Tell you what, credit to the club since promotion. They mean business. Don't think any of us could have predicted 11 new signings. Especially 11 new guys of that quality. I reckon we'll still add yet too. 

Gone about their business extremely professionally. Looks like amateur hour is now over. 

Credit where it's due. 

For the half dozen or so other nerds who care about this stuff it looks like he's going to be wearing #16 this year.

Surprised he didn't take the vacant #3 which he's worn before...

10 minutes ago, Ascal said:

For the half dozen or so other nerds who care about this stuff it looks like he's going to be wearing #16 this year.

Surprised he didn't take the vacant #3 which he's worn before...

I dont think shirt numbers are that indicative of anything anymore, in the past you would get players who would want a number between 1 and 11 as that would typically be reserved for the first 11. 

Tony Watt uses 32 everywhere he goes for example but was signed to be our main striker at the time.

12 hours ago, Groot said:

Tell you what, credit to the club since promotion. They mean business. Don't think any of us could have predicted 11 new signings. Especially 11 new guys of that quality. I reckon we'll still add yet too. 

Gone about their business extremely professionally. Looks like amateur hour is now over. 

Credit where it's due. 

I wonder what changed?  Oh, of course…

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

I dont think shirt numbers are that indicative of anything anymore, in the past you would get players who would want a number between 1 and 11 as that would typically be reserved for the first 11. 

Tony Watt uses 32 everywhere he goes for example but was signed to be our main striker at the time.

True, some players like Meshack or Gallagher have "their" number. But this guy has worn 2, 3 and 4 happily before.

Part of the reason I'm interested in squad numbers is I'm a big NFL fan and there basically every number has a story, so when someone with no preference doesn't take 1-11 or position-related number I ask "why?" 🙂

17 minutes ago, Ascal said:

True, some players like Meshack or Gallagher have "their" number. But this guy has worn 2, 3 and 4 happily before.

Part of the reason I'm interested in squad numbers is I'm a big NFL fan and there basically every number has a story, so when someone with no preference doesn't take 1-11 or position-related number I ask "why?" 🙂

Yeah who knows then, going by his interview, he seems quite a down to earth person so maybe he's not too bothered by which number he was given in the past then has decided on 16 being his favourite

The american sports numbers that players use are pretty interesting, they have more of a habit of retiring numbers than we do in the UK and i think it has a lot more meaning over there. One story is Dennis Rodman wanting to use the 69 number for the Mavs but was refused to do so by the NBA commisioner so ended up using 70 instead. I think there are a bunch of other numbers players not allowed to used also

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

In Tony Watts case the number 32 indicates he is a bell end and everywhere he goes he performes that role well 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

Andy Robertson took the 26 shirt at United because it was available.  Kept it for two of his three seasons at Hull and throughout his Liverpool career.

16 hours ago, Groot said:

Credit where it's due. 

Totally agree. The way we have kept our cards close to our chest and not leaked many names to the media is much more professional and thought out.

That new RCB is very highly rated.

Transfer business done or room for 1 more? 👀 

3 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

A wing-back on loan has to be the next move , if any -right?

2 keepers you'd be OK starting. 5 Centre Halves with a balance of left and right sided one. 4 central midfielders of at different points on the attacking-defensive spectrum. A half dozen inverted wingers/inside forwards (JG referred to the system as having IWs just there with Meshack). 2 dedicated CFs, a predator and a defensive forward, with Kai presumably a deputy to Moult.

Bringing in another defensive forward might be tricky. Good on them if they find a young guy who can grow into that position.

As for the wingbacks: Sevelj looked great on Sunday, credit to him. But the depth beyond him and Ferry is negligible. a couple knocks and bookings could leave us with Miller Thomson and Middleton out of position on the flanks - and with McMann/Grimshaw being shooed out the door - we realistically need at least one more natural WB in that area, right? I honestly can't see JG reverting to a 4 even if he has to find makeshift options there...

21 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Totally agree. The way we have kept our cards close to our chest and not leaked many names to the media is much more professional and thought out.

Any info on the food shopping budgets or batch cooking habits of the two newest signings?

53 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Tease.

There's definitely a player in Levitt but he's never really shown much for anybody other than under Tam Courts.

Bit of a weird move if his apparent transfer to the Dees as part of a swap deal for McCowan is to be believed.