him...

Are you suggesting he thought he was playing for Luton and that’s why he spent the first half passing to them?

27 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Does anyone remember Fuchs' first game? He looked like he'd never seen a football. He turned that around pretty quickly, hopefully Ricky O does the same 

I don’t give a toss sbout this Ricky O character.

As long as Big Dave sorts himself out we’ll be fine. 😀

2 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Does anyone remember Fuchs' first game? He looked like he'd never seen a football. He turned that around pretty quickly, hopefully Ricky O does the same 

Still without a club 🙄

Fuchs showed enough in his first game to be optimistic about.

But as Goodwin has said Odada isn't even close to full fitness.

Edited by ArabFC

41 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Still without a club 🙄

Fuchs showed enough in his first game to be optimistic about.

But as Goodwin has said Odada isn't even close to full fitness.

It’s a shame about Fuchs. 

Was absolute class, but then when he knew he was attracting attention, started showboating and ended up costing us goals and ultimately points before he left…..

I’d have him back tbf.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

It’s a shame about Fuchs. 

Was absolute class, but then when he knew he was attracting attention, started showboating and ended up costing us goals and ultimately points before he left…..

I’d have him back tbf.

Early version of the Lemonheads' album?